First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 LR4, 1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By "just got", you mean it was sent in the past hour or so, or at the normal 2 or 3 AM dump?
You are right it was sent at 2 am. I just read it over a cup of coffee.
Sponsored

mbryant1985

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ford Bronco (project)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone confirm that the shipping estimates are relatively conservative? Have people seen shipments arriving before the estimates, same, or later?

All the above? lol

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can anyone confirm that the shipping estimates are relatively conservative? Have people seen shipments arriving before the estimates, same, or later?

All the above? lol
All of the above. See people get it early, others right on the date and others much later lol I think it's going to depend on the rail yard it lands and the hoe the truck drivers are in the area

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer indicated that the rail car number was on the WS. That made no sense to me in light of every thing I've read on this forum. Can anyone who has a rail car number see that number anywhere on your WS?

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Picked up the trail again and can verify CSX will track through the transfer to destination. It’s now in the hands of IHB and CSX still updating. Your dealer should be able to provide the rail car number from the vehicle visibility report. It’s just a matter of tracking via CSX from that point.
Alright cool yesterday after asking all he gave me was the estimated delivery dates that I already knew. Have you seen where tour railcar is currently?

Sponsored

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dealer indicated that the rail car number was on the WS. That made no sense to me in light of every thing I've read on this forum. Can anyone who has a rail car number see that number anywhere on your WS?
When I asked my dealer yesterday for the railcar # he asked me to send him my WS I guess to look for it? But I'm pretty sure that it is not on the WS

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I asked my dealer yesterday for the railcar # he asked me to send him my WS I guess to look for it? But I'm pretty sure that it is not on the WS
That's surprising... your dealer asked you to send them your WS? Perhaps they work on closed systems that don't allow general internet access. But from what you're saying... you don't see the (first) rail car number on your sticker? Bummer. That means I have to ask my dealer a bugging question.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright cool yesterday after asking all he gave me was the estimated delivery dates that I already knew. Have you seen where tour railcar is currently?
In Gibson, IN as of 12am

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

ChefAlan86

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90, 22 Maverick XL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is exhausting. Ford sure knows how to screw with our minds and play with our hearts.

7/14/2020 - "You've reserved your Bronco!"
1/29 - "We have your order!"
3/25 - "This pandemic sucks"
5/28 - "We suck and we're sorry"
6/25 - "It's happening!"
6/29 - "Stay pumped!"
7/30 - "Assembly launch bitches!"
8/19 - "Sorry, we can't do it. Better luck next year."
9/30 - "You're scheduled!"
11/30 - "Build week!"
12/3 - "Blend date!"

12/3 thru 12/8 - NOTHING BUT CRICKETS

12/9 @ 2:41am - " Oh, I'm sorry Johnny I forgot you were there...you are built now".

BTW, we'll make sure it arrives sometime 12/31 thru 1/6...wouldn't want you to get a nice fat 2021 tax write-off after all this time...muah-ha-ha-ha!
Tax Write Off? I would love info on this. Can you shed some light?

mbryant1985

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ford Bronco (project)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tax Write Off? I would love info on this. Can you shed some light?
I have a small LLC (self-employment gig). When you complete your taxes each year, any vehicle expenses are eligible for a write-off because it is essential to me obtaining income. The same rules apply to hand tools, fuel expenses, office supplies, etc. You can even write off the square footage of your home office as if it were a monthly lease expense.

That's the broken-down version, but the laws are very detailed about what, why, and how much. I go to a licensed tax professional for my taxes each year. She tells me what receipts she needs and is very diligent. Bookkeeping is not a task I would recommend taking on alone.

The point of my comment is that if I take delivery of my new Bronco after 12/31, then I won't be able to write off any expenses for it until 2022 taxes are filed.

Not to start a political hurricane...but how do you think Trump accomplished earning millions of dollars and only paying in $750 in annual taxes? The system works if you know how to use it ;)

Last edited:

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got more info on my build (thank you Sales Mgr)!

This may be useful for anyone getting MOD work done.

Bulleted items are transcribed / paraphrased from a screen clip from Dealer's system. Italicized words are my comments.
  • On 12/6, my build was produced at MAP, and then released to the "Body Company" (that must be MOD?). At this time, ETA range was shown as 12/24 --> 12/30
  • On 12/6 at 4:21 pm EST, it was received at the "Upfitter" (is this the same as "Body Company"?).
I noticed the "built and shipped" status on the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking system (FVOTS) at 7:43 pm, soon after it was received at "Upfitter".

Then, on 12/7 at 5:47 am EST, I observed my mods had popped. Prior to then, I had checked at around midnight. This means that it took 13 or more hours to do whatever makes the mods pop after they finished putting it together.

• On 12/8 at 5:59 am EST, "Modification Begins"; MOD started adding things such as the safari bar
  • On 12/8 at 9:52 am EST, "Modification Complete"; MOD finished up the modifications.
What do I get from this?
  1. My vehicle might still not be done. I don't know if they do a QC check after MOD or not.
  2. As-of yesterday morning, my vehicle had not shipped, in spite of what the FVOTS says.
  3. The vehicle had to wait some number of hours (> 13!) between when they declared it "built" (and definitely finished it), and when the mods popped.
  4. The vehicle had to wait a day and a half before "Upfitter" started any work on it.
  5. Once they started working on it, it took "Upfitter" just 4 hours to install whatever they installed (likely safari bar, PPF, and roof rails).
  6. In spite of what the FVOTS says, my vehicle very likely still has not shipped yet.
I hope this is useful for someone. It definitely clarifies and confirms some things for me. It also means that MOD may not take as long (several days!) as I've heard it said in the past, which is good news.
Sponsored