Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4A would like to have a word with you.

OP a few miles in 4H on straight wet roads won't break anything but definitely don't make a habit of it. Save it for off-roading or snow/ice covered roads.
Good point. I forgot about 4A since mine does not have it. I still say consult the manual if you have questions, or set up a virtual learning session with Ford. They are live 1 on 1 sessions and they will answer your questions. And free.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Or the angry hose dragger can passive aggressively post the link. That works too.
Two words, personal responsibility.

Quit asking others to do what you should be doing for yourself. Then, after doing your own work, asking for clarification or deeper understanding will come from others. Until then, read the manual. You'll be amazed at how much you can learn before asking everyone else to do it for you.

Wild51

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Quit asking others to do what you should be doing for yourself. Then, after doing your own work, asking for clarification or deeper understanding will come from others. Until then, read the manual. You'll be amazed at how much you can learn before asking everyone else to do it for you.
This is a public forum. People can share experiences, use cases and best practices which can be far more useful than the two liners in the owners manual. It wasn’t for me, but it was to initiate a larger conversation. Go back to sleep until your next lift assist.

Sponsored

shelbyleader

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have a a button just to lock rear axle, if you do that will do will do exactly what your explaining.

OP
OP
feralc

feralc

Outer Banks
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have a a button just to lock rear axle, if you do that will do will do exactly what your explaining.
I know exactly what happened, it was in 4H because I thought I needed to select that on a heavy rain (I was wrong) and when you select 2H it takes a bit of driving to fully disengage. I didn’t read the manual as I just got it and it rained really hard today and I thought 4H would be safer on the freeway, I was wrong

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know exactly what happened, it was in 4H because I thought I needed to select that on a heavy rain (I was wrong) and when you select 2H it takes a bit of driving to fully disengage. I didn’t read the manual as I just got it and it rained really hard today and I thought 4H would be safer on the freeway, I was wrong
Hey mate - if you have an opportunity to go to the off rodeo and haven’t done so, I’d consider it. They were very knowledgeable and I learned a ton about the vehicle with having zero experience with a 4x4

OP
OP
feralc

feralc

Outer Banks
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey mate - if you have an opportunity to go to the off rodeo and haven’t done so, I’d consider it. They were very knowledgeable and I learned a ton about the vehicle with having zero experience with a 4x4
Hi there I did attend one of the
Off-road events and they showed me a lot of things about off-roading but they never told me what to do in the city haha!!
Anyways I should had read the manual to know that 4H is not for pavement driving unless it is REALLY slippery and today it was pouring rain and the truck hydroplaned a bit and I thought that would be safer on the freeway.
Didn’t feel anything different until I parked and it felt heavier. So lesson learned, I will leave that 4H alone and only engage it if the road is extremely slippery (snow, ice, etc)
Thanks

Last edited:

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thnx for sharing your experience. It was a great reminder. And, a learning moment. It's all good. Enjoy your new Bronco!

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
feralc

feralc

Outer Banks
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
hahah Good catch!! I have edited my last post now
I will leave 4H alone now!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cat

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford has a great series of videos on various Bronco topics. The one on 4x4 and GOAT modes is pretty interesting.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

You are being an ass.
Sponsored