toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m voting with fomoco as $500 being a minimum but could easily be more. White top will be very in demand - color top not even an option on base. Your competition is going to be body shop paint pricing and we don’t know what painting that molded in gray color hardtop entails - could be difficult. If I’m a buyer, I’d pay a premium for the Ford paint shop white over a local shop.

Value will also be dependent on where you live -- location = demand. Higher in Southern CA, lower in N Dakota.

You could potentially have quite a high value item. Of course you have effectively paid a lot of money for it by opting for a trim where it is included — no reason not to maximize what you get out of the trade.
Sponsored

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I called my local body shop and asked what it would cost to paint a new 2dr jeep top from black to gloss white. He quoted me $500-$600.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I called my local body shop and asked what it would cost to paint a new 2dr jeep top from black to gloss white. He quoted me $500-$600.
Does Jeep's top have a texture to it? I'm wondering if that price takes into account the texture?

My plan is to get a white top. With velocity blue
Copy Cat! lol

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The problem is Ford will probably upcharge you for a body color painted Hardtop. On Jeep Wrangler they charge $1000 extra to go body color hardtop over a plain black one. I'm pretty sure Ford will be doing the same.
I was just going to say that Dave. I'm sure Ford will follow Jeep, and make any colored top a singular option at extra cost.

OP
OP

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for all the replies guys! I'm hoping they make white top just available across the board so people don't have to run this route, I would rather everyone get what they want personally without going this route. But I'm between white & cactus grey color and was just thinking I could make a little extra money and hook one of you up if I decided on the white option. IMO I would also agree with an earlier comment that factory white would be better than some random paint shop as well.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, I’m going white top with cactus grey, if I can. I don’t like the white door handles, and trim pieces though.

ideally, itwould be cactus grey, white top, white grill, and black trim.
Sponsored