First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are several good youtube videos of people doing FORScan updates on Broncos. It's really easy if oyu follow them along. While you are in there, disable the double-honk and auto start/stop if you don't like those "features." This is a good place to start for detailed information.

I really like having ALL GOAT modes available but I will say, Sport mode is addicting (at least for me). I have the 2.7L and it just feels much more "peppy." I'm sure I'm burning through fuel faster but it's just so fun to drive in this mode. :)
I run sport mode all the time, and honestly, it's as responsible with fuel as you care to be. I was actually getting 23-24 MPG at one point today at 60 MPH (in sport mode) just taking in some sights.
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I have the advanced transfer case, a manual transmission, hero switches to manually turn on and off traction control and for both lockers...

What really do any of the goat modes do for me if I am controlling the throttle and transmission? Is "tight" or "soft" steering the only thing I can't change without using Goat Modes?

The "newest" vehicle I've ever owned is a 1998, so these newfangled computer things are strange to me. Can I just post a chart on my on my dash to remind me which buttons to hit?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I have the advanced transfer case, a manual transmission, hero switches to manually turn on and off traction control and for both lockers...

What really do any of the goat modes do for me if I am controlling the throttle and transmission? Is "tight" or "soft" steering the only thing I can't change without using Goat Modes?

The "newest" vehicle I've ever owned is a 1998, so these newfangled computer things are strange to me. Can I just post a chart on my on my dash to remind me which buttons to hit?
Well the computer still controls throttle response, that pedal you push to go faster isn't actually connected to the throttle, 'you think that's air you are breathing... LOL. There are rules Neo.'

There's only a few modes that you really need. Sport Mode (4A), Rock Crawl (4L), and Baja (4H).

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well the computer still controls throttle response, that pedal you push to go faster isn't actually connected to the throttle, 'you think that's air you are breathing... LOL. There are rules Neo.'

There's only a few modes that you really need. Sport Mode (4A), Rock Crawl (4L), and Baja (4H).
I still keep wavering between BaseManSquatch and NonSas Black Diamond. It's Arizona, I really prefer cloth seats, but Base doesn't have Mud/Ruts or Rock Crawl.

What am I really missing without Mud/Ruts or RockCrawl, considering the Manual has a granny gear to play with?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I still keep wavering between BaseManSquatch and NonSas Black Diamond. It's Arizona, I really prefer cloth seats, but Base doesn't have Mud/Ruts or Rock Crawl.

What am I really missing without Mud/Ruts or RockCrawl, considering the Manual has a granny gear to play with?
Base Man Squatch is one FORSCAN session away from having all 8 GOAT modes, so the only thing that you miss out on with a Base Squatch is the sway bar disconnect with regard to the 4x4 capabilities.

The Black Diamond can't have the mid-package with the manual transmission, and the only way to get a manual transmission and mid-package or higher is with the Badlands.

So if you want the cloth interior and all the GOAT modes, get the base sasquatch. It's the better bargain.

Sponsored

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I "Forscan'd" sport mode on my Badlands and the throttle sensitivity and transmission shifting is night and day difference from any other mode. It made it so peppy!

Hokiemike87

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I run sport mode all the time, and honestly, it's as responsible with fuel as you care to be. I was actually getting 23-24 MPG at one point today at 60 MPH (in sport mode) just taking in some sights.
I have a 2.7L OBX that I got on 11/30 and only have 60 miles put on it. Onboard computer says I am averaging 11.2 miles per gallon! Haven't had it on the interstat yet and haven't really dogged it. Was kinda suprised by that number but it's still early lol.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2.7L OBX that I got on 11/30 and only have 60 miles put on it. Onboard computer says I am averaging 11.2 miles per gallon! Haven't had it on the interstat yet and haven't really dogged it. Was kinda suprised by that number but it's still early lol.
Woah I'm getting 14L/100km (~16-17MPG) and I'm a leadfoot, hopefully it gets a bit better for you there.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Woah I'm getting 14L/100km (~16-17MPG) and I'm a leadfoot, hopefully it gets a bit better for you there.
My 1st miles were grim (13 MPG and I was driving it gently).

310BroncoTK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Macan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 1st miles were grim (13 MPG and I was driving it gently).
I have a 2.7L Black Diamond, around 60 miles, as well, and the onboard computer read out is 10-11 MPG, and that's in "eco mode!" WTH! I thought maybe the computer was broken!

Sponsored

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How would we survive without goat modes? What if it rains on the highway on the way to work, should I lock it in 4x4?

If I merging onto the highway at rush hour and want to accelerate quicker, should I press the gas pedal all the way? Is that going to hurt the engine if I do it in normal mode??

Last edited:

Martiin

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Picked up my OBX 4door sasquatch 2.7 on 12/2 with 6 miles on Odometer and 10mpg. I'm up to 450miles and mpg went up gradually and now hovering between 15.9 and 16.3mpg. I've read some guys are getting upwards of 18-19mpg not sure if it's true though, no photos of dash only their word.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Picked up my OBX 4door sasquatch 2.7 on 12/2 with 6 miles on Odometer and 10mpg. I'm up to 450miles and mpg went up gradually and now hovering between 15.9 and 16.3mpg. I've read some guys are getting upwards of 18-19mpg not sure if it's true though, no photos of dash only their word.
My 2.3 7sp BD with 34s and 2in lift is consistently only getting 14.8MPG, 70% Highway. Confirmed by calculating at the pump, dash fluctuates between 14-15mpg.

It was 17° out here yesterday.

Martiin

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2.3 7sp BD with 34s and 2in lift is consistently only getting 14.8MPG, 70% Highway. Confirmed by calculating at the pump, dash fluctuates between 14-15mpg.

It was 17° out here yesterday.
We have had some nice cool weather high 60 and when I drive it I'm more to the 16+mpg but I have a slight suspicion the wife might be getting a little foot happy and getting on because the mpg drops when she drives it.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have had some nice cool weather high 60 and when I drive it I'm more to the 16+mpg but I have a slight suspicion the wife might be getting a little foot happy and getting on because the mpg drops when she drives it.
Yeah I totally agree with that statement, I work from home and my wife will be in one month as well but right now she's using it to commute a little bit and I'm sure she's having fun spooling those turbos! When I get in a press the gas it just wants to go I'm certain the transmission is learning her driving over mine. 😅

But even so with close to 800 kms on ours now and a full day off roading we're still averaging 14.8L/100 km which is around 16-17mpg. I'll have to take a screenshot and also compare our actual tank fill up vs the dash display.
Sponsored