Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The ranger with the same 2.3l engine has a 3500lb tow capacity that increases to 7500lbs with the tow package. And being that the 3500lbs is exactly the same across the board for the bronco(regardless of engine/transmission, 2-door/4-door) I’m def hoping/thinking the tow package will increase that. I mean the engines and transmission can def handle it, the 2.3 tows 7500lbs in the ranger, the 2.7 tows 9000lbs in the f150. The tow package is actually my last hope for getting a bronco, if it doesn’t increase the tow cap I won’t be buying a bronco.
That was a huge disappointment for me too, and my wife may kibosh my purchase on that alone. It is suspicious that no differences in wheelbase or drivetrain or suspension change the tow rating, so I am also still holding out hope.
Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That was a huge disappointment for me too, and my wife may kibosh my purchase on that alone. It is suspicious that no differences in wheelbase or drivetrain or suspension change the tow rating, so I am also still holding out hope.
same here.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks like a class 3 hitch???
Agreed, looks like 2" receiver, so it would be a class 3 at minimum, and 3500-6000 pound range (for class 3). So if Ford is limiting it to 3500#, it must be because of suspension?
Really hoping for more capacity, holding off on buying a camper and/or Tri-toon until I see final numbers on tow package.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the suspension trickery this thing has, the drive line, gear ratios... there's absolutely no reason you can't pull 5k with it. Even if they leave the rating at 3500lbs. My only concern would be the hitch itself. But, two 1/4" thick plates, welded to the hitch, that followed the crossmember, and bolted between the tow hooks and frame, would fix that concern.
Or of course, an aftermarket bumper with integrated 2 inch receiver could be made stout enough to pull 6k relatively easy.

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much weight you can pull is one thing, how much weight you can safely tow is another. The Bronco has a shorter wheelbase than the Ranger, it's not as wide, has a softer rear suspension, and has more weight in the rear already since it doesnt have a bed. All of that affects stability and is why you won't see similar tow numbers between a Ranger and a Bronco.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have the Max Tow Package on my F150, if I had to guess it will be available with the A10 and the separate tow modes with integrated brake controller or at least I hope since the picks floating around has the 7/13 pin hookups

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed, looks like 2" receiver, so it would be a class 3 at minimum, and 3500-6000 pound range (for class 3). So if Ford is limiting it to 3500#, it must be because of suspension?
Really hoping for more capacity, holding off on buying a camper and/or Tri-toon until I see final numbers on tow package.
in a few years when the kids are a bit older, we are looking at getting an airstream or something similar. i thought the towing was at 5000lbs and saw a couple models in the 4000lbs range that would be perfect. with 3500lbs it really drops things down and makes a 2 week trip a big claustrophobic in a small camper.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing that adds up is suspension. I really don't get it if thats the case. Something like Foxes Live Wire system would have went Great with the GOAT you could have flipped it to Tow Suspension would have went stiff, sway control activated, along with all the engine and transmission changes. I get the must have V6 and auto and coolers. They could have made a ton of $$$ with this as a towing Package. Most want to be able to pull a family camper, set of SXSs stuff like that. Live Wire would have worked great with all the other setting in GOAT also. To me this is an area it will be easy for Jeep to Cap on if the Bronco Towing Package doesn't up the towing capacity. I'm really not trying to hate. Just really don't see how they come up with 3500 max. When the competitor has been using 3500 for years and you started from scratch and had everything at your fingertips to use.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Ford website is now showing all standard equipment, options, packages, and full specs.
Sad to say they are calling it a Class II hitch and a max of 3,500lb towing for all models and door configurations.
And the Base model is not showing an option for a tow package at all.
We’ll have to wait and see the full accessories when the “build” part of their website is up next month.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bronco is replacing my Toyota FJ cruiser. It has 5000# towing capacity stock. Length is 183.9" Bronco 4 door is 189.4. I had hoped to get a 2 door, but I would consider getting the Bronco 4 door if I could get #5000 towing capacity. That sure has come in handy over the years.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is this the stock setup or the towing upgrade?
I am wondering if Stock has no receiver or wiring, and the Tow Package adds the 2" receiver with the 4/7 pin plugs...

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But in general, if you're not doing the Ike Gauntlet in the middle of July, you'll probably be fine.
And if we would be? 90% of my trips run the gauntlet. Obviously not a problem with my current f150 3.5EB as it doesn't skip a bit but the wife's grand Cherokee 3.6 (tow rating of 6200lbs and what would be replaced by the 4dr Bronco Badlands) struggles towing the 3400lb low center of gravity offload camper.

Here is the scenario Im heavily considering at the moment, but it's going to come down to if Ford increases that 3500lbs tow rating, even to 5k would be ok, because I want both vehicles to be able to tow the camper so we're not always leaving the Bronco behind:
Step 1 - replace my loaded '17 f150 with a loaded '21 Gladiator Rubicon and the 3.0 ecodiesel
Step 2 - replace the wife's '18 GC Trailhawk w/ the 4dr Badlands Sasquatch 2.7