Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MME CA Route 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Never while driving but twice while parked in California. I had to beg the dealership to not install the factory mount and have a 3rd party one on order. Taped the temp paper one to the inside windshield so we shall see…
Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It all depends on where you live, state and provincial laws are all different. IN B.C., I have been ticketed for not having a front plate, sadly...

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Has anyone actually received a ticket for not having the front plate? I am sure there are exceptions but I have never heard of anyone receiving a ticket solely for not having a front plate. I did get a warning once while pulled over for speeding. Just trying to figure out if its worth it to figure out a relocate on the new capable bumper or store it in the glove box. I think the plate jerry rigged on the front looks awful and I don't want to drill the new capable bumper.
you can always install a winch and get a flip up license plate mount

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have gotten a ticket in CO too. In Boulder, was stopped for a missing front license, ticketed, had to pay a fine and prove that it had been corrected.

Rather than call BS on the ExpressToll person, you could ask questions, like "how do they ticket you if you're missing the front license plate?". The answer is they have cameras that photograph the front and back of the car in numerous locations along toll roads. ExpressToll has an agreement with the DMV to look up any license plates and get the registered owner and address. This is used for both ticketing and billing. The reason they want the front license plate visible is that during the winter time, the back license plate is oftentimes obscured with snow and mud. For ticketing, they notify the police in the jurisdiction in which you reside that you're missing the front license plate and provide photograph(s). Most, but not all, jurisdictions will send a ticket to the address. Good times.

However, I got my ticket on a regular Street.
I appreciate your informative response but I wasn't calling BS, I was making a joke about how the reasoning for the ticket. The fact that they need it to bill you is proven false by the fact that they can still know exactly who you are and can send you a ticket.

Orange Man gif was a joke about some peoples thoughts on unnecessary government regulations

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a warning 1 day after I got my car. 1 more warning since, small town.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
It happens. As a former LEO I can tell you that in States requiring front plates....it is PC-probably cause to stop your vehicle. Why deal with that, the potential problems it can cause, many LEO's then use it to fish for something more. Some will be cool and write you a warning (but that is then in the computer, the next time you get stopped...a likely ticket). Some traffic officers have their "go to" or "pet peeve" citations. I knew some that this was their violation to look for and would write hundreds of citations for them. Me...I will comply and have ordered my own front plate location bracket. The OEM location sucks.
Same thing, I made a mental note of the parked ones who didn't have one, put it in my back pocket for when I wanted to stop them. Never wrote anything more than a warning . My pet peeve was high beams...

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will comply and have ordered my own front plate location bracket. The OEM location sucks.
I will as well. Besides, my sweet new bracket from @HBTFD locates the plate where it is supposed to be IMO. Not to mention I paid big bucks for personalized plates!
Ford Bronco Front license plate ticket? licenseplatebracket
Ford Bronco Front license plate ticket? Screenshot 2021-06-10 9.43.10 AM

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone actually received a ticket for not having the front plate? I am sure there are exceptions but I have never heard of anyone receiving a ticket solely for not having a front plate. I did get a warning once while pulled over for speeding. Just trying to figure out if its worth it to figure out a relocate on the new capable bumper or store it in the glove box. I think the plate jerry rigged on the front looks awful and I don't want to drill the new capable bumper.
Ive had no front plate on my truck for 7 years and have only gotten 2 parking tickets from the city of Malibu and both were in the same month.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have, numerous times while parked. Don't park in downtown Denver on the street without a front license plate mounted below 26" (IIRC). Lost my front plate while wheeling due to a shitty mount (ahem KR Offroad), parked on Monday and ticketed. New license plate received and put in windshield, parked, ticketed again. Cause I wanted an explanation so I parked again but waited for the cop who proceeded to break out a measuring tape, give me an explanation, and another ticket. It wasn't for improperly mounted it was for the height issue.

So I display a front license plate and happy Idaho doesn't have some stupid 26" crap.
Ford Bronco Front license plate ticket? PXL_20211121_013957244_2

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol! They have front and rear facing cameras. So they get a picture of the rear plate regardless. Then they mail you a fine for not having a front plate along with the pictures they took.
"It doesn't stop us in the slightest from taxing you to hell.... but we're gonna fine you anyway and steal more of your money"
-Statist scumbags

Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No issue so far here in Maryland since taking delivery 10/15. Stopped to talk to the state trooper stationed at the MVA (DMV) when I went to register the Bronco and told him that it wasn't delivered with a front plate holder (cough) and that my dealer was trying to get one, and that I had also ordered an aftermarket holder, too. He said it shouldn't be an issue if I explain this if I get pulled over, but, of course, no guarantees. My Builtright Industries plate holder delivery was pushed back due to manufacturing delays, but I expect to get it later this month. 🤞

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know people that have been driving with no plates at all since the start of covid. Cops don't care like the used to.

The mail lost my plate the DMV sent me and they are so backed up that I've been driving on an expired temp tag for 2 months.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Drove a car here in Ohio for 6 years (2011-2017) without a front plate without any problems.
As of this past year they are no longer required in Ohio.
Yes, first thing I did was remove all my front plates. My mustang looks so much better without it.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple of LEO have responded and I will add my two cents. Ohio used to be a front plate state. You could pull over on that without any moving violation. It gave you a legal stop to find out impairment, license status, warrants, criminal activity, etc. The only people that got a ticket for no front plate were those that had an additional charge. The plate ticket was backing up the reason for the stop and subsequent charges. I have never seen a front plate ticket with no additional charges. They all end up being warnings when the fishing yielded no fish.

Reactions: abe

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In over the 18 years driving my 72 , I have never been pulled over in it.
I did have a officer follow me to the grocery store just to tell me he loved my seahawk bronco. 😁
Sponsored