Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco DIY $300 LED Halo Light Bar Project BD0B192A-C4E6-47E2-BB07-75603A8C44D9

Ford Bronco DIY $300 LED Halo Light Bar Project 29D57EF2-C77F-4A55-B7BD-3C84156F4CF6

I wanted a light bar set up with round LEDs that had the retro look, and had an LED halo that would fit with the Bronco LED lights aesthetically when they were on or off. I liked the look of the KC or Hella off road light set ups but didn’t need the high end lighting as this is more of a daily driver than an off-roader.

Overall I am really happy with the output. I still have some wire hiding at the mount to do, and am working on the windshield glare issue at night. I know this is pretty common, so I mounted the lights back as far as I can, but I will still need to figure something out. Open to suggestions.

For my set up, since I have the Aux switches from the factory, I chose to use the switches, but not the pre wired lines. I did this because the halo’s and lights are on separate lines, and I would have had to run another line anyway, so I chose to run my lines from the Aux2 and Aux3 wires at the box across the engine bay, and up the windshield channel on the passenger side to the left mounting bracket.

The windshield channel is pretty deep (it fit the two hot wires and the ground easily) and the only change I would make is to wire them up the driver’s side to avoid the engine bay crossover. But since I already created the wiring harness to go the passenger side (was originally going to use the pre-run wiring) I just stayed with the passenger side orientation.

For the lights, I used four sets of replacement fog-lights/spots for a Harley Electra glide. These were cheap and fit my aesthetic, but literally any light will work. They come pre wired and in waterproof housing with mounting bolt that fits the brackets I ordered. The only thing I had to do was notch a small channel in the back of the brackets with a deburring bit so that the bubble housing would fit. A 1cm by 3-4mm channel will do.

Ford Bronco DIY $300 LED Halo Light Bar Project 76080FAE-DDE0-4393-9ACC-FCCFDAE9446F

Ford Bronco DIY $300 LED Halo Light Bar Project 38DA5DB1-6A95-469F-BD89-104840A46E5B

In case anyone else wants to attempt this, the components are listed out below with amazon links. Feel free to upgrade or downgrade components at your own leisure.

This is the supplies list for this build:

Bar to roof adapter mount ($20):
Off-Road ATV UTV Light Bar Mounts Mounting Bracket Bar Clamp Kits [1"/1.5"/1.75"/2" Inch] [360-Degree] [2 x Stud Size] [Aluminium] [2 Unit] Bull Bar Roll Bar Clamp Roll Cage Clamps Mount For ATV UTV

Light bar tube clamp mounts for lights (2x$22):
Nilight - 90021D 4PCS Mounting Bracket Kit LED Off-Road Light Horizontal Bar Tube Clamp Roof Roll Cage Holder,2 Years Warranty

Roof mounts ($20):
4WDKING Universal Fit Side Mounting Bracket, S5 Single Row Straight or Curve LED Light Bar Brackets

48”x1” Aluminum bar ($22):
4 FT -1" x .050" Wall Aluminum Tubing 6063 Alloy T-6 Temper

1” bar caps ($8):
Prescott Plastics 1" (25.4 mm) Round Vinyl End Cap, Black Rubber Cover for Metal Tubing, Fences, Glide Protection for Chairs and Furniture (20 Pack)

4.5” LED Halo lights (4x$33, currently out of stock, but there are similar ones):
VOSICKY 4.5 inch Housing Bucket with 4.5 inch Fog Light DRL Auxiliary Halo Spot Passing Light Lamp for Harley Touring Electra Glide(Black)

Weatherproof connectors ($13):
Nilight - 50020R 2Pin Way 16AWG Waterproof Wire 1.5mm Series Terminal Connector-10 Pack,2 Years Warranty

Micro2 Fuse Tap $11 (if you DO NOT have Aux wiring, will require a switch as well):
Recoil 10 Pack 12V Car Add-a-Circuit Fuse Tap Adapter ACZ Blade Fuse/Micro 2 Fuse with 10pcs 10A and 20A Fuses

Additional supplies:
  • 16GA electrical wiring
  • Heat shrink tubing
  • Electrical tape
  • Upgraded screws
  • Nylon nuts and washers
Would love to see what others have done. Good luck!
Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Very nice!
Can you post a close up pic of the windshield mount?

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco DIY $300 LED Halo Light Bar Project 38DA5DB1-6A95-469F-BD89-104840A46E5B

I wanted a light bar set up with round LEDs that had the retro look, and had an LED halo that would fit with the Bronco LED lights aesthetically when they were on or off. I liked the look of the KC or Hella off road light set ups but didn’t need the high end lighting as this is more of a daily driver than an off-roader.

Overall I am really happy with the output. I still have some wire hiding at the mount to do, and am working on the windshield glare issue at night. I know this is pretty common, so I mounted the lights back as far as I can, but I will still need to figure something out. Open to suggestions.

For my set up, since I have the Aux switches from the factory, I chose to use the switches, but not the pre wired lines. I did this because the halo’s and lights are on separate lines, and I would have had to run another line anyway, so I chose to run my lines from the Aux2 and Aux3 wires at the box across the engine bay, and up the windshield channel on the passenger side to the left mounting bracket.

The windshield channel is pretty deep (it fit the two hot wires and the ground easily) and the only change I would make is to wire them up the driver’s side to avoid the engine bay crossover. But since I already created the wiring harness to go the passenger side (was originally going to use the pre-run wiring) I just stayed with the passenger side orientation.

For the lights, I used four sets of replacement fog-lights/spots for a Harley Electra glide. These were cheap and fit my aesthetic, but literally any light will work. They come pre wired and in waterproof housing with mounting bolt that fits the brackets I ordered. The only thing I had to do was notch a small channel in the back of the brackets with a deburring bit so that the bubble housing would fit. A 1cm by 3-4mm channel will do.

In case anyone else wants to attempt this, the components are listed out below with amazon links. Feel free to upgrade or downgrade components at your own leisure.

Off-Road ATV UTV Light Bar Mounts Mounting Bracket Bar Clamp Kits [1"/1.5"/1.75"/2" Inch] [360-Degree] [2 x Stud Size] [Aluminium] [2 Unit] Bull Bar Roll Bar Clamp Roll Cage Clamps Mount For ATV UTV

Nilight - 90021D 4PCS Mounting Bracket Kit LED Off-Road Light Horizontal Bar Tube Clamp Roof Roll Cage Holder,2 Years Warranty

Roof mounts ($20):
4WDKING Universal Fit Side Mounting Bracket, S5 Single Row Straight or Curve LED Light Bar Brackets

1” bar caps ($8):
Prescott Plastics 1" (25.4 mm) Round Vinyl End Cap, Black Rubber Cover for Metal Tubing, Fences, Glide Protection for Chairs and Furniture (20 Pack)

4.5” LED Halo lights (4x$33, currently out of stock, but there are similar ones):
VOSICKY 4.5 inch Housing Bucket with 4.5 inch Fog Light DRL Auxiliary Halo Spot Passing Light Lamp for Harley Touring Electra Glide(Black)

Nilight - 50020R 2Pin Way 16AWG Waterproof Wire 1.5mm Series Terminal Connector-10 Pack,2 Years Warranty

Micro2 Fuse Tap $11 (if you DO NOT have Aux wiring, will require a switch as well):
Recoil 10 Pack 12V Car Add-a-Circuit Fuse Tap Adapter ACZ Blade Fuse/Micro 2 Fuse with 10pcs 10A and 20A Fuses

Additional supplies:
  • 16GA electrical wiring
  • Heat shrink tubing
  • Electrical tape
  • Upgraded screws
  • Nylon nuts and washers
Thats a sweet looking big bend, the tires really set it off! Is it all tires, or did you do some spacers as well? Any lift?
Nice DIY kit, Looking good. They should see you coming!

OP
OP
McBronc

McBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very nice!
Can you post a close up pic of the windshield mount?
Ford Bronco DIY $300 LED Halo Light Bar Project 161B4D93-D113-4137-A58A-EFD6F3A8C710
Ford Bronco DIY $300 LED Halo Light Bar Project 4370CD4D-C194-40CA-BC24-961D7F138AB2

here you go. May upgrade or have better ones fabricated later on. But these are pretty solid.

OP
OP
McBronc

McBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thats a sweet looking big bend, the tires really set it off! Is it all tires, or did you do some spacers as well? Any lift?
Nice DIY kit, Looking good. They should see you coming!
Thanks! 35’s, no lift and 2” spacers.

Sponsored

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks! 35’s, no lift and 2” spacers.
Love the look and thinking of going a similar route with my Big Bend (when it comes). Any specific brand/type of spacers you recommend?

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco DIY $300 LED Halo Light Bar Project 4370CD4D-C194-40CA-BC24-961D7F138AB2

Roof mounts ($20):

1” bar caps ($8):

Additional supplies:
  • 16GA electrical wiring
  • Heat shrink tubing
  • Electrical tape
  • Upgraded screws
  • Nylon nuts and washers
I really like and respect what you did. I think I prefer your take with the Halos on this application
Ford Bronco DIY $300 LED Halo Light Bar Project E2306C23-4D53-44CD-B6FB-0DE7A9A0CE7C

one thing I noticed was how much more compacted these were by contrast.

I might try out your solution, because I not only do I feel like I’ll be waiting forever for ADD to come out with this, but I imagine these lights would somehow cost $4K with their arrangement.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco DIY $300 LED Halo Light Bar Project E2306C23-4D53-44CD-B6FB-0DE7A9A0CE7C

here you go. May upgrade or have better ones fabricated later on. But these are pretty solid.
I haven't been close to a Bronco yet. So no drilling, it just bolted right up?

OP
OP
McBronc

McBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Love the look and thinking of going a similar route with my Big Bend (when it comes). Any specific brand/type of spacers you recommend?
No. I get them off Amazon. I just find the highest rated ones for whatever car I am buying for. Been getting them there for years.

OP
OP
McBronc

McBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

Jtcover

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP
OP
McBronc

McBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Outstanding!

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any idea of the distance between the bolts on the roof? aka the left side to the right on center? Your bar was 48" so maybe 42"?? (Bronco being built next week, otherwise I'd measure myself).

OP
OP
McBronc

McBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any idea of the distance between the bolts on the roof? aka the left side to the right on center? Your bar was 48" so maybe 42"?? (Bronco being built next week, otherwise I'd measure myself).
Yeah it’s about 42 inches
Sponsored