Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d pay at least an extra 5k to get the “one off” interior that was on the cyber orange
lol, I want that interior but not sure I'd pay 5k. If I did pay 5k I'd be pretty pissed.
Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

lol, I want that interior but not sure I'd pay 5k. If I did pay 5k I'd be pretty pissed.
I think I'd legitimately pay $5k to be able to have Shadow Black or Carbonized Gray exterior and black or black/gray interior on my FE. Hell, maybe 10. I dunno.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Matt, I want carbonized gray as well :(
I could go with that option. My FX4 has a black interior and I love it. A carbonized grey could modernize that basic look and go with any of the colors they are offering us.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

And we're arriving at acceptance. This thread is 28 pages of validation for the Kubler-Ross stages of grief.
Acceptance or surrender? :p

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think I'd legitimately pay $5k to be able to have Shadow Black or Carbonized Gray exterior and black or black/gray interior on my FE. Hell, maybe 10. I dunno.
I will pay up to $2K since I already have a quote for custom leather that is not much more than that,

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Pretty much sold on a Badlands at this point. The vehicle itself was designed great but the interior people dropped the ball for all trims pretty much.
I keep thinking I'd accept Navy Pier if I could get an outside color to match. But why am I keep making compromises and mental-gymnastics at a $60k price point?? Especially if all I'm going to miss are some decals and badges as the difference between a fully-loaded Badlands and a First Edition.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that these are the only differences between the two, right?
  • First Edition has removable carpet. Badlands does not.
  • First Edition has unique hood/side graphics. Badlands does not.
  • First Edition will have a unique boot screen?
  • Everything else First Edition has standard that the Badlands does not is optional/upgradable to match the First Edition, right? Including Leather-Trimmed Seats, Sasquatch Package, etc etc.
  • And if the above bullet is true, we then get to choose between several different interiors AND have all exterior color options, yes?

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep thinking I'd accept Navy Pier if I could get an outside color to match. But why am I keep making compromises and mental-gymnastics at a $60k price point?? Especially if all I'm going to miss are some decals and badges as the difference between a fully-loaded Badlands and a First Edition.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that these are the only differences between the two, right?
  • Everything else First Edition has standard that the Badlands does not is optional/upgradable to match the First Edition, right? Including Leather-Trimmed Seats, Sasquatch Package, etc etc.
  • And if the above bullet is true, we then get to choose between several different interiors AND have all exterior color options, yes?
I reserved Badlands because like I said previously Canada didn’t have an option to reserve the First Edition.

however, you mention several interior options on the badlands...I thought I’m locked into the Cactus Gray/Black interior...are you saying I have other options?

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I reserved Badlands because like I said previously Canada didn’t have an option to reserve the First Edition.

however, you mention several interior options on the badlands...I thought I’m locked into the Cactus Gray/Black interior...are you saying I have other options?
I'm not fully educated on the Badlands. At least not to the extent of the First Edition. I researched the hell out of the FE because that's what I reserved. I just didn't do it until AFTER I reserved it. Hence why I have so much disappointment after the fact.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Your not locked into exterior or interior colors until you order. The Badlands give you multiple color and material choices. The FE is only model that doesn't offer interior choices, just Navy Pier. But hopefully that might change if ford listens ?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I woke up this morning and went surfing on the Ford website. Came across this pic under Bronco Sport. I believe the Navy Pier would be acceptable on the Area 51 and might be able to pull it off on the Cactus Grey. But really think it's to much of a clash with Cyber Orange and Rapid Red. I would love to talk to the guys and gals at Ford to see what their thoughts were on making this descion. Only thing I can come up with, it was a Friday afternnoon decision that was suposed to be revisited on the following Monday. Unfortunately someone dropped the ball and forgot to revisit on Monday.
Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Will Have Navy Pier Interior Option Only 21_FD_BRO_889_89N (3)

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I woke up this morning and went surfing on the Ford website. Came across this pic under Bronco Sport. I believe the Navy Pier would be acceptable on the Area 51 and might be able to pull it off on the Cactus Grey. But really think it's to much of a clash with Cyber Orange and Rapid Red. I would love to talk to the guys and gals at Ford to see what their thoughts were on making this descion. Only thing I can come up with, it was a Friday afternnoon decision that was suposed to be revisited on the following Monday. Unfortunately someone dropped the ball and forgot to revisit on Monday.
Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Will Have Navy Pier Interior Option Only 21_FD_BRO_889_89N (3)
I feel for you guys. I like blue, this is obvious due to my GT350R color choice. I look at this navy pier and think it’s not terrible, I could get use to it. But then I think about waking up to it every day and seeing pastel blue and how I’d feel driving that and I just wouldn’t want it. Maybe these pics aren’t good representations of it but no matter what hue of blue it is, I don’t want blue in my interior.

the vinyl should AT LEAST be an option for you guys. Makes zero sense to me. If ford wants to lock interior choices they should AT LEAST give a vinyl option as well....

Spudly

First Edition
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Gladiator Overland, RX350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just wow. @Ford may have lost my FE preorder and maybe my business. Seeing a disturbing trend of #jv product decisions they’ve made like limited and imo unattractive FE exterior color options, 110# roof rack (shouldn’t have to buy aftermarket they should KNOW their market), 3500lbs tow (same as previous), 4 door floor AC vents, skimping on hp, etc...

Leveraging an Iconic brand only get you so far if you screw up your product strategy and execution falls flat.

Number of preorders means jack if they don’t convert to an order!

edited... typo

Last edited:

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just wow. @Ford may have lost my FE preorder and maybe my business. Seeing a disturbing trend of #jv product decisions they’ve made like limited and imo unattractive FE exterior color options, 110# roof rack (shouldn’t have to buy aftermarke (they should kKNOW their market;, 3500lbs tow (same as previous), 4 door floor AC vents, skimping on hp, etc...
i want carbonized grey!!!!!
Sponsored