First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLS 63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Come on. Please tell me someone out there in B6G land is making progress on this! Im sick of coming back to the thread and letting out a huge sigh 😅
Sponsored

abs

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Come on. Please tell me someone out there in B6G land is making progress on this! Im sick of coming back to the thread and letting out a huge sigh 😅

ok so update:

- got my dealer to give me $1k in cash and $1k in parts
- got my dealer to get me a 2022 with a prioritized build date over other people (approved by ford)
- dealer will swap me into the 2022 for free

OP
OP

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford Bronco / 2021 FE bronco / 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That is something. I have a first edition. Maybe they will do the raptor version for me. I spoke to the care line to no avail yesterday.

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I sent Ford the part# for the airbag and told them my dealer had one. I also said I would put it in.... Not heard back yet

gjackson

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone know how many of us are stuck at the dealer. I know 553 airbag recalls but how many of those are stuck in limbo now?

Sponsored

KareBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda CX-5, 2020 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ok so update:

- got my dealer to give me $1k in cash and $1k in parts
- got my dealer to get me a 2022 with a prioritized build date over other people (approved by ford)
- dealer will swap me into the 2022 for free
Wow! How did you manage that, and will you come talk to my dealer? It would probably be worth the plane tickets :LOL:

abs

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! How did you manage that, and will you come talk to my dealer? It would probably be worth the plane tickets :LOL:
i mean, it's absurd and ford should pay for how poorly this has been managed. i don't care what the supply and demand are for these vehicles, it doesn't matter.

dealers are held to a standard where they receive the same or higher volume for selling vehicles to the people who actually order them. i don't want to punish the dealer, but it incentivizes them to provide better service no matter what it takes...people should refuse to be treated like this.

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know how many of us are stuck at the dealer. I know 553 airbag recalls but how many of those are stuck in limbo now?
Given the date range for those affected, mine included, I’m betting that all or nearly all are sitting there. Mine was built 8/4 and finally shipping from DM in October. Hit my dealership on 10/21, but the recall went into affect during transit and the stop-sale halted it, and there it still sits with not a single person @Ford Motor Company willing to provide a straightforward answer about when it will be fixed. I’ve never even see. The letter that was supposed to be officially mailed out between 11/15-11/19, so @Ford Motor Company is lying there and couldn’t even manage to send a letter out in time.

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, seriously! How’d you manage this deal?

abs

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That is something. I have a first edition. Maybe they will do the raptor version for me. I spoke to the care line to no avail yesterday.
I have an FE currently sitting on Dirt Mountain (8/16 In Production) but the Ford website doesn’t show any recalls or TSBs for my VIN. Does yours?

There has to be something else going on with my Bronco. I just can’t get any answers from Ford.

OP
OP

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford Bronco / 2021 FE bronco / 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have an FE currently sitting on Dirt Mountain (8/16 In Production) but the Ford website doesn’t show any recalls or TSBs for my VIN. Does yours?

There has to be something else going on with my Bronco. I just can’t get any answers from Ford.
Yes mine showed a recall for the airbag. I knew it had the issue before it arrived at the dealership. I cannot remember if it had the recall listed when it was sitting up at Dirt Mountain for the couple months it was there. But certainly had it listed when it was in transit to the dealership.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only 10 of 553 bad airbag builds have been accounted for on B6G. All of them have shipped out but mine and @Bronco_Lover 's.

Bronco_Lover

Big Bend
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Only 10 of 553 bad airbag builds have been accounted for on B6G. All of them have shipped out but mine and @Bronco_Lover 's.
And if it is taking this long past the roof and awaiting shipment, Ford should just replace the airbag while it is there at MAP.

KareBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda CX-5, 2020 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And if it is taking this long past the roof and awaiting shipment, Ford should just replace the airbag while it is there at MAP.
But that would make sense, so they aren't likely to do it :rolleyes:. Mine didn't make it off DM until 11/21, yet they still shipped it to the dealership without replacing the airbag. At that point, why send it at all? I'm living in fear that they'll raise the interest rates while our vehicles are lingering in limbo.
Sponsored