Sponsored

Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins)

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The digital mirror works great at night too! I was worried that it wouldn’t. It has ”night mode“ settings which, in my drive last night, showed clear video without the screen being too bright. On the first day, I thought the front camera was no good while the rear camera was fantastic. Turns out that the protective film had not yet been removed on the front camera lens. 😂. Took that off and now have clear video out of the front and back. Playback of videos is easy right on the mirror, or you can take the SD card out and watch on computer. Maybe a future version will allow you to download to your phone via bluetooth - that would be cool. My final verdict is that it’s a great product and I’m very happy with purchase and installation. Recommended!
AA982C83-5A62-4B22-9A5E-22EE7475AB67.jpeg
EF0D2555-2F22-4692-827D-86B524A156C6.jpeg
2D69609D-76EA-4194-B6D6-38F7BB554CA7.jpeg
I wonder if there's a way to tap into Ford's cameras for this setup? That would actually be kind of cool.
Sponsored

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where did they place the rear camera? Can you see any wiring?

OP
OP
Packman

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Where did they place the rear camera? Can you see any wiring?
No, I don’t see any wiring. It’s all under panels and joins the wiring to the tailgate. The camera peeks through the spare tire.
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) 7F8D27F4-51F6-4B6B-B096-744F5043E4A4

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hmm, very interesting, especially how the rear cam is mounted. Not a fan of rear cam hanging somewhere in the cabin or on the back window, but this setup I might have to consider. A bit pricy, but might be worth it. Thanks for posting!

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry in advance for resurrecting your thread, as well as badgering your with more questions.

I wanted a front and rear camera for my Bronco, but have overall felt meh about my options. The fact that this one is very integrated/hidden, as well as the added benefit of the mirror makes this an A+ for me.

In terms of a dash/rear/security camera, would you recommend it? If so, above a traditional dash/security camera? The fact it detects impact and whatnot is nice, but I'm also curious if it records while parked for theft or parking lot impact bullshit and whatnot.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Packman

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry in advance for resurrecting your thread, as well as badgering your with more questions.

I wanted a front and rear camera for my Bronco, but have overall felt meh about my options. The fact that this one is very integrated/hidden, as well as the added benefit of the mirror makes this an A+ for me.

In terms of a dash/rear/security camera, would you recommend it? If so, above a traditional dash/security camera? The fact it detects impact and whatnot is nice, but I'm also curious if it records while parked for theft or parking lot impact bullshit and whatnot.
I love the questions… keep ‘em coming! I was interested in this mirror for the same reason… I wanted a dash cam but didn’t want one sticking on my window or on my dash that might be an easy target to steal. The front facing camera is part of the mirror itself and very discreet. It does record for 1 minute each incident while parked if it senses motion. This is my first dashcam, so I can’t really compare it to others. The only thing I wish it did differently is the ability to stream the video and pictures to my phone via bluetooth instead of just recording on the micro SD.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I love the questions… keep ‘em coming! I was interested in this mirror for the same reason… I wanted a dash cam but didn’t want one sticking on my window or on my dash that might be an easy target to steal. The front facing camera is part of the mirror itself and very discreet. It does record for 1 minute each incident while parked if it senses motion. This is my first dashcam, so I can’t really compare it to others. The only thing I wish it did differently is the ability to stream the video and pictures to my phone via bluetooth instead of just recording on the micro SD.
This would also be my first dashcam. Made the mistake of doing research on them and now I get ads for every dashcam ever made and it's hard to differentiate between what I want, what I need, and what's just marketing nonsense.

In terms of sensing motion while parked, what does that entail? Someone walking by/too close? Or does it need to be impact-related?

Thanks for taking the time for me. I think I'll be going this route.

OP
OP
Packman

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This would also be my first dashcam. Made the mistake of doing research on them and now I get ads for every dashcam ever made and it's hard to differentiate between what I want, what I need, and what's just marketing nonsense.

In terms of sensing motion while parked, what does that entail? Someone walking by/too close? Or does it need to be impact-related?

Thanks for taking the time for me. I think I'll be going this route.
I believe the truck has to be “bumped.” “When G-Sensor feels shock, it will automatically lock the recording.” If you don’t turn it off first, you’ll get a lot of videos when you wash your Bronco 😂
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) AECC21D6-2E7F-4E3F-9A21-9A19B9C82A76

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the truck has to be “bumped.” “When G-Sensor feels shock, it will automatically lock the recording.” If you don’t turn it off first, you’ll get a lot of videos when you wash your Bronco 😂
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) AECC21D6-2E7F-4E3F-9A21-9A19B9C82A76
I'd be interested to see how this works in heavy wind conditions. I park my car outside often for work and worry that I'd be getting pinged all the time due to heavy wind.

OP
OP
Packman

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'd be interested to see how this works in heavy wind conditions. I park my car outside often for work and worry that I'd be getting pinged all the time due to heavy wind.
No worries there - it won’t “ping” you. It’ll just save a bunch of little videos on the sd card until you erase them.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No worries there - it won’t “ping” you. It’ll just save a bunch of little videos on the sd card until you erase them.
hmmm so if I’m understanding this correctly in order to know the car has been tampered with or bumped I need to take the card from the mirror and load it on the computer?

OP
OP
Packman

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

hmmm so if I’m understanding this correctly in order to know the car has been tampered with or bumped I need to take the card from the mirror and load it on the computer?
No, you can view videos from/in the mirror itself. And see any photos you take out of the front or rear cameras too. I think you can set the FordPass app to notify you if you get bumped though.

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, I don’t see any wiring. It’s all under panels and joins the wiring to the tailgate. The camera peeks through the spare tire.
How large is the camera? I have the Black Diamond with the OEM steel wheels. The round holes in the wheels are about 1-1/8" in diameter. Concerned that this won't work without modification on my setup... Thanks.

jayson1980

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Bronco; 2017 Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks