Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The reveal of the bronco Sport was on the same date and yet the build site is up. WE have to read the fine prints here, something is not going the way they want with the Bronco. What.... is the question??
Sponsored

xylophone solo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To all the people who say its not a big deal The S in MSRP means Suggested.

You are locked in to some obese,mustard stained,lowlife dealer,without knowing what the GODDAMM price is sucker,dealer will rob you blind now.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sorry but Ford should have had this all fleshed out when they started taking reservations. All the vehicle testing, the build and price tool, pricing for the packages, etc. should have been done upon the official debut. Why reveal an unfinished work of art? I love the Bronco, and I will have one, but Ford's execution has been shoddy. The hype will almost be completely gone by the time these essential details finally come to light. Just my opinion.
I understand we are in a pandemic that delayed a lot of the laborious work but the configuration tool is all software based and could have been built from behind a computer at someone’s house. That work shouldn’t have stopped so the extra three four months they got should have been more than enough to iron out all the kinks.

At least the latest promise is on par as other new programs... about a year after original debut we can take delivery but that’s likely to change as well.

Mike978

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Actually, i don't.
Really? You have the price of each trim and 2 vs 4 door. You have delivery and tax information. As for options it is fair to assume the price of the auto and 2.7L engine. Sasquatch is more tricky to price but lots are not going for that. Roof will be c$1.5k going off Wrangler which is a good guide. So yes you have a good idea to plus/minus 10%.

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's many supplier problems right now due to Coronavirus. Ford is probably waiting till the last minute on purpose, cuz they aren't sure which suppliers will still be in business in 3-6 months, or which raw materials will be in short supply. If they promise us a specific leather interior right now, but supply becomes tight in 6 months when they need it, they'll have to buy it at higher prices but charge us the same lower price, possibly leading to them losing money.

Sponsored

Mike978

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I understand we are in a pandemic that delayed a lot of the laborious work but the configuration tool is all software based and could have been built from behind a computer at someone’s house. That work shouldn’t have stopped so the extra three four months they got should have been more than enough to iron out all the kinks.

At least the latest promise is on par as other programs... about a year after original debut we can take delivery but that’s likely to change as well.
There are thousands of configurations - seven trims, two body styles, three engine/power train configurations, eleven exterior colors, two/three interior colors, hard top vs soft top, mid,high and lux packages along with Sasquatch. Multiply that out and have photos for each one means a huge amount of information.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The reveal of the bronco Sport was on the same date and yet the build site is up. WE have to read the fine prints here, something is not going the way they want with the Bronco. What.... is the question??
Or things are going better than they expected and want to adjust pricing on options/packages based on the greater than anticipated demand.

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Exactly, the Sport has a lot less options, so Bronco owners have more choice and a much more involved configuration. I don’t have a reservation and wa storing to wait until 2022 anyway. It is a bit haphazard how things are reported but the vehicle is what counts and ina few years looking back this will be forgotten and background noise.
Another thing to consider is that with the potentially large number of 3rd party options that aren't manufactured by Ford, supply and availability of those items may be very up in the air. Custom rims, parts for bumpers, lights, floormats? Who knows what's up with those 3rd party manufacturers.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hoping he meant the configuration tool for actually building your order is December. I am still pretty optimistic that the online tool for us will be up before September.

Sponsored

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are thousands of configurations - seven trims, two body styles, three engine/power train configurations, eleven exterior colors, two/three interior colors, hard top vs soft top, mid,high and lux packages along with Sasquatch. Multiply that out and have photos for each one means a huge amount of information.
And how much of that manufacturing of additions is out of their control?

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Haven't they known all of this for months and months already?

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's many supplier problems right now due to Coronavirus. Ford is probably waiting till the last minute on purpose, cuz they aren't sure which suppliers will still be in business in 3-6 months, or which raw materials will be in short supply. If they promise us a specific leather interior right now, but supply becomes tight in 6 months when they need it, they'll have to buy it at higher prices but charge us the same lower price, possibly leading to them losing money.
This is mostly what I'm worried about Covid 19 messing everything up. Its very likely. I think the Virus is going to spread like Wildfire this winter and screw everything up. A lot of factories and suppliers will be shut down. I honestly have a bad feeling about this. I doubt we will see Broncos in the spring.

Mike978

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And how much of that manufacturing of additions is out of their control?
All of that is in their control, as after market accessories are something else. So getting all the images and information for the configurator is a big job.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.