First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The hardest part about making one myself was coming up with the paper pattern, then finding hardwood in a 5x5 sheet, getting that home, then using a crappy jigsaw to cut it out, then sourcing the 3/4 x 1.5 inch aluminum channel and drilling/cutting that to the right size. If anyone wants to build their own, I'd skip the aluminum unless you have it laying around and use 3/4 inch (true 3/4 inch) hardwood or marine grade plywood or 1x for the spacers.
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The hardest part about making one myself was coming up with the paper pattern, then finding hardwood in a 5x5 sheet, getting that home, then using a crappy jigsaw to cut it out, then sourcing the 3/4 x 1.5 inch aluminum channel and drilling/cutting that to the right size. If anyone wants to build their own, I'd skip the aluminum unless you have it laying around and use 3/4 inch (true 3/4 inch) hardwood or marine grade plywood or 1x for the spacers.
This and the GG give me lots of ideas đź‘Ť
Appreciate the pics and responses.
I'm wondering if I can leave the actual trunk space 100% stock and just make 2 panels (mirror of one another) to replace the rear seats....

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many thanks! Reached out to my dealer to verify whether my order was received by GG, too!
My advice is to call GG directly...they were adamant that they didn't receive my order until November 2nd, but the dealer verified that he submitted it October 12th...and the GG person basically said it didn't matter what the dealer claimed because it allegedly didn't arrive at GG until the 2nd. I can't help but wonder if that was to benefit GG because it gives them another couple of weeks to meet the 8 week predicted window? Anyhoo, nothing to gain by the dealer by postponing my order, right? I was trying to be pleasant about everything but it sucks to wait 10 weeks (instead of 8) and then to have the kit arrived (which was thrilling) only to find out nothing seemed to fit right...had I not have already had my Bronco apart more than once and having built my hillbilly panel I would have been far less prepared or able to sort things out. Here is the exact email I sent them:

I received the Goose Gear Stealth for my 2021 Bronco. Some observations:

1. It appears that I am missing 2 mending plates and the bolts for those 2 plates. The kit is designed for 5 total, I believe, with 2 each attaching the left and right forward plates to rear panel and one attaching the left and right plate at the front. Without 2 plates on each side at the rear, there would be a significant lack of strength. Can you please send me 2 more with the bolts?

2. (arrows in blue) The height of the support blocks/spacers are off. For example, on the rear most section, the blocks on either side of the bolted on scissor jack cover are 7/16" high. The blocks on the sides of the locked cover are 7/8" high...so when the rear panel is set in place, the front edge angles upward and does not meet up with the rear edge of the two front panels.

3. (arrows in green) there is no support block under the two bolt holes on the leading edge of the rear panel...which means if someone puts bolts in those holes and tries to tight them, it will simply pull the panel towards the floor until it breaks. Without support blocks of the proper height, it is pointless to have bolts go through the holes.

4. (arrows in white) The left and right front panels have spacer blocks only towards the centerline. On those blocks, one is drilled for the stud to clear, the other is meant to have a bolt installed. The outer bolt/stud holes have no support block...which means that not only will they not support weight but also that if someone tries to tighten the supplied forward bolts that it again will draw the panel towards the floor and break it.

From an engineering and safety standpoint, shouldn't any through-hole designed to have a bolt installed to the floor have a support space of the correct height to allow the panels to be secured at the correct height? As-is, the thickness of the panels, even if fastens together with the 3 mend plates provided (or the Inassume intended 5), won't safely support weight for very long. I want to install it, but to do so I'd need to fabricate additional blocks and change the height of the current blocks to even get the panels to line up. The product is a fantastic concept, but isn't it intended to be installed as-is with no additional tweaking?

20211228_144521.jpg

20211228_150353.jpg

20211228_164923.jpg

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This and the GG give me lots of ideas đź‘Ť
Appreciate the pics and responses.
I'm wondering if I can leave the actual trunk space 100% stock and just make 2 panels (mirror of one another) to replace the rear seats....
If you are referring to the 2 door, you need to raise the panels that replace the seats by 3/4 of an inch and have at least a 1/2 panel because the studs that stick out of the floor are about and inch and a quarter high...so by raising the panel the ends of the studs go into holes in the panel and end up being flush with the top. You can leave your factory trunk panel as-is, and end the seat panels there, but you will then have step down.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The system is completely dead flat. The spacer blocks (now) go in the same locations as the factory seat mount bolts. For front support, there is a vertical panel on each side of the tunnel, that attach to the top panels via an extruded aluminum channel and t-bolts. You remove your rear factory flip up panel that covers the jack, and use the 8 holes that previously were used for the cargo tie down points.
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 20211228_164923
Cool! Is there room for a 8” under seat woofer somewhere in those areas? Either behind the board? Under? Or half way out from under passenger seat?

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the great feedback. I hope they get the kits sorted out for future deliveries. I have 2 picture requests: 1) Can you show your added hatches open/closed. I'm having a hard time visualizing what you did. 2) And I think I speak for the majority of B6G, but please share a photo of your dogs in the back. You can't tease us with mention of doggo(s) and not show them.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are referring to the 2 door, you need to raise the panels that replace the seats by 3/4 of an inch and have at least a 1/2 panel because the studs that stick out of the floor are about and inch and a quarter high...so by raising the panel the ends of the studs go into holes in the panel and end up being flush with the top. You can leave your factory trunk panel as-is, and end the seat panels there, but you will then have step down.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, 2 door. The step down...is that a step down to the rear factory floor or...?
Could you just pass these studs further thru the plywood and utilize them somehow? Tie-downs maybe?

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the great feedback. I hope they get the kits sorted out for future deliveries. I have 2 picture requests: 1) Can you show your added hatches open/closed. I'm having a hard time visualizing what you did. 2) And I think I speak for the majority of B6G, but please share a photo of your dogs in the back. You can't tease us with mention of doggo(s) and not show them.
Here are doggos
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 20211023_143623
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 20211121_130629

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Out of sight with yoga mat
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 20210929_070448
That forward hatch opens to expose only about half of the cubby...you can order either a passenger or driver side cover (not sure why they didn't just make one long cover, like the rear one), so you just have to reach to the other side under the platform.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I keep going back and forth with removing my rear seats but, if I do it doesn’t sound like I would go with GG.

Thanks for the write up

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That forward hatch opens to expose only about half of the cubby...you can order either a passenger or driver side cover (not sure why they didn't just make one long cover, like the rear one), so you just have to reach to the other side under the platform.
Maybe room for a woofer underneath the floor in the back?
Sponsored