chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150 xlt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine came at 40 from the dealer. It's been 3 months and they had drifted down to 35 so I just aired them back up to 40 today (door plate says 39). Honestly I couldn't tell much difference. Maybe it felt softer at 35. At 40 I wouldn't call it rough, but it's definitely ... stiffer? I prefer that for riding around the city. I would 100% air them down off roading to get traction.

When I did the Off Roadeo (in a Wildtrak) they had all the tires aired down to 29 PSI "the lowest Ford would let us go". The dashboard didn't approve and was filled with warning lights. Things definitely felt squishy on the 10 miles on the highway to the trail head.
Yeah I will probably air down to 25 when I go offroad, thanks for the feedback. Honestly I dont mind the way it rides at 40, but up here in michigan our roads are awful so every 50 ft your hitting either a pothole or a bump.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I heard Colorado closed the border, we’re not accepting anymore transfers. No need to get the disconnect, save your cash.

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150 xlt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also as to the original posted question. I have had my Black Diamond for 3 months. At first I was having some buyer's remorse for not getting the Badlands, but I got my bronco out the door for $41,500. I got the one feature that was real important to me: manual transmission. And didn't get one feature that I really wanted: keyless entry.

Ford makes it real easy to pull at your heart strings and FOMO and I very easily could have ended up getting a Badlands, plus mid package and been almost $50k for practically the same car. Luckily for me they got a little too greedy and didn't allow manual with a lot of trim/package combinations so it was easier for me to say no to paying 20% more for the car to get the one feature I wanted. I am a little sad to see that 2022 buyers can get a Man-Squatch. I'm glad Ford saw the light, but shame it was too late for me to get it.

What got rid of my no-Badlands buyer's remorse was going to the Off Roadeo in Moab. We did some crazy stuff and I got through all of it with only a rear locker. I'm talking 3 wheels on the ground, one way up in the air, scaling up stuff that you'd never think a car can drive. I realized anything else I do will never be as crazy as the stuff I did with only a rear locker.

The problem with asking a car forum for buying advice is it is full of car loving people. I'm not surprised 80% of the advice is to get the more expensive option. The forum members definitely skew towards people who like spending money on cars. I just can't relate when members talk about how much they need their '21 Bronco to replace their '19 Raptor which was so much better than their '18 JK that they got a great deal on, etc. The Bronco is pretty mind blowing to someone who only gets a "new" car every 11 years (this was actually my first _NEW_ new car). Of course the Badlands is better than the Black Diamond, and the First Edition is better than the Badlands, and the Bronco Raptor will be better than that, and the Desert Runner Coyote or whatever it's called will be better than that. There's always a better option out there for more money.
Cannot agree more. I was in the same boat. I really wanted the sta-bar disconnect. To be fair, the black diamond is plenty capable for anyone who doesnt plan on doing extreme rock crawling. I've gotten my 2018 f150 (no lockers, stock tires, sport trim) in and out of some pretty harsh ORV trails that it had no business being on...but at the end of the day I think it comes down to the driver and understanding traction/speed/tire to ground contact. I had buyers remorse all the way up until I took delivery and then I realized what an absolute beast this thing will be off-road. #jeepkiller

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted the Sasquatch, 2.7, lockers, remote start, and the Black Diamond originally. After doing the numbers the Black Diamond 2 door came out to about 50k and the Badlands 2 door was 54k. I got the big 12 inch screen, 360 cameras, sway bar disconnect, and Sasquatch on the Badlands. It was a no brainer for me to go with the Badlands since 4K isn’t really much more per month on payment.

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also as to the original posted question. I have had my Black Diamond for 3 months. At first I was having some buyer's remorse for not getting the Badlands, but I got my bronco out the door for $41,500. I got the one feature that was real important to me: manual transmission. And didn't get one feature that I really wanted: keyless entry.

Ford makes it real easy to pull at your heart strings and FOMO and I very easily could have ended up getting a Badlands, plus mid package and been almost $50k for practically the same car. Luckily for me they got a little too greedy and didn't allow manual with a lot of trim/package combinations so it was easier for me to say no to paying 20% more for the car to get the one feature I wanted. I am a little sad to see that 2022 buyers can get a Man-Squatch. I'm glad Ford saw the light, but shame it was too late for me to get it.

What got rid of my no-Badlands buyer's remorse was going to the Off Roadeo in Moab. We did some crazy stuff and I got through all of it with only a rear locker. I'm talking 3 wheels on the ground, one way up in the air, scaling up stuff that you'd never think a car can drive. I realized anything else I do will never be as crazy as the stuff I did with only a rear locker.

The problem with asking a car forum for buying advice is it is full of car loving people. I'm not surprised 80% of the advice is to get the more expensive option. The forum members definitely skew towards people who like spending money on cars. I just can't relate when members talk about how much they need their '21 Bronco to replace their '19 Raptor which was so much better than their '18 JK that they got a great deal on, etc. The Bronco is pretty mind blowing to someone who only gets a "new" car every 11 years (this was actually my first _NEW_ new car). Of course the Badlands is better than the Black Diamond, and the First Edition is better than the Badlands, and the Bronco Raptor will be better than that, and the Desert Runner Coyote or whatever it's called will be better than that. There's always a better option out there for more money.
I was leaning towards a Badlands until I spent a day in one at Vegas Off-Roadeo. I like you was doing 3 wheelin rock crawling on just rear locker (sometimes) and 4 lo. I then realized all the other options are cool but not necessary for anything I will ever do. So happy that I got to have the experience to solidify that the Black Diamond Sasquatch was right for me.

Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was in the same situation and here is how I decided to go with a BD.
I wanted SAS… lockers front and rear 35s
I wanted heated seats
I wanted Marine grade vinyl

I didnt need all of the stuff a Lux packages brings but cameras and heated steering wheel would have been nice

I didn’t need the sway bar disconnect, figured this may be an easy add I the future
At first I like the signature lighting but now I’m glad I have the regular lighting.

So I went with the Black Diamond and love it!

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Both are a win IMO

I am not doing heavy offroading so am going BD. The working mans Bronco, and has most of what I want.

Love the BL stance, access to high package, and prefer the orange over blue interior. Don't need its additional locker or suspension, so for me it really was access to high package and a few things that are nice to have, not need for 7k or around 120 more a month.

Really, if you are offroading (serious) or need high package stuff go BL. Otherwise BD will be just fine and easier on the wallet. That said when I'm up for new tires may do a level and lift, who knows.

Deadlast76

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Both are a win IMO

I am not doing heavy offroading so am going BD. The working mans Bronco, and has most of what I want.

Love the BL stance, access to high package, and prefer the orange over blue interior. Don't need its additional locker or suspension, so for me it really was access to high package and a few things that are nice to have, not need for 7k or around 120 more a month.

Really, if you are offroading (serious) or need high package stuff go BL. Otherwise BD will be just fine and easier on the wallet. That said when I'm up for new tires may do a level and lift, who knows.
I'm not gonna be ripping up trails and pushing this thing to it's limit, it's a daily driver and weekend top off to the beach/road trip. The MGV seats and washout floor (I have the floor in my F150 now) pushed me from a BB to a BD. I started looking at the BL and like you said, I don't need to spend another $7k for a bigger TV and a bunch of stuff I don't need.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Quick sway bar disconnects should hit the scene soon. I wouldn’t buy a BL for that option only. Quick disconnects take less than 5 mins to remove and you’re gonna have plenty of time to do that if you’re airing down to do a trail.

Sponsored

Kiept

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda fit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's what's keeping me up on this topic:

Love the look of the 2 door black diamond trim. Manual transmission is a must. I'm in the same situation as many others where you cannot get the mid package with manual with the BD, would have to move up to the BL trim.

I'll have some pretty cold winters so I'm thinking the heated seats would be nice. If BD allowed mid with manual I would no question order that. I'm spending 50k CAD for a BD with no heated seats. Will I regret not having the creature comforts of mid/high package.

I'm not a serious off roader so I am confident the BD is capable enough for anything I would be doing, it is also going to be my daily driver.

I originally had the BD build ordered but switched to BL with my fear of missing out on the mid/high package. Now I'm wondering if I should switch back to BD since my order costs 60k CAD and much of the added off road capabilities with be wasted on me, so essentially a nicer interior, but with a less appealing exterior (in my opinion). Wondering that I could potentially go aftermarket for creature comforts like heated seats and save the money and have the better looking exterior trim.

Anyone else rationalize themselves to a decision? Ford sure got there trim level options dialed in to push you spend more. I'm torn.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here's what's keeping me up on this topic:

Love the look of the 2 door black diamond trim. Manual transmission is a must. I'm in the same situation as many others where you cannot get the mid package with manual with the BD, would have to move up to the BL trim.

I'll have some pretty cold winters so I'm thinking the heated seats would be nice. If BD allowed mid with manual I would no question order that. I'm spending 50k CAD for a BD with no heated seats. Will I regret not having the creature comforts of mid/high package.

I'm not a serious off roader so I am confident the BD is capable enough for anything I would be doing, it is also going to be my daily driver.

I originally had the BD build ordered but switched to BL with my fear of missing out on the mid/high package. Now I'm wondering if I should switch back to BD since my order costs 60k CAD and much of the added off road capabilities with be wasted on me, so essentially a nicer interior, but with a less appealing exterior (in my opinion). Wondering that I could potentially go aftermarket for creature comforts like heated seats and save the money and have the better looking exterior trim.

Anyone else rationalize themselves to a decision? Ford sure got there trim level options dialed in to push you spend more. I'm torn.
Why not get a black diamond and get aftermarket heated seats?

Kiept

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda fit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why not get a black diamond and get aftermarket heated seats?
That is what I am leaning towards. I feel I can use the savings from the price difference and use that to modify anything I want to add.
Sponsored