First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was posted on BN. You know, the unofficial-official Bronco advertising and communication platform that is ran by a marketing firm paid by Ford. But what do they know? If I was you I would ignore all the haters here and go with what your dealer said, they are probably more reliable.

https://thebronconation.com/get-you...y-ordering-tips-for-22my-february-scheduling/
I also saw this on Bronco Nation, used to be all Rainbows and Unicorns, but if you scroll down and read some of the responses, it"s changed allot. One response says he is a Ford employee, in charge of ordering vehicles, and he states "removing constraints will not get you you're vehicle any quicker". So who do you believe?
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also saw this on Bronco Nation, used to be all Rainbows and Unicorns, but if you scroll down and read some of the responses, it"s changed allot. One response says he is a Ford employee, in charge of ordering vehicles, and he states "removing constraints will not get you you're vehicle any quicker". So who do you believe?
So Ford sent out a made up mass memo to all their dealerships? That makes no sense. It don't much matter to me as I have my Broncos. Just trying to pass on info and help y'all out.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Making your Bronco buildable vs not buildable should get it quicker, no?

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the post and the onfo from your dealer.

Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In his defense, my 2 Door Badlands, Sasquatch with 2.7, Lux, tow, and roof rack was built yesterday...

SasquatchBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was the tow package on that list? If so, think about that......really think about that. You REALLY believe that a bit of wiring harness, an electrical connector, and a bit of bent/welded steel is going to hold up production of a vehicle? My opinion......someone is smoking crack to believe that. With all the computer chip shortages (real), all the MIC hard top issues, the complexity of Ecoboost engine everything.......all in comparison to a fucking tow package. Come on......give me a break.
Hahaha...

Tell me you know nothing about the global material constraints (not just computer chips) without telling me you know nothing about the global material constraints...

hahahaha-austin-powers.gif

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

In his defense, my 2 Door Badlands, Sasquatch with 2.7, Lux, tow, and roof rack was built yesterday...
What Ford is saying is they can’t build to the demand, this does not mean they are not building anything. What they are saying is the demand outstrips the supply on certain commodities. Currently, PPF, Tow, and Mic.

We can’t even get parts plated right now. This is not just an issue with chips.

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Making your Bronco buildable vs not buildable should get it quicker, no?
Maybe, but the whole point of this launch was build it your way and reserve it. Now it seams to me they are telling you to build it their way, and we'll get you a hard top, tow or whatever later. Ford is out the picture then, and all parts will go through the dealer. Ford is not communicating any price protection on that or when the parts will be available. Dealers are gonna cash in on that.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Being that Ford sent an official correspondence to dealers documenting actual constraint options just yesterday, I will tend to believe the email over what “your dealer said.”
The dealer said it didn't "seem" to make a difference, and given that our monthly order threads are full of constrained items, she is seeing the same thing we are. She isn't necessarily lying or not knowledgeable.

Besides, if every order holder switches to "plentiful" parts in order to slightly increase their chances of being scheduled, those parts plentiful parts might be the next constraints. Another reason I would keep my order and (like her) advise anyone else to do the same and keep what they want.

Sponsored

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As many have said... Any thread that begins "my dealer said" doesn't hold a lot of water.

There are Ford employees and industry insiders on this forum that share information before or often real-time while it is passed onto the dealerships. Ford has done a horrible job communicating to their customers and dealers. Training about the bronco as a product was virtually nonexistent at my dealership. They were calling me to answer questions about the bronco their other reservation holders had. Where did I get that info? From trusted members here.

Don't believe us? Fine vet us. Oh and that "dealer's lead person" most likely is the General Manager.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
My $0.02 on the tow package. If you only need it for a bike carrier or external carrier and don't plan on any actual towing then install an aftermarket hitch. If you are gonna tow a camper or trailer then get the factory hitch as you can't add sway control or integrate the brake controller without.

Also, take caution when posting anything you hear from a dealer. We chalk those up as a "my dealer said" and make you do a shot for each one. If you spend just a bit of time on here reading and researching you are going to be way more informed then they are.
Trailer sway control is included on all Broncos it is standard equipment, and there is no reason you can't add a trailer brake controller to any Bronco.

Ford Bronco Excellent Conversation with My Dealer Today 1638588459129

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your #2 is true, then stealerships have ALL the power and I will bail on this process.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Trailer sway control is included on all Broncos it is standard equipment, and there is no reason you can't add a trailer brake controller to any Bronco.

Ford Bronco Excellent Conversation with My Dealer Today 1638588459129
Correct, but it’s also been stated that it is a royal PITA. But, technically you can add it later.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

🥃