Sponsored

Anyone planning to wrap their hard tops?

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The “canopy cage” or whatever it is called would still be black if I am not mistaken. A person should probably planning on painting both for it to look right.
Sponsored

Indominus49er

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo, Honda
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wrap will not work due to the textured finish. Colored rhino or raptor type lining would be easy

OP
OP
Ajusaf

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wrap will not work due to the textured finish. Colored rhino or raptor type lining would be easy
Rhino I thought about. It shouldn't add to the weight too much but give I that nice dark black look and a little better insulation

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ajusaf

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Body color black for sure and I hope it's smooth finish.
That's the issue with the colour, I doubt it will be smooth surface uncles it's not made out of plastic and replaced in aluminium which I doubt

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not true ....

Ford Bronco Anyone planning to wrap their hard tops? 6DE3319D-37A3-407C-AB89-5A8F465EE1D4

Ford Bronco Anyone planning to wrap their hard tops? E90A8BE3-718F-47CD-86A7-9AEC239EE19D

Ford Bronco Anyone planning to wrap their hard tops? 73DCC253-5529-4F70-81AB-AB98DF5DB619

3M vinyl wrap off amazon and about 30 minutes of work. Vinyl is pretty amazing - and easy - stuff to work with. And cheap.

JK

Last edited:

Sponsored

Indominus49er

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo, Honda
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I know the guys here at incognito wraps in Vegas and they told me it will not hold over time due to the texture, that air/mositure can easily get in those pockets and cause lifting, that coupled with the hot Vegas sun. I won't be going that route. I wanna do it one time and have it last. But nonetheless, looks good on your Jeep

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know the guys here at incognito wraps in Vegas and they told me it will not hold over time due to the texture, that air/mositure can easily get in those pockets and cause lifting, that coupled with the hot Vegas sun. I won't be going that route. I wanna do it one time and have it last. But nonetheless, looks good on your Jeep
Possibly - but I wrapped it five months ago, I live in AZ and I power wash it regularly and it looks the same as the day I installed it. Most vinyl has a shelf life and needs to be replaced eventually. ?‍♂

The blackout tint vinyl on my (textured) side markers on my Chally have been on for three years.

Painting is obviously a more long term solution but vinyl is cheap and let’s you change your mind.

JK

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's the issue with the colour, I doubt it will be smooth surface uncles it's not made out of plastic and replaced in aluminium which I doubt
I'm thinking the textured finish is on the cheaper carbonized black top. The body colored painted top and Shadow Black painted tops will be smooth and have similar shine as the body does.

Indominus49er

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo, Honda
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My Abarth that was fully wrapped. Was the first one to use this 2 layer technique from Avery several years back. Fully aware of wraps and they are durability and they certainly have their place as you can see I like wraps. Just my preference I would rather rhino it But your Jeep looks good. Great job ?. Should have said of course it can be done just the shop did not recommend it.
Ford Bronco Anyone planning to wrap their hard tops? 20151006_055328_CRW_4872
Ford Bronco Anyone planning to wrap their hard tops? 20151006_055900_CRW_4882

Last edited:

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I might wrap it, depending on the pricing of the hard tops that Ford will offer. I honestly don't think if I matched the body color (antimatte blue) it would hold up as long due to the plastic material and perhaps wrapping might be a better option? I don't have experience with wraps, but I like to hear your feedback.

Dual Tops - Modular Shadow Black-Painted Hard Top
Dual Tops - Modular Body Color-Painted Hard Top
Dual Tops - Modular Body Black-Painted Hard Top
Yes! I have been looking at the glow in the darks. They are white in the day. I wrapped my Miata. In the background of the pix. This seems much easier since the lines are much less curvy.
Sponsored