First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge Limited AWD, 2008 Saturn Aura XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dropped tow package on mine. lets see if it helps. I will just install my own when I get it.
I just did the same for my 2dr ordered 11/29/21. Actually just need the hitch for a bike rack, so when I purchase the hitch later from Ford Parts won't need the wiring harness anyways.
Sponsored

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't forget the $195 auxiliary switches, you might regret it later if you want to add lights, etc.
I TOTALLY regret not getting the switches... SOOOO how can I remedy this?!?

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes one can always put a trailer hitch on it after market.

Problem is the computer is then NOT programmed with the Trailer Tow information and warning to let you know if the lights arent working as well as turning off the rear parking assist and some larts of the BIS as well as changing the dynamics of engine and transmission programming.

if you add the trailer hitch yourself, the computer wont know when you have one connected or not.

Using forscan it might be possible to enable trailer tow mode, but that is unverified.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes one can always put a trailer hitch on it after market.

Problem is the computer is then NOT programmed with the Trailer Tow information and warning to let you know if the lights arent working as well as turning off the rear parking assist and some larts of the BIS as well as changing the dynamics of engine and transmission programming.

if you add the trailer hitch yourself, the computer wont know when you have one connected or not.

Using forscan it might be possible to enable trailer tow mode, but that is unverified.
I only use tow mode on my F150 when I am pulling my 12K trailer for regular utility trailers and even my car trailer I never use it, you don't need it for 3500 lb trailers. Also, from what I have heard (may be wrong) there is not a trailer towing mode on the Bronco even with the trailer towing package.

Kinda funny how we survived all these years towing with vehicles that don't have trailer towing modes, rear parking assist, and on top of that we didn't have something that told us whether the trailer lights were connected/working.

Sponsored

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well that's 2 out of 3 things on my order. I guess I'm hosed until WELL into 2022...

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I only use tow mode on my F150 when I am pulling my 12K trailer for regular utility trailers and even my car trailer I never use it, you don't need it for 3500 lb trailers. Also, from what I have heard (may be wrong) there is not a trailer towing mode on the Bronco even with the trailer towing package.

Kinda funny how we survived all these years towing with vehicles that don't have trailer towing modes, rear parking assist, and on top of that we didn't have something that told us whether the trailer lights were connected/working.
Progress, I guess 🤣

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wouldn't it be great if, I dunno, Ford actually established/announced pricing for this so we could all make informed decisions? 🤬

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I assume just removing the paint projection from my order while keeping the hard top and the tow package won't speed up my build by a single minute, right?

Sponsored

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe once you get a VIN, it's too late to make changes. I also have a build week of 01/17/22 with the tow package. I called my salesman to clarify and he said it will be built with the tow package. I'm sure there will be delays...
it's not too late to change, but supposedly once you have a vin then they have the parts projected to complete your build. If you want to add something to your order after your vin, you can only add it if Ford allows it. Ex: i have a Jan build date and i was able to add a few things

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just talked to my dealer today. He said they are not building anything with the 2.7, Badlands trim, front locker, lux pkg., and tow.
FanF%ckingTastic. Thats almost my exact spec!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I assume just removing the paint projection from my order while keeping the hard top and the tow package won't speed up my build by a single minute, right?
the PPF is a death wish for scheduling definitely remove that as that has to be done in the mod shop anyways. You have about 0% of getting scheduled with PPF atm.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the PPF is a death wish for scheduling definitely remove that as that has to be done in the mod shop anyways. You have about 0% of getting scheduled with PPF atm.
Great to know, thanks. My salesman told me it wouldn't make any difference, but your point seems more credible.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just removed hardtop and tow from my Wildtrak ... let's see if it gets pulled this Thursday.

:)
Sponsored