Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Something between Sasquatch and nothing? Available on F150 and Ranger. Why not Bronco?
Sponsored

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I want a Wildtrak with 33's

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i feel like Sasquatch is the FX4 package. an F150 FX4 usually just adds better shocks and 4x4 and some additional badging, right? im sure the Sasquatch will run more than an FX4 package but that is the basic idea for and FX4 to make the vehicle perform a little better off road. i think the Sasquatch accomplishes that with mainly the 35's and locking front and rear diffs. please, correct me if im wrong on the newer FX4 packages.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, since the Bronco is primarily aimed at the off road crowd, the base suspension should be equivalent to an upgrade on a pickup.

Doesn’t the squatch package limit articulation? That doesn’t sound appealing to me, or an upgrade.

I’ll go base suspension and do aftermarket if needed.

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't know about the F150, but on the Ranger it includes locking rear diff, all terrain tires, and a few other things. And, it's only around $1300.

i feel like Sasquatch is the FX4 package. an F150 FX4 usually just adds better shocks and 4x4 and some additional badging, right? im sure the Sasquatch will run more than an FX4 package but that is the basic idea for and FX4 to make the vehicle perform a little better off road. i think the Sasquatch accomplishes that with mainly the 35's and locking front and rear diffs. please, correct me if im wrong on the newer FX4 packages.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
FX4 is basically a combination some Sasquatch and some black diamond parts. Will probably have most of what makes an FX4 different as factory options.

Sponsored
OP
OP

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't know about the F150, but on the Ranger it includes locking rear diff, all terrain tires, and a few other things. And, it's only around $1300.
That's what I'm talking about!?

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All trims except Base technically come with AT tires and the rear locking diff is available on Big Bend and Outer Banks without Squatch. No FX4 needed, unless this is just another thread about not being able to get every single option on a Base model......

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe it's just a thread about a guy asking a question, and some other guys trying to answer it.

As for the FX4 model, I thought it was a good idea that you can get that in every trim as a separate add-on.

In the Bronco, as you mentioned, it's all but the base.

I'll be getting Sasquatch or Wildtrek, because I want lockers on both axles, but to each his own.

All trims except Base technically come with AT tires and the rear locking diff is available on Big Bend and Outer Banks without Squatch. No FX4 needed, unless this is just another thread about not being able to get every single option on a Base model......

OP
OP

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not every option. No desire or expectation for leather seats, leather wrapped steering wheels 12" screens, B&O sounds system. Just desire for basic mechanical/drivetrain options expected on a reasonable offroad vehicle without fluff.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not every option. No desire or expectation for leather seats, leather wrapped steering wheels 12" screens, B&O sounds system. Just desire for basic mechanical/drivetrain options expected on a reasonable offroad vehicle without fluff.
Everyone in every thread like this thinks that the one thing they want is super important and a reasonable request.

Regardless of whether you think this one thing is more important than the other one things, the Base model is the Base model. You could get what you want on any other trim, just not the Base model. Sometimes you just have to pay more for the things you really want. C'est la vie.
Sponsored