Base

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah she claimed I intentionally hit her and sped up when I was getting close. Cop didn’t believe her for a second but it’s good to have proof.
Uh people don’t take responsibility anymore these days. Accidents happen. Glad you had the dash cam. What setup were you running?

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not fixable?

ragingclue

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LWN ZR2, NA8, Bricks
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah she claimed I intentionally hit her and sped up when I was getting close. Cop didn’t believe her for a second but it’s good to have proof.
I understand the whole idea of never admitting fault at the behest of your insurance company, but the crap some people make up makes my blood boil. I don’t know how well I’d handle that if some a-hole tried to claim something like that with me. I also watch a lot of those dash cam compilations. I’ve been meaning to get one for years now, had one in 2013 or so and it was a POS and broke... but it was more of a GoPro knock off being used as a dash cam.

Glad you’re ok though.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Uh people don’t take responsibility anymore these days. Accidents happen. Glad you had the dash cam. What setup were you running?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M592J9C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_e3xjFb6VAPHCA

This one! The reason it’s blue tinged video is I never took off the protective film lol. Srill
Not fixable?
Adjuster hasn’t gotten out there yet. Another guy in a JK had what looks like the exact same crash and he said the frame was bent and they totaled it. If they don’t want to I’m going to fight for it, I have zero interest in trying to sell it in less than a year with an accident on the record. Also I don’t trust that it’s going to drive like it did unless they replace the entire front suspension.

here’s the similar crash:
Ford Bronco Just crashed my jeep 63967D4F-0B4F-45C1-838C-B09707790535

I understand the whole idea of never admitting fault at the behest of your insurance company, but the crap some people make up makes my blood boil. I don’t know how well I’d handle that if some a-hole tried to claim something like that with me. I also watch a lot of those dash cam compilations. I’ve been meaning to get one for years now, had one in 2013 or so and it was a POS and broke... but it was more of a GoPro knock off being used as a dash cam.

Glad you’re ok though.
Yeah she was an old lady and trying to play the victim card. I didn’t get mad I just refused to speak with her, the only thing I asked her was “do you have insurance” and she scoffed and said “Do YOU have insurance” lmao.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know this is a car forum but I really never understood the mentality of bashing a competitor’s offering especially if unsolicited. Let the car mags run their comparison tests and publish their results. The success of the wrangler allowed the Bronco to become a reality. If they were only selling 25k wranglers a year. The Bronco would have never been approved for re-introduction.

I have a JL Rubicon and I love it. I am even more excited about the upcoming Bronco but I am glad both will exist. Healthy competition benefits us all.

The less time I worry/bash others, the more time I can focus on what I enjoy. I am sure I have done it myself so I am not pure as well. Just need to keep reminding myself of that fact.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know this is a car forum but I really never understood the mentality of bashing a competitor’s offering especially if unsolicited. Let the car mags run their comparison tests and publish their results. The success of the wrangler allowed the Bronco to become a reality. If they were only selling 25k wranglers a year. The Bronco would have never been approved for re-introduction.

I have a JL Rubicon and I love it. I am even more excited about the upcoming Bronco but I am glad both will exist. Healthy competition benefits us all.

The less time I worry/bash others, the more time I can focus on what I enjoy. I am sure I have done it myself so I am not pure as well. Just need to keep reminding myself of that fact.
Eh a little wrangler bashing is ok. Just friendly competition ?

I remember at some point we did a poll here and I feel like around half of us are either current or former Jeep owners. Hell, Jeep owners themselves can be pretty self-depreciating lol.

Sponsored

ragingclue

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LWN ZR2, NA8, Bricks
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
...the only thing I asked her was “do you have insurance” and she scoffed and said “Do YOU have insurance” lmao.
Man, talk about an "ok, boomer" moment....

I'm still trying to figure out what she was thinking by clearing the intersection so slowly... That's just nutty. I mean, where's her sense of self-preservation??

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man, talk about an "ok, boomer" moment....

I'm still trying to figure out what she was thinking by clearing the intersection so slowly... That's just nutty. I mean, where's her sense of self-preservation??
I have no idea. We all make mistakes I guess.

Also funny enough she wasn’t a boomer. Born in like 41 or 42.

ragingclue

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LWN ZR2, NA8, Bricks
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have no idea. We all make mistakes I guess.

Also funny enough she wasn’t a boomer. Born in like 41 or 42.
Fair enough. And yeah I think very few people who get "ok boomer"d are actually boomers (I don't really get into the intergenerational wars but it's funny to rile people up by tossing a "boomer" or "millennial" label at them, mostly in good natured ribbing context). Hopefully she doesn't do that too often, those sorts of accidents can be pretty nasty.

Ponderess

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah I got hit by a dirt bike on Monday and the wait for the bronco is even more irritating

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the bashing is all in good fun though. Like sibling rivalry. I wouldn't take it too seriously.
Sponsored