First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The axle size and spline count (more spline count is also larger axle shaft diameter) aren't dependent on the gear ratio, but the spline count of the side gears in the differential. Both the M190 and M210 have 29 spline axle shafts. It is yet to be learned if the axles are exactly the same, most likely they are. So, this would mean that while the ring gear is bigger in the M210 than the M190, the axles are the same. What we also don't know is what exactly is the upgraded axle shafts offered in the Ford dealer accessory catalog. Would really like to know what kind of an upgrade it is.

The rear M220 uses 32 spline axle shafts. Also, the D44 FDU complete from diff offered as an upgrade from Spicer is an M220 diff and uses 32 spline CV axle shafts. We still have some things to learn for sure.
Thanks much. I've finally decided that over thinking had become my enemy. Instead of buying an Outer Banks w/ Advanced 4WD and 4.27, then lifting and adding bigger tires and worry about driveline wear, proper driveline angles, gearing, gas mileage, etc, etc, etc, I'm going to change my order to a Badlands w/ Sasquatch. It's as high as I need, upgraded front diff, drive train components/35" tires all designed to work together, full underbody armor, factory warranty, and so forth. Most of our wheeling will be solo, and as such being properly equipped is very important. Gas mileage will be what it will be. Mrs Contented finally said "you'll be sorry if you don't get everything we need now". That was all it took. :)

Once again, thanks to all.
Sponsored

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Both the M190 and M210 have 29 spline axle shafts.
The M190 is also 29-spline? I had guessed from the above statements that the M190 is the same as the JK Dana30 that it would mean that it carried over the 27-spline side gears. Because now we're starting to talk about some significant interchange differences if that's not the case...

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The M190 is also 29-spline? I had guessed from the above statements that the M190 is the same as the JK Dana30 that it would mean that it carried over the 27-spline side gears. Because now we're starting to talk about some significant interchange differences if that's not the case...
From early on I've been trying to find out the size and spline count of the M190 and M210 front axles. This is the only thing I have found, and unless it's a typo it should be conclusive. This link is for the Spicer upgraded axles and diffs for the new Bronco.

Spicer Bronco upgrades

roductApplicationSpline CountPart Number
Spicer2021 and Up Ford Bronco With Dana M190 Front29 SplineTBD
Spicer2021 and Up Ford Bronco With Dana MM210 Front29 SplineTBD
SpicerUltimate Dana 44 AdvanTEK FDU32 SplineTBD
Spicer Extreme2021 and Up Ford Bronco With Dana M190 Front29 SplineTBD
Spicer Extreme2021 and Up Ford Bronco With Dana M210 Front29 SplineTBD
Spicer ExtremeUltimate Dana 44 AdvanTEK FDU32 SplineTBD

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From early on I've been trying to find out the size and spline count of the M190 and M210 front axles. This is the only thing I have found, and unless it's a typo it should be conclusive. This link is for the Spicer upgraded axles and diffs for the new Bronco.

Spicer Bronco upgrades

roductApplicationSpline CountPart Number
Spicer2021 and Up Ford Bronco With Dana M190 Front29 SplineTBD
Spicer2021 and Up Ford Bronco With Dana MM210 Front29 SplineTBD
SpicerUltimate Dana 44 AdvanTEK FDU32 SplineTBD
Spicer Extreme2021 and Up Ford Bronco With Dana M190 Front29 SplineTBD
Spicer Extreme2021 and Up Ford Bronco With Dana M210 Front29 SplineTBD
Spicer ExtremeUltimate Dana 44 AdvanTEK FDU32 SplineTBD
Thanks. I've been trying to dig for the same things. Looks like I might be back to just buying a sample and studying it.

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
im very interested to see the first basebase 3.73ration bronco fixed up with some lockers going to let someone on this forum test it out first lol

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
The best part about the AMC Eagles is that the only real source of information on them is in the muddy part at the back of a junkyard, with a tree growing out of it. That and most of the people that built them and worked on them in their day are either dead or in hiding(from eagle freeks calling them at 3am for viscous coupler identification).

Eagle roadtrip video with my wife.
Eagle Adventure
Sold for $35,200

1987 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon | F38 | Kissimmee 2022 (mecum.com)

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly, there are 2 options.. Putting a locker in your M190 (any 27 spline D30 locker should work like an ARB RD100) or swap the whole front drive unit with an M210 FDU from Ford Performance. the second option would require buying the axleshafts and drive shaft for the M210, but they're all available from Ford Performance. This is more expensive, but you'd have a much stronger front axle in the end.
How about upgrading an OBX Advanced 4.27 (rear locking diff) to 4.7? Is there an inexpensive way to do this? My wife just wants to drive around town with 37s. ;-)

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How about upgrading an OBX Advanced 4.27 (rear locking diff) to 4.7? Is there an inexpensive way to do this? My wife just wants to drive around town with 37s. ;-)
With the way the Bronco transmission is geared, you don't need 4.7's to run 37's around town. Crawling rocks, sure, but even then run the calculations - unless you have the 2.3 engine, you won't need 4.7's even off road (and then you definitely don't want to have the M190 dealing with the shock loads of crawling on 37's).
Sponsored