Sponsored

Sasquatch - 2-Door Base vs Big Bend: $4,485 Price Difference?

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did a reservation back in August for a 2021 but haven't finalized the order. I went only to complete the reservation (now a 2022, obviously) and am confused as to what you're getting for the $4,485 price difference between the Base and Big Bend Sasquatch editions?

My preference is to get heated seats and dual climate zone, but that's another $1,500 on top of this $4,485 price difference. If I can justify that I'm getting $4,485 worth of value in the Big Bend upgrade, I guess I'd go for the Big Bend, and not just stop at the Mid-Package, but also then get the LED Signature headlamps (I mean, why not once you're spending that much). Are heated seats, dual a/c and special headlights worth spending basically another $6k in total to get? I mean, I use the heated seats and dual a/c a lot in my current car, but wonder if I'm being stupid? Or would I be pennywise, pound foolish when spending this much to just not go ahead and bite the bullet and get everything I want (and maybe it helps for resale)?

But could someone help me understand the rationale to go for Big Bend? Also, please let me know if any of the options below look stupid, which I'd do on both (or if I'm missing something). Color, black.
  • Front Bumper – Ford Performance Heavy-Duty Modular
    $825

• Upgraded Front Steel Bash Plates
    $Incl.

• Brush Guard
    $300

• Cargo Area Protector
    $120

• Auxiliary Switches in Overhead Console with Front Map Lights
    $195

• Floor Liners – Front and Rear with Carpet Mats (what is the difference for the one w/o carpet mats; they're same price?)
    $160

• 10-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission
    $0

• Sasquatch™ Package
    $6,590

• ESTIMATED NET PRICE BASE (2-Door)
    = $39,780

• ESTIMATED NET PRICE BIG BEND (2-Door)
    = $44,265 (and then $46,555 w/headlights and mid-package)

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was also considering the base vs the Big Bend. My must haves are manual and 4 doors which is not a possible combo on the base so I had to step up to Big Bend. I also really like to have a leather steering wheel, and do like the sandstone interior way more on the Big Bend. Big Bend wheels are bigger, nicer, and lighter. Fog lights also come standard.

IMO, if you want a two door Bronco the base is the way to go. I don't really think that any of the upgrades or features on higher trims are really worth the extra money. As soon as you jump to a 4 door it's kind of silly not to get the Big Bend for the relatively small price difference between the two considering you get some decent upgrades.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I ordered my Bronco back in Feb I went with base Sasquatch 2.7 with mod bumper but when I had to reorder for 2022 in oct I changed to BB with mid package because I wanted a little more is it worth almost 5k more maybe not but who cares.Its your money if its worth paying more for the BB to you then thats all that matters .

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I ordered my Bronco back in Feb I went with base Sasquatch 2.7 with mod bumper but when I had to reorder for 2022 in oct I changed to BB with mid package because I wanted a little more is it worth almost 5k more maybe not but who cares.Its your money if its worth paying more for the BB to you then thats all that matters .
I picked up my 2DR, 2.7, Base Sasquatch three weeks ago and it is a dream to drive. It is almost identical to the wildtrack that I test drove. I don't see any reason to upgrade beyond a Base Sasquatch. Apple Carplay with google maps covers the navigation and you can add aftermarket leather seats from Katzkin and include the heated seats if you want to. I got quotes for window tint at $225 and it has already been confirmed that the signature headlights can be added later. I don't see any reason to spend almost $5k more for a leather steering wheel and an uglier grill.

Forrest69

Base
First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a base Sasquatch and I love it. It’s kinda crazy to believe that this is just the base trim. If you really need/want the leather steering wheel and the mid package then go big bend, but the base has enough to make me happy. (I’m also not a fan of the big bend grill)

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You also don't get the passenger hand grab..... No way I'd pay another $4k over base simply for the ability to pay to upgrade to heated seats.
I think the unlock keypad is the biggest bargain available, and you can always hide it, if you don't like the way it looks.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The long story short is base exists to advertise a low price. As far as ford is considered the Big Bend is the base model.

The fact that they ever offer sasquatch on base is kind of amazing to me.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No tow package on Base is a problem for me. I need 7 pin, so... I'm in a bind. I'm 99 waiting it out and see what the aftermarket 7 pin cost is after a good solution arises. Right now I'm leaning BD, if there was a gun to my head and needing to order. 🤷‍♂️

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I skipped right over Big Bend and was between BaseSquatch and BD non squatch.

I am happy I stuck with Base although the choice wasn't easy. For me, there are A LOT of compromises that come with driving a Bronco and spending $5k or $8k or $15K wasn't going to fix those compromises - to me it probably would have aggravated me more that I spent $65k on a Bronco instead of $45k.

Base was all I needed and I am happy.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No rational reason. Tinted windows, an extra grab handle, aluminum wheels, bigger tires. All things easy to add later for less than 5k. But…..allows you to pay more money for things you can’t easily pay more money for later! If you are going MT, no reason to look at the BB IMHO!

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
No rational reason. Tinted windows, an extra grab handle, aluminum wheels, bigger tires. All things easy to add later for less than 5k. But…..allows you to pay more money for things you can’t easily pay more money for later! If you are going MT, no reason to look at the BB IMHO!
And in the OPs 2 door SAS, the Tinted windows, wheels and tires don't come into play.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was between base and BB as well. I just couldn’t justify the price difference. Spend another 5k to have the opportunity to pay 1500 for mid package is a joke really. You’re not getting enough in the BB to make up for the price difference in my opinion.
Base also has everything I’ll ever need plus some. Already have a guy lined up for window tint. You can start it remotely with the ford pass app. And sometime in the near future I’m going katskin heated seats. All for cheaper than upgrading to BB plus mid.

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have three broncos .One is a 4 door base ,one is a 2 dr badlands and the third is abadlands sasquatch..They all seem the same to me. But what do I know I have a v8 manual bronco with no computer ...lol

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

lot of people leaving out that you get the 360 camera with it when add mid package
Sponsored