Sponsored

August 1st + No Build and Price = Apocalypse?

Will you lose your mind and start a rant thread if Build and Price isn't up the first day in August?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The reveal was for Bronco and Bronco Sport, the Bronco Sport has build and price up today, no? (it does).

Why does everyone seem to assume they meant the Bronco instead of the Sport in the reveal? I expect Fall is about right, sometime in early October for the Bronco B&P. They seem to be building a sub-brand instead of models, so it would be expected for them to conflate the two in their marketing (and that CG 'reveal' was nothing but marketing)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Squatch

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The reveal was for Bronco and Bronco Sport, the Bronco Sport has build and price up today, no? (it does).

Why does everyone seem to assume they meant the Bronco instead of the Sport in the reveal? I expect Fall is about right, sometime in early October for the Bronco B&P. They seem to be building a sub-brand instead of models, so it would be expected for them to conflate the two in their marketing (and that CG 'reveal' was nothing but marketing)
It was Mr Levine, I believe but a genuine Ford source, who said August for the real Bronco. The Bronco Sport has had its Build and Price up for a while.

That "CG 'reveal'" had real prototype vehicles on some real trails I recognized by sight. Please, cast that shade on people who need it.

OP
OP
Squatch

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you clarify what is going on the 7th of this month? I heard a lot of inconclusive info about it. Thanks!
Nope. I wish I could.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure why you can configure the baby bronco but u can’t with big bronco.
I get it that the bronco sport is being produced and sold 1st but both these models went through the design and development process at about the same time...

I love me some Bronco and think it’s gonna be pretty epic ride but Ford has dropped the ball with this.
That being said I am still stoked to build and ultimately buy my Bronco.
The Sport is just a warmed over Escape, thus 98% of the planning ,engineering, tech, procurement , assembly plant and on and on and on and on....was already done.
The Broncobronco has NEVER been built before, will require the Ranger plant to retool as well, not to mention the Ranger had to be redesigned to work with the Bronco platform on top of it all.
So, there's all of that....
Ford has had to do a metric shit ton of work to get this bitch built. There have only been two delays since like 2015, totaling like 5 or 6 months so far. One of which is the Co-vid shitshow. the other was right at the beginning to basically fall back and do a re-design as apparently they were going down the wrong path. (It will be interesting to hear that story)
I'd say they are doing a pretty decent job.

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe the build section this month. Then when Ford sees what kind of demand there is for options, they'll set the prices. From that Twitter Q&A:

Q: How much will the Sasquatch package cost? Also, cost of the v6 and 10 speed transmission?
A: We'll be sharing pricing this fall before ordering begins this December

Fall is not August. It's mid-September through mid-December.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Maybe the build section this month. Then when Ford sees what kind of demand there is for options, they'll set the prices. From that Twitter Q&A:

Q: How much will the Sasquatch package cost? Also, cost of the v6 and 10 speed transmission?
A: We'll be sharing pricing this fall before ordering begins this December

Fall is not August. It's mid-September through mid-December.
Has Ford ever released build and price tool before without the price portion? Lol I don't recall if they ever have and if it would even make much sense.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly don't know what the point would be of knowing the price of everything 4 months before I can order, but I would absolutely look if it went live!

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has Ford ever released build and price tool before without the price portion? Lol I don't recall if they ever have and if it would even make much sense.
I hope I'm wrong, trust me. But if I am, specifically saying"fall" is a pretty big oversight by whomever was answering those questions.

Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I hope I'm wrong, trust me. But if I am, specifically saying"fall" is a pretty big oversight by whomever was answering those questions.
I'm just trying to figure out my pricing for when I upgrade from a First edition to a Badlands with all the options and get more choices.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I did ask the Bronco rep at the local dealer "If the rumors are true that the build and price is coming out this month?" Here is his response:

"Yes they have announced it and as long as ever(y) thing goes according to plan and Covid doesn't effect anything the build and price tool will be up so people can get an idea of pricing before orders start being allocated"

Take it with a grain of salt. While he does say yes to my question, It can be perceived as we will see it before we order (which is December) which could mean sometime in fall. ?‍♂

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I honestly don't know what the point would be of knowing the price of everything 4 months before I can order, but I would absolutely look if it went live!
Some are going to be in shock when they see the price of everything they plan on adding. They'll need that 4 months to recover and adjust their build to what they can afford.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Eh not so sure. The FE four door is loaded at 63k. That’s your best benchmark for something that checks all the boxes checked and probably comes with a bit of a premium for exclusivity and future resale. scale that down accordingly based on your trim.
Sponsored