Ford Badlands Trademark Hints At New Off-Road Packages

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Toyota Tacoma
Hey Ford, not to pick on you but perhaps a little more effort into delivering an actual, real off-road vehicle on a showroom sales floor before I die and a little less time brainstorming cool names for fictional vehicles you cannot build would do you well.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
And it's damn irritating where the real deal. This thing is turning into another GT500 deal long and drawn out
Hey Ford, not to pick on you but perhaps a little more effort into delivering an actual, real off-road vehicle on a showroom sales floor before I die and a little less time brainstorming cool names for fictional vehicles you cannot build would do you well.
It's coming in late 2020/ early 2021 and will be revealed early next year. We have known this for a while.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at them all together gives the general impression that they are aimed at off road ruggedness and adventure capability.

Maverick

Scout

Tremor

Badlands

Which vehicle they're intended for, or if its a trim, special edition, package, or model ... who knows.

Sponsored

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
All about PR and focus group response. I’m beginning to think actual off road capability is not at the top of the list.

DonovanJM

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, 2014 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's coming in late 2020/ early 2021 and will be revealed early next year. We have known this for a while.
It's no use. I think he's just here to complain about Ford taking so long and let everyone know how crappy he thinks it's going to be.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"The all-new Ford Bronco is expected to launch for the 2021 model year. The model will have midsize SUV dimensions and will be focused on conquering non-paved roads, thereby becoming a direct competitor to the Jeep Wrangler. The new Bronco will be loosely based on the current Ford Ranger T6, but with many changes and modifications that make it its own model."

I'd say Wranglers do more than "conquer unpaved roads". The ability to successfully navigate an unpaved road does not make it a direct competitor to Wrangler. My girlfriend has an Explorer that has conquered many unpaved roads, yet I wouldn't consider it a challenge to any Wrangler unless they removed the tires from the Jeep.

If "loosely based on the current Ranger T6" means pioneering the next-gen midsize body-on-frame truck platform, which may or may not be named T6, I guess so...

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"The all-new Ford Bronco is expected to launch for the 2021 model year. The model will have midsize SUV dimensions and will be focused on conquering non-paved roads, thereby becoming a direct competitor to the Jeep Wrangler. The new Bronco will be loosely based on the current Ford Ranger T6, but with many changes and modifications that make it its own model."

I'd say Wranglers do more than "conquer unpaved roads". The ability to successfully navigate an unpaved road does not make it a direct competitor to Wrangler. My girlfriend has an Explorer that has conquered many unpaved roads, yet I wouldn't consider it a challenge to any Wrangler unless they removed the tires from the Jeep.

If "loosely based on the current Ranger T6" means pioneering the next-gen midsize body-on-frame truck platform, which may or may not be named T6, I guess so...
T6 represents ranger, both new and old. The Bronco when launched will be on an all new ranger platform. This will still be nicknamed T6, its not exactly the same as the vehicle code which changes with new platform launches.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not really sure how Ranger gains ownership of a new chassis if the Bronco is built on it first. They will be on a shared platform, at best. Since the Bronco will roll out with it before the Ranger does, some would say that makes it the Bronco's chassis.
Sponsored