Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone actually received a ticket for not having the front plate? I am sure there are exceptions but I have never heard of anyone receiving a ticket solely for not having a front plate. I did get a warning once while pulled over for speeding. Just trying to figure out if its worth it to figure out a relocate on the new capable bumper or store it in the glove box. I think the plate jerry rigged on the front looks awful and I don't want to drill the new capable bumper.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DoubleADuster

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Ford Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have gotten an inspection ticket here in Maryland for my Trans Am, which I never mounted a front plate to. I put it on and got inspected and took it off.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been stopped 3 times in my life for no license plate. Did not get a ticket. I have a couple friends that have gotten a ticket for it though. I guess it depends on your attitude with the officer and what kind of mood he or she is in that day!

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have gotten an inspection ticket here in Maryland for my Trans Am, which I never mounted a front plate to. I put it on and got inspected and took it off.
Same deal in California - they call it a Fix It ticket.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In Virginia it is no longer a primary offense, meaning you have to get pulled over for something else. I look at it like if I get pulled over for speeding, maybe the officer will give me a warning for the speeding and write me up for the plate as a "lesson". But who knows. Or maybe I'll just keep it in the glove box and tell him I'll put it on when I get home.....TBD...

Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never by a local PD officer. I have received 2 from a TX State Trooper. Granted, it was the same trooper that gave me the 2 tickets after he had already given me a warning. I had a memorable vehicle so he remembered me. Nice guy though. I imagine I'll have more interactions with him after I get the Bronco lol

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Been driving without a front plate on 2 different cars i bought last summer, no tickets yet despite driving past plenty of cops.

I'm sure all states are different, but from personal experience It doesn't appear to be something they actively go after. That said, I personally know a state trooper and I asked him about this and he said his fellow troopers don't really care about front plates but he absolutely will pull a mother over, so your millage may vary lol

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, the toll roads in Colorado will get you. They depend on taking a pic of your plates to bill you, so if you don’t have one, they’ll send a ticket.

blsbikes2

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone actually received a ticket for not having the front plate? I am sure there are exceptions but I have never heard of anyone receiving a ticket solely for not having a front plate. I did get a warning once while pulled over for speeding. Just trying to figure out if its worth it to figure out a relocate on the new capable bumper or store it in the glove box.
I used to live in a 2 plate state (NY) and got pulled over and ticketed for no front plate on my stock 2008 Mustang Bullitt. The trooper obviously just wanted to look at the ride based on the questions asked. told me to get the plate put on and they would drop the fine. I still hate him for making me drill holes in the bumper.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, the toll roads in Colorado will get you. They depend on taking a pic of your plates to bill you, so if you don’t have one, they’ll send a ticket.
How they going to send a ticket but can't send a bill?
Ford Bronco Front license plate ticket? giphy (22)

Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Drove a car here in Ohio for 6 years (2011-2017) without a front plate without any problems.
As of this past year they are no longer required in Ohio.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh geez, officer, "my dealer said" the Bronco doesn't come with a spot for the license plate and they said that meant I don't need one there. I'll be sure to figure out a way to hang the other one just as soon as I get home ;)

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How they going to send a ticket but can't send a bill?
Ford Bronco Front license plate ticket? giphy (22)
Lol! They have front and rear facing cameras. So they get a picture of the rear plate regardless. Then they mail you a fine for not having a front plate along with the pictures they took.

Jofenech

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in California, haven’t had a front plate on any vehicle in over 40 years no tickets, now that I’ve said that I’ll probably get one this afternoon.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah - I got one while parked. They made me Pay and Fix.
Sponsored