Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I could never do without a truck for my daily. Just way too practical. The bronco is a fun vehicle. Weekender/2nd vehicle only for me.
Sponsored

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is no place I could possibly park a raptor.

Hard top 2dr bronco for city driving and weekend trailing. I have a spare compact parking spot I bought a while back for a bike that will hold my camper trailer.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you don’t mind that the Raptor is a country mile wide, it’s a really cool truck.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The raptor is huge. You’ll have much harder times in parking lots, drive throughs, garages, and such. But it does have a bed which comes in extremely handy when you need it. There’s also much more room inside.
The Bronco will be better Offroad due to its size unless you are in a desert or dune environment where that doesn’t matter. But you can take off the top and doors.
Also the Bronco won’t deliver for another year to a year and a half.
Choices, choices......

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Raptor is a T-Rex and you respect it.
Bronco is like your dog or your horse, you love it.

Both are desirable but different.
Both are vehicles you want but neither is a need.
Each a different kind of toy?
Depends on what you want.

Sponsored

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2011 Raptor and love it. It is super fast, has survived some holes that I didn't see until the last minute (water bottles are supposed to bounce off the ceiling right?), and can be used as a truck. I have not bought a jeep as no matter how much time I spend on a trail, I still have a road to take to get to it. The problem with the Raptor is that it's huge. I have done all the trails in the Colorado Alps, except for Black Bear. It's scary being on a narrow cliff, but I image a foot narrower (?) bronco will still be scary. Every thing is jeep sized. Note I took a rzr up there and had the same problem, it was too short and narrow to fit the jeep sized ruts. I'm getting the Bronco just to try something new and so that I won't have to turn back on really narrow trails. If it's too noisy (modular roof, removable doors) after a few years I'll get a Ranger Raptor.
If you are just looking for a daily drive, no idea (except looks) why you would get either. If you are going to use it, then your application determines which one would be better. Not to mention the Bronco is at least a year away, so you could get a Raptor now and in two years get a deal on a Bronco.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I had a larger house and driveway, I’d consider the raptor if price wasn’t an option. But the raptor is much larger than the bronco I think.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The bronco will also have AWD

Ford Bronco Bronco or Raptor? 1596217281404

I am keeping the Raptor and getting a Bronco also. Different applications, so really depends on your needs/wants. For me personally, I would choose Raptor if I could only have one. The Raptor has better street performance due to AWD/torsen and long/wide size, but it won't handle tight/narrow Jeep trails. The Raptor is wide, but mirrors fold in (pushbutton) for easy parking in garage.

If you go Raptor, you will probably want a tune for transmission and engine to wake it up (but not too firm on the shifts, or it will torque steer on fast cornering in AWD). Stock tune is not very impressive, so keep that in mind on test drive.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
from your pic, you are running methods at 0 offset .. and with those wheels you are def ripping off the fenders when you use all of your suspension travel. Stock wheels will do 60+ with no issues.

Unless you’re doing a bunch of upgrades such as fiberglass fenders, UCA's, tie-rods, bump stops, etc you arent doing 60+ on any dunes, fire roads or jumping anything but a parking lot speed bump or curb without tearing something up.

Sponsored

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wouldn't relinquish my Raptor for the Bronco. I don't think my wife would either. Fortunately, that is not the vehicle we are replacing. Shhh, don't tell Rex (the JK). I don't want him to know until it's a done deal.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am not sure what you are talking about BUT the Raptor has rear wheel drive as the default. And then you have the option to put it into 4WD. It also has "4A" ... in 4A, when it detects lack of traction to the rear wheels then it will engage AWD in that the front wheels will get power.

Based on my understanding, the Bronco will be the same with:

2H >> rear wheel
4H >> 4wd .. never do this on dry roads
4L >> only when extreme traction is needed
4A >> this is awd on the fly

I was of the understanding that was Auto 4wd which is no where close to AWD.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Like the raptor the bronco has has "4A" ... in 4A, when it detects lack of traction to the rear wheels then it will engage AWD in that the front wheels will get power.

Is it a true AWD .. NO .. but it is pretty close and a great feature.

Imagine driving down a road and then it starts to snow slightly ... you don't want to get into 4H because there are open patches of road with no snow.

This is where 4A comes into play as it only engages the front when needed. a TRUE AWD spins the all tires regardless of need and it also burns more gas.

the system Ford employs only engages the front wheel when needed and also will disengage the front wheels when not needed.

I was of the understanding that was Auto 4wd which is no where close to AWD.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the raptor i would get is $57k the bronco im looking at is $42k. Base Extended cab short bed raptor with 4.10's, bed liner, step and folding tonneau cover. Vs a badlands 2 door manual.

I would go Bronco

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
All Raptors come with short bed >> 5'6" and it only comes with 4.1 ... there is no choice

the raptor i would get is $57k the bronco im looking at is $42k. Base Extended cab short bed raptor with 4.10's, bed liner, step and folding tonneau cover. Vs a badlands 2 door manual.

I would go Bronco
Sponsored