First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, Terminator, 2018 F-150, 76 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, I figure it's probably about time to make a build thread. One of the best things I found with my Mustang thread was how easily you can keep track of the changes you make. If the Bronco is anything like the Mustang, there will probably be a lot of changes to come. This will probably be documented in a similar way to the Mustang- with too many details and probably even more pictures. Hopefully some of what's in here can help other members.

Originally, I wanted an Oxford white, or even Star white First Edition to match the rest of my vehicles. Since white was not an option, I had to make a color change. Converted to order on 1/29, production started on 9/16 and brought her home on 10/14. A 2-door First Edition in Lightning blue with Navy Pier interior.

i-Zm2WKcJ-L.jpg

i-b4jwJ36-L.jpg

i-RWpXcnt-L.jpg

Already had a few parts at home waiting to go on...

MRT hood struts. Went with these because the design utilized the hinge bracket for added support:

i-LGzgkPS-L.jpg

And color-matched brackets:

i-72NfLrC-L.jpg

i-HcRDDH8-L.jpg

Dark blue overlays from Vortex:

i-dqnt2Nj-L.jpg

Autostop Eliminator:

i-vDPvRwW-L.jpg

Stickerfab reflector tint and center cap overlays:

i-kWTf4dS-L.jpg

i-553N3gD-L.jpg

i-pcHhtTv-L.jpg

i-tL5hrnB-L.jpg

i-gvWB9Lx-L.jpg

After all that was done I trailered it over to ACP in Franklin, MA for a complete wrap in Xpel Ultimate PPF. Also went with ExoShield for the exterior of the windshield and Xpel Prime ceramic tint- 20% on the door glass, and 70% on the windshield and hard top glass to help cut heat.

i-xfkWLRR-L.jpg

While the Bronco was away I picked up a few more pieces...

New emblems to paint:

i-fnFHDv9-L.jpg

Screen ProTech PPF for nav screen, instrument panel and HVAC controls:

i-MQNkB4q-L.jpg

New mirror caps to paint:

i-zwJ25B7-L.jpg

BroncoDepot badges:

i-cnfTJCD-L.jpg

Project Kics 2-piece chromoly lug nuts:

i-vxBhFVV-L.jpg

Raptor AntennaX:

i-LGngvvw-L.jpg

With the Bronco back, it was time to get all of the awaiting pieces on... I started with the emblems and then moved onto Screen ProTech and Grdian Nova front/rear dash cam.

i-FnwbX5X-L.jpg

i-Km3Rtwv-L.jpg

i-csxt4tS-L.jpg

The dash cam kit comes with a hardwire kit that uses a cigarette lighter styled plug and USB adapter. For me, this just was not ideal. replaced the bulky plug ends with a simple 12v to 5v converter box. Then it was as simple as running the wiring, tucking it neatly away and mounting the boxes.

i-Zj4nb9h-L.jpg

i-tCwbBGf-L.jpg

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

With that finished, I swapped out the lugs (some of OE lugs felt very easy to break free... I'd suggest checking torque) and wet sanded the mirror caps from 1000 through 5000 grit and polished them. Installed the caps and replaced the Xpel. Followed up with the new antenna. Lastly, I popped in UPR's BOV adapter just so I can hear some turbo noises.

Then it was just a matter of getting it waxed, sealed and coated and now it's time to enjoy this damn thing! Stage 1 is done. There's still a lot more that I plan to do, but I think this was a good start.

One of the few things that bothered me was having the "Bronco" lettering in the grille in white, but absolutely no other white on the vehicle to tie it in. Color matched badging really helped balance that out, I think. This also led to an idea, one I think many Broncos owners have had- a vintage inspired build. Blue and white is classic Bronco IMO, and I feel it could be done really well with some modern touches. The carbonized grey MIC top is another thing that really bothers me... both the grey and the texture do not match the rest of the plastics on the truck; painting the top white will fix that problem and help pull the new theme together really well. The mirrors stand out a bit currently, but with the top matched it should mesh together well.

Over time I'd like to add some Diode ditch lights, see what lift kits start coming to market and get this thing up on 37s with a solid beadlock wheel, Rockslide Engineering rails, get the hardtop painted and swap out bumpers. I really like the Bodyguard bumpers, but I'd love to see a rear bumper with an integrated hitch...
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoBLCG

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you do the pre cut fit on the ppf? If so did you do a full wrap / partial?

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors 75A25D20-86E4-4C00-BA60-A0BD1FFF3C25

I like where it’s going. I’m working on a build with VB with color matched mirrors (cuz OBX). This is just from messing around on Interactive Garage. I considered white on the grill and mirrors but I liked the matching blue on mirrors and the way the black grill made the white lettering stand out. Probably won’t do the graphics, but add the white script Bronco lettering on the fender like you did. Probably won’t do the hood scoop either, and mine will have the modular bumper. I liked this lower bull bar because it stays below the Bronco text.

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How hard was it to remove the rear Ford badge? I have a new one for mine and have yet to find a video or directions of someone taking that off. Also, do you have a link to the lug nuts? I would like to get those but in black. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

First Edition
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did you do the pre cut fit on the ppf? If so did you do a full wrap / partial?
I believe ACP used the pre-cut files and not cut by hand... in house plotter. It's a full wrap.
On the new mirrors I just ordered from Xpel and got the pre-cut set. Doing them wasn't bad at all, but I certainly wouldn't do an entire vehicle myself. Not enough talent for that lol

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors 75A25D20-86E4-4C00-BA60-A0BD1FFF3C25

I like where it’s going. I’m working on a build with VB with color matched mirrors (cuz OBX). This is just from messing around on Interactive Garage. I considered white on the grill and mirrors but I liked the matching blue on mirrors and the way the black grill made the white lettering stand out. Probably won’t do the graphics, but add the white script Bronco lettering on the fender like you did. Probably won’t do the hood scoop either, and mine will have the modular bumper. I liked this lower bull bar because it stays below the Bronco text.
That looks awesome! I also considered the white grille, but I think it would be too much for where it's headed. Love the look of the matching mirrors though- that was a tough choice for me. You've got me curious about how white flares would look...
I'll have to try out Interactive Garage; this is the first I've actually heard of it. Have always just used Photoshop to try out ideas. Here's a couple thoughts I messed around with:

I'll have to keep watch for what you do with yours

How hard was it to remove the rear Ford badge? I have a new one for mine and have yet to find a video or directions of someone taking that off. Also, do you have a link to the lug nuts? I would like to get those but in black. Thanks in advance.
Rear badge comes off pretty easy. I just use a non-marring pry tool to lift it and a little heat to soften the double-sided tape. It does have two plastic guide pins on each side, so just be careful not to break those. You probably won't be reusing the badge, but the pin can fall into the swing gate. Don't know of any videos for the Bronco specifically, but a lot of them come off the same way- pretty sure Escape and Explorer are the same size and layout. I'd bet there's YouTube videos for those.
Picked up the lugs from Evasive Motorsports. Comes in a set of 20, so you'll need 2 sets or to try and get a few singles.

Sponsored

Debc

Base
First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TAcoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
You should blank out your key code . You are showing it to the world and they find key pad and can unlock your bronco just food for thought

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

First Edition
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You should blank out your key code . You are showing it to the world and they find key pad and can unlock your bronco just food for thought
That may be a little tricky to do on mine… but blanking probably isn’t a bad idea

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I figure it's probably about time to make a build thread. One of the best things I found with my Mustang thread was how easily you can keep track of the changes you make. If the Bronco is anything like the Mustang, there will probably be a lot of changes to come. This will probably be documented in a similar way to the Mustang- with too many details and probably even more pictures. Hopefully some of what's in here can help other members.

Originally, I wanted an Oxford white, or even Star white First Edition to match the rest of my vehicles. Since white was not an option, I had to make a color change. Converted to order on 1/29, production started on 9/16 and brought her home on 10/14. A 2-door First Edition in Lightning blue with Navy Pier interior.

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors i-bbbDzpq-L

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors i-bbbDzpq-L

Already had a few parts at home waiting to go on...

MRT hood struts. Went with these because the design utilized the hinge bracket for added support:

And color-matched brackets:

Dark blue overlays from Vortex:

Autostop Eliminator:

Stickerfab reflector tint and center cap overlays:

After all that was done I trailered it over to ACP in Franklin, MA for a complete wrap in Xpel Ultimate PPF. Also went with ExoShield for the exterior of the windshield and Xpel Prime ceramic tint- 20% on the door glass, and 70% on the windshield and hard top glass to help cut heat.

While the Bronco was away I picked up a few more pieces...

New emblems to paint:

Screen ProTech PPF for nav screen, instrument panel and HVAC controls:

New mirror caps to paint:

BroncoDepot badges:

Project Kics 2-piece chromoly lug nuts:

Raptor AntennaX:

With the Bronco back, it was time to get all of the awaiting pieces on... I started with the emblems and then moved onto Screen ProTech and Grdian Nova front/rear dash cam.

The dash cam kit comes with a hardwire kit that uses a cigarette lighter styled plug and USB adapter. For me, this just was not ideal. replaced the bulky plug ends with a simple 12v to 5v converter box. Then it was as simple as running the wiring, tucking it neatly away and mounting the boxes.

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors i-Sst8v6G-L

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors i-Sst8v6G-L

With that finished, I swapped out the lugs (some of OE lugs felt very easy to break free... I'd suggest checking torque) and wet sanded the mirror caps from 1000 through 5000 grit and polished them. Installed the caps and replaced the Xpel. Followed up with the new antenna. Lastly, I popped in UPR's BOV adapter just so I can hear some turbo noises.

Then it was just a matter of getting it waxed, sealed and coated and now it's time to enjoy this damn thing! Stage 1 is done. There's still a lot more that I plan to do, but I think this was a good start.

One of the few things that bothered me was having the "Bronco" lettering in the grille in white, but absolutely no other white on the vehicle to tie it in. Color matched badging really helped balance that out, I think. This also led to an idea, one I think many Broncos owners have had- a vintage inspired build. Blue and white is classic Bronco IMO, and I feel it could be done really well with some modern touches. The carbonized grey MIC top is another thing that really bothers me... both the grey and the texture do not match the rest of the plastics on the truck; painting the top white will fix that problem and help pull the new theme together really well. The mirrors stand out a bit currently, but with the top matched it should mesh together well.

Over time I'd like to add some Diode ditch lights, see what lift kits start coming to market and get this thing up on 37s with a solid beadlock wheel, Rockslide Engineering rails, get the hardtop painted and swap out bumpers. I really like the Bodyguard bumpers, but I'd love to see a rear bumper with an integrated hitch...
Panda motorsports sells BOV delete, remove to short hose and cap off. Wonder if it works for 5$.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.strongarmbarandgrill.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 Raptor, '15 SRT Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't wait to see the rest of this build unfold! Quite literally one of my favorite enthusiasts out there! Stoked to join this ride with you my brother!

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors 1639425052450

Looks familiar...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

First Edition
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Panda motorsports sells BOV delete, remove to short hose and cap off. Wonder if it works for 5$.
I've seen it, I think for 5 bucks it'll do everything you want it to

Can't wait to see the rest of this build unfold! Quite literally one of my favorite enthusiasts out there! Stoked to join this ride with you my brother!
Thank you brother! Excited for you to get yours 💪

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

First Edition
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Haven't done too much other than trying to get some road time in. Did take a couple hours to wrap the top and try out an idea...

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors i-JtbztJh-L

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors i-5nhSvFk-L

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors i-h5x4xJc-L

Using leftover vinyl and knifeless tape I went over the reflective silver

Putting the top on seemed like a good time to swap out the hardware for GPCA t-handles...

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors i-VPt5kQn-L

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors i-KkkLCRg-L

Final product:

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors i-6XShsJV-L

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors i-JZMb73d-L

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors i-Hz2XmQw-L

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors i-cpSXTgd-L

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors i-TF59g7N-L

Overall I'm happy with it. Achieves that old blue/white look of the older generations. Some of the MIC texture does show through with the vinyl, but I'm okay with it for now.

Last edited:

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Your build looks great! I think a set of white retro looking wheels would be bad ass.

Would you mind sharing exactly what lug nuts you ordered and are you happy with the Blue match to the Lightning Blue? Did you have to buy 2 complete sets of the Project Kics to get enough for the spare too?
Sponsored