First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
He is right. If you don't have a decent idea of what the price will be then you haven't done much digging. I know what my base price is, I have a decent estimate of what I think the ad ons will be and I know what my budget is. I'll just add in options until I reach my cap, and then probably add a few more. LOL
Squatch is the X factor. It could be $3000 or $8000 which could be the difference between waiting for a Bronco or just buying a Wrangler to many.
Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well... This means one thing. I think it's time for me to take a break from the forum. It's been a wealth of knowledge, and some fun chatting, but the amount of whining over unknowns is way too high. Taking the excitement away for me.

Ford could have done better but why can't we just wait and see what happens instead of knee-jerk-I'm-cancelling-my-reservation reactions.

It's a bit tired out at this point.
I think people here are more upset about locking in a dealer by Oct. 31st before they know the prices.

I am disappointed that Ford is doing this. Hype is real and this is going to discourage a lot of people. Keep the hype moving by releasing pricing in Oct at the least. I'm not gonna cancel my reservation, but I will be hitting up my dealer before Oct. 31st to see if they can see pricing.

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This could potentially be a good thing. Maybe they’ll be trying to add some features and options that people have been wanting for the 2021 model. Like Sasquatch for manual or even different interior options. This gives them more time to refine things and listen to the feedback they’ve been receiving since the reveal. Who knows! Trying to stay positive.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had hoped to get a quote on out-the-door pricing by the 10/31 deadline to change dealers. A price without laser etched glass, nitrogen filled tires, etc. That and to know if FE is going to be x-plan.

I'll talk to my dealer. But if I can't get something in writing, I'll have to move my reservation to Granger before the deadline. Safest move at this point.

BTW was there ever confirmation whether we could still change dealers at order time?
Looks like you already know the answer to your question.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
LOL... but what else is there to obsess over when most of us haven’t left the house in weeks for more than groceries or scenery. We’re freakin’ our, man!

1596403771031.gif
I am like , screw this, I am going to the movies tonight......ohhhh... wait.. click click, scroll...

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
And here I thought a fellow physician would know better than to engage in a false dichotomy...
False dichotomy? It's an analogy. Hastened Bronco=Premature birth. Un-rushed Bronco=full term delivery. Further, medically, it's a false analogy because, seriously, "baked?"

/surgeon

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I skipped pages 2-26, but if the build & price configurator is not availble until December, then count me the FCUK OUT! I wanted to give US car companies another chance, but no more. As a Detroit born lad, it is very disappointing (to say the least). Why bring manufacturing back to the US when these corporate clowns can't get their act together?

In conclusion, if you buy a Bronco, you are a loser in life. Looking forward to not buying a Bronco.

Sad!
Thanks for bringing the passion back, this thread was getting kinda boring.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This feels a little like when a game developer releases info about a game the gets everyone hyped and then says it's 2 or 3 years away from release.

People lose interest by then.

Sponsored

50foxbody

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Ford Mustang GT, 2015 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Sport is new vehicle, it’s build and price is up and running
I understand it is disappointing, especially after so many "sources" said it would go live in August, but I think everyone needs to stop overreacting and chill out.

In the auto industry, most "Build and Price" tools go online a few months prior to launch. This is when the prices, options and buildable configurations are finalized. In a few instances, companies will release some pricing info several months ahead (like the Bronco, Mach-E, etc...) but final option pricing is still being decided.

For reference, the F-150, which comes out this Fall still does not have it's "Build and Price" tool up. The Mach-1 which has similar timing does not have it up either.

I wish it was a tad earlier so I could spend more time going through my options before finalizing my build in December with the dealer. At the same time, it's ridiculous to be so upset you're going to cancel a reservation.

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve got to admit, this has been a wild ride. I’ve never bought a new vehicle, and I’ve never paid attention to a new vehicle release before, but I’ve been beyond hyped about the Bronco for a long time.

The lack of communication has been incredibly frustrating, as has the contradictory information put out in official releases by Ford.

I was riding high after the reveal, managed to snag a FE reservation, and a second one for a badlands as a backup. Even bought some Ford stock (first stock purchase ever), not for X-plan, just for the fun of watching it and getting immersed in the whole process.

But now, I feel like the hits just keep on coming, in a bad way. My biggest complaints (as if anyone cares) In order of frustration level:

1. no tailgate - mind blowing miss in my opinion
2. Fifty shades of grey - full disclosure, I’d probably get gray or silver anyway, unless there was a nice green, but having almost no fun/unique colors seems silly
3. Limited interior options - Or at the least poor communication of what’s available
4. Tow rating - I know they benchmarked Wrangler for everything, but I have no interest in a Wrangler and don’t care what its capabilities are, I want a Bronco to be a Bronco, not a replacement Wrangler.
5. delays, radio silence, terse/non-committal responses - self explanatory

Having said all that, I’m not canceling my reservations yet, and I may still buy one. I was pleasantly surprised to see how big it is, was expecting it to be too small for me. Love the off-road tech (which I admittedly have little use for) and of course the factory Squatch looks amazing. They did so much right, but did some major things wrong, in my opinion, and it’s caused me quite a bit of internal back and forth about whether to buy, wait, or jump ship altogether.

/rant off

*edit: corrected non-communal to non-committal

Last edited:

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you know the price of the ad ons? Please tell.
Look at other models with similar add on and see what things like hard tops on the Jeeps cost to ad. I promise Ford has looked at what things on Jeeps cost to price the Bronco.

Squatch is the X factor. It could be $3000 or $8000 which could be the difference between waiting for a Bronco or just buying a Wrangler to many.
Yeah the Sasquatch is definitely the hardest one to estimate. I would think it would vary on models like the Badlands since it already comes with most of the Squatch package already.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.