First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well there you go. Ford will not offer the manual transmission with the 2.7L for the 2021 model year.

That is really unfortunate.

Ford Bronco No manual with 2.7L in 2021 Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 2.57.02 PM
Sponsored

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST, 2013 Jeep JKU, 1979 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunate. Definitely will keep me out of 2021 to see what happens. Seems like Ford has plenty of reservations to keep them busy for the 2021 MY anyways.
Hard to give up the 2 extra cylinders and lack of port injection/cgi block with the 2.7L.
Maybe we’ll see a change in the manual pairings for 2022 but I doubt it.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunate. Definitely will keep me out of 2021 to see what happens. Seems like Ford has plenty of reservations to keep them busy for the 2021 MY anyways.
Hard to give up the 2 extra cylinders and lack of port injection/cgi block with the 2.7L.
Maybe we’ll see a change in the manual pairings for 2022 but I doubt it.
If the manual sells poorly in the 2021 MY there is a chance it could be completely removed for 2022. Other manufacturers have done it, so I wouldn’t rule it out.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be the worst case scenario. As an enthusiast the manual is a absolute must have. I just find it difficult to drop 45k plus on a 4 cylinder anything no matter what the vehicle type is.
i realize that the 2.3L is capable as it can tow 7k pounds in the ranger. It just seems ridiculous to spend that much money on a 4 cylinder “performance” vehicle.

however my Jeep drives on road as bad as my 79 F150 so it’s not long for my garage.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
That would be the worst case scenario. As an enthusiast the manual is a absolute must have. I just find it difficult to drop 45k plus on a 4 cylinder anything no matter what the vehicle type is.
i realize that the 2.3L is capable as it can tow 7k pounds in the ranger. It just seems ridiculous to spend that much money on a 4 cylinder “performance” vehicle.

however my Jeep drives on road as bad as my 79 F150 so it’s not long for my garage.
Are you kidding me, I about want to have a heart attack over $30k 4 cylinder. At $45+ there has better be a V8 to make it worthwhile.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you kidding me, I about want to have a heart attack over $30k 4 cylinder. At $45+ there has better be a V8 to make it worthwhile.
I don't disagree. That would be the perfect world. However, I'd be more than satisfied with the manual paired with the 2.7L. But like I said I can't pay 45k for badlands and be happy driving home with a 4 pot. As weird as that may seem to some people.

I would pay an extra 5-10k for V8 and Manual. I'd keep that combo until I am physically unable to shift my own gears.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't disagree. That would be the perfect world. However, I'd be more than satisfied with the manual paired with the 2.7L. But like I said I can't pay 45k for badlands and be happy driving home with a 4 pot. As weird as that may seem to some people.

I would pay an extra 5-10k for V8 and Manual. I'd keep that combo until I am physically unable to shift my own gears.
With much less than that 5K you can get an aftermarket intercooler, intake and tune on the 2.3L. Over 300Hp and 400lb-ft torque on the Ranger with just those mods. Part of the reason they didn’t go bigger I suspect is the amount of $$$ that would be required for all of the other parts that would start breaking with much more HP than they’re already providing. The V8’s back then stock had less HP than these turbo engines and you had to replace the driveshaft, axles, transfer cases etc. very soon after upgrading because they would break with the torque under pressure off-road. With all that said, yeah I’m pretty disappointed in not getting the 2.7L with a manual......

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With all that said, yeah I’m pretty disappointed in not getting the 2.7L with a manual......
so what is your preference if you get a 2021? 2.3 manual or 2.7 auto

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
With much less than that 5K you can get an aftermarket intercooler, intake and tune on the 2.3L. Over 300Hp and 400lb-ft torque on the Ranger with just those mods. Part of the reason they didn’t go bigger I suspect is the amount of $$$ that would be required for all of the other parts that would start breaking with much more HP than they’re already providing. The V8’s back then stock had less HP than these turbo engines and you had to replace the driveshaft, axles, transfer cases etc. very soon after upgrading because they would break with the torque under pressure off-road. With all that said, yeah I’m pretty disappointed in not getting the 2.7L with a manual......
Yes but your still stuck with a 4 cylinder or a V6.

How much sense does it make to compare a 2020 4 or V6 to a 1990 V8?

And how is it that V8 torque can break components but a modded turbo V6 doesnt?

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll fully admit I don't care to have the V8 for performance. I think in 90% of situations the 2.7L will outperform the Coyote any day. However, I bet the V8 will last longer than the turbo'd engines will. Which is what I really care about.

I also know, having put a few miles on the new ranger that the 2.3 will be more than capable.

Mostly, I want the V8 purely for the sound. I want to take the doors and top of and just listen to that sweet mechanical noise/exhaust.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes but your still stuck with a V6.

How much sense does it make to compare a 2020 V6 to a 1990 V8?

And now is it that V8 torque can break components but a modded turbo V6 doesnt
Because nowadays a stock V8 is starting with much higher numbers and when you start modding you almost immediately get into the breaking zone. Also true with the twin-turbo V6 and if I was getting that I wouldn’t do much more than a tune on stock drivetrain.

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want the 2.7l and I want the manual. Maybe if I test drive a Ranger I might go with the manual, the ranger has the 2.3 right?
Sponsored