Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey Y'all,

My name is Eric and I am a manager at a Ford dealership in Southern California, Kearny Mesa Ford. I just received this communication from Ford so thought I'd share it with the masses. Hope this helps somebody!

FYI, you will see 'WBDO' referenced a few times. WBDO is Ford's dealer-facing inventory ordering system.

Bronco Reservationist Dealer Change Process

Consumer interest was so high the night of our reveal, some aspects of our website did not perform as intended for selected Bronco enthusiasts. To resolve any concerns that may have been caused, we have enacted a change dealer process for current Bronco and Bronco Sport reservation holders. This process will be open to all US reservation holders, although not all consumers will be contacted as most of the concerns took place during the first four hours of the reveal.

Starting July 29th, all consumers who placed a reservation between the hours of 8 pm – Midnight EST the night of reveal on July 13th are being notified of their current dealer and informed of the process to change their dealer in case they were unable to select their preferred dealer. These communications are being staggered throughout the first few weeks of August to ensure a smooth customer experience with our call center.

Terms and Conditions:

Customer must contact the Ford CRC to begin the process at (800) 334-4375

Each reservation number can only change dealers once

In order to ensure customers proceed to order with the correct dealership, change dealer requests must occur before close of business on October 31st, 2020

The change dealer process occurs real time during the request being processed by the CRC agent

Customers will receive a change dealer confirmation via email and will be refunded their $100 and now will hold a $0 reservation at the new dealer

The first dealer will be notified of the cancellation in WBDO and via email to the current reservation contact set up in the eCommerce portal

The second dealer will receive notification in the normal channels: WBDO, Dealer CRM and hot alert email. This new reservation is held at $0

Note: Due to technical limitations the original dealer may not see the cancellation record in WBDO for a short period of time. Our technical teams are working to bring these records back into your WBDO screens by mid-August. Thanks for your patience on this.

Why can a customer only change the dealer 1x before October 31st?

The reservation was made between the customer and the Dealer. We are only instituting this change due to system issues that occurred the night of the reveal where some customers were not able to place their reservation with their preferred Dealer.

Why is October 31st significant?

This date was chosen as it is prior to the order bank opening when customers will be eligible to place an order with their preferred Dealer.

When this letter gets posted and someone who doesn’t receive it sees it and says they had an issue but didn’t receive a letter, will we let them change their dealer?

Yes, anyone who contacts the CRC will be able to change their Dealer one time.

What if a customer didn’t receive the letter, didn’t have a problem, and still wants to change their dealer – can they?

Yes, anyone who contacts the CRC will be able to change their Dealer one time.

Why isn’t Bronco Brand / Ford letting all customer’s verify or update their dealer preference?
The reservation was made between the customer and the Dealer. We are only instituting this change due to system issues that occurred the night of the reveal where some customers were not able to place their reservation with their preferred Dealer. We are not asking all customers to verify their Dealer as it would be an additional step we would be asking them to take that would not provide any benefit if everything went as planned the night of the reveal.

The Bronco Team
Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Biggest thing I see on here is the "ONE TIME". I'd recommend everyone be sure that they want to switch as it looks like no moving again if something better or closer comes available. Since pricing isn't out yet, I'd wait if I were looking to switch until build and price comes out, still plenty of time to switch and can get a locked in price beforehand this way.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your info seems to be inaccurate. The reservation is ours, not the dealers, we can take our business any where we want.

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Biggest thing I see on here is the "ONE TIME". I'd recommend everyone be sure that they want to switch as it looks like no moving again if something better or closer comes available. Since pricing isn't out yet, I'd wait if I were looking to switch until build and price comes out, still plenty of time to switch and can get a locked in price beforehand this way.
Very true and great point. Everyone should do all their research and have a point of contact at the new dealership prior to switching.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Your info seems to be inaccurate. The reservation is ours, not the dealers, we can take our business any where we want.
I agree with the principle of what you said, you can do business with whomever you want. However, you are only allowed to switch your reservation once. After that, the only way to switch dealerships would be to cancel your reservation and create a new one, losing your priority. I can't say I like the system, but it does prevent their team from getting overwhelmed with constant switches.

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If they would just impose a "no extra charges for reserved Broncos," they could save themselves, and everyone else, a whole lot of time and effort.

I think the vast majority of us care MOST about being charged ADM. Remove that possibility, earn customers, foster good will, and end the endless speculation on both ends.

It doesn't need to be this cumbersome.

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am saving my change dealer magic bullet......if I have to use it.....will be adding to the Granger traffic jam..... most people just want a fair deal with no suprises........damn shame we have to distrust so....thank goodness for Granger

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am saving my change dealer magic bullet......if I have to use it.....will be adding to the Granger traffic jam..... most people just want a fair deal with no suprises........damn shame we have to distrust so....thank goodness for Granger
Granger seems to be like a hero dealership on this site. What have they done / said that has attracted so much popularity?

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they would just impose a "no extra charges for reserved Broncos," they could save themselves, and everyone else, a whole lot of time and effort.

I think the vast majority of us care MOST about being charged ADM. Remove that possibility, earn customers, foster good will, and end the endless speculation on both ends.

It doesn't need to be this cumbersome.
They can't limit pricing, there are laws that prevent it, even when they do "employee pricing for everyone", they have have the "at participating dealers" as they can't make it mandatory.

That said, Ford would love to have set prices at MSRP. They don't like ADM's, that's true, but they dislike the discount prices even more, for years Ford tried to get rid of the XXX off, or under invoice, etc, they set COOP advertising so they're very strict on what discounts you can list and use, but dealers just use Co-op by these rules and pay the ineligible ads on their own without Co-op.

The issue is having discounts on something makes it appear as a distressed product and affects demand, people assume if its cheap it much not be good or isn't selling. It also has a bigger effect on resale, people think if a new one is this much off, the used one should be even more discounted. Ford wants to sell the product, not the deal, Honda did this very well for years and it paid dividends in resale.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Granger seems to be like a hero dealership on this site. What have they done / said that has attracted so much popularity?
Eric

Granger is selling Broncos at $1,000 below invoice and Albert has been great with answering all the questions he can. Check some of the threads started by Granger.

Very nice of you to post that communication as many have wondered why they haven’t received an email. Thanks for the info!

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I reserved on 7/22 and wanted to change dealers on the 27th. I called ford Asking how I could change dealers. they told me to cancel my first reservation and make a new reservation. So that’s what I did. I would rather have had the option to keep my original reservation but with the new dealer. Not sure how much of a delay (if any) I’ll have getting my bronco caused by re-reserving 5 days after my initial reservation.

Spencer

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm a bit confused, are they only allowing people to switch who booked during that time slot that was mentioned?

Also, if you do switch, you are refunded, which I guess is cool but do you still maintain your same place in line, so to speak when you go to the new dealer?

I've had very little communication with my reserved dealer, and would prefer to order my truck through a dealer who I know for certainty will NOT mark the vehicle up.
Sponsored