Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You should have asked:

Will the manual be offered with the 2.7L beyond 2021?

Well there you go. Ford will not offer the manual transmission with the 2.7L for the 2021 model year.

That is really unfortunate.

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 2.57.02 PM.png

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because nowadays a stock V8 is starting with much higher numbers and when you start modding you almost immediately get into the breaking zone. Also true with the twin-turbo V6 and if I was getting that I wouldn’t do much more than a tune on stock drivetrain.
There are no shortage of 1,000-1,200 HP LS V8 engines. A V8 isn’t near breaking zone by any means at 400-500HP.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are no shortage of 1,000-1,200 HP LS V8 engines. A V8 isn’t near breaking zone by any means at 400-500HP.
Stock drivetrain, which is what I was referring to, will give out way before the block.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Stock drivetrain, which is what I was referring to, will give out way before the block.
Wouldn’t you rather start near the top of your stock drivetrain capability? Then instead of upgrading engine and drivetrain your just upgrading drivetrain.

Sponsored

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll fully admit I don't care to have the V8 for performance. I think in 90% of situations the 2.7L will outperform the Coyote any day. However, I bet the V8 will last longer than the turbo'd engines will. Which is what I really care about.

I also know, having put a few miles on the new ranger that the 2.3 will be more than capable.

Mostly, I want the V8 purely for the sound. I want to take the doors and top of and just listen to that sweet mechanical noise/exhaust.
The sound may be one of the biggest issues for me. I know it is silly, but I currently have a 2016 Challenger Hellcat, and in the past I've had a Challenger with the 5.7 Hemi with an aftermarket exhaust and two different Corvettes (C5 and a C6) with aftermarket exhausts.

I'm all in on this Bronco. Love it, but coming from what my car sounds like when it fires up now to when I crank that 2.3...Yikes...

yankee hat with no brim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll fully admit I don't care to have the V8 for performance. I think in 90% of situations the 2.7L will outperform the Coyote any day. However, I bet the V8 will last longer than the turbo'd engines will. Which is what I really care about.

I also know, having put a few miles on the new ranger that the 2.3 will be more than capable.

Mostly, I want the V8 purely for the sound. I want to take the doors and top of and just listen to that sweet mechanical noise/exhaust.
isn't there some kind of exhaust package that can give you the sound of a bigger, stronger engine?

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you kidding me, I about want to have a heart attack over $30k 4 cylinder. At $45+ there has better be a V8 to make it worthwhile.
Then make sure you have 911 on speed dial if you look at the Porsche website.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
isn't there some kind of exhaust package that can give you the sound of a bigger, stronger engine?
Man has solved a lot of incredible problems in our day, but no engineer has ever found a way to make a four cylinder engine sound like a V-8. :)

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST, 2013 Jeep JKU, 1979 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you go on a Borla's website for instance they have some exhausts for the Ranger but it just does not sound good. That's not where I would put my money into this car. Still sounds like a fart can.

Only so much those aftermarket companies can do when you are missing 4 cylinders.

Sponsored

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn’t you rather start near the top of your stock drivetrain capability? Then instead of upgrading engine and drivetrain your just upgrading drivetrain.
Yes absolutely. I can’t believe they’re not offering the 2.7 w/ manual or the coyote at all. From an efficiency And price standpoint I understand it I suppose...... but still to not have them as options is very unexpected. I’m very impatient though and will upgrade the 2.3 as much as I can and keep the warranty. Once the warranty is gone everything is fair game at that point!

yankee hat with no brim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you go on a Borla's website for instance they have some exhausts for the Ranger but it just does not sound good. That's not where I would put my money into this car. Still sounds like a fart can.

Only so much those aftermarket companies can do when you are missing 4 cylinders.
It has to sound better than the stock version, doesn't it?

Performance doesn't mean performance?

And what about if you replaced on the 6 instead of the 4. That gets you closer as well.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has to sound better than the stock version, doesn't it?

Performance doesn't mean performance?

And what about if you replaced on the 6 instead of the 4. That gets you closer as well.
Yeah, so same thing, if you go listen to clips on Borla's YouTube channel of the F-150 with the 2.7 v6 in it you'll hear that it definitely sounds WAY better than the 2.3 turbo 4. Not a V-8 rumble but you can make a v6, even a smaller one, sound pretty good. You can at least give it a raspy, sporty sound that doesn't sound like a Honda Civic someone hacksawed the exhaust on in the backyard.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, so same thing, if you go listen to clips on Borla's YouTube channel of the F-150 with the 2.7 v6 in it you'll hear that it definitely sounds WAY better than the 2.3 turbo 4. Not a V-8 rumble but you can make a v6, even a smaller one, sound pretty good. You can at least give it a raspy, sporty sound that doesn't sound like a Honda Civic someone hacksawed the exhaust on in the backyard.
I know a lot of people like the 6s in the Alfa Romeo but honestly the best sounding 6 I’ve ever heard was a 60V6 OHV GM engine it had a nice rumbling almost cammed sound. As far as sound is concerned I’ve driven V8s since I was 15 and I don’t see that changing anytime in my life.

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base

I like my engines with room to spare. High revving 4 cycl just make me worried about wear and tear more than a v6 or v8 that I never have to push anywhere close to its limits
Sponsored