Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The one that’s really getting me here is all the people bitching about not knowing pricing before having to lock in dealers. Reach out, ask if they will honour things like plan pricing, no ADM and other garbage. If they say they don’t know, switch dealers to one that gives you the answers you want to hear.
Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like we have to wait until December for the Build & Price tool.

Also:

Seems contradictory. Build and price is now December, ordering is in December, so that doesn’t really sound like we’ll before ordering goes live, unless that’s an indicator ordering will be pushed back. This could be Fords first major fumble in regard to Bronco. Curious, was the August timeframe initially quoted coming from Ford or from a “reliable” source? Don’t recall now, but moving it back by four months seems to be a bit extreme, unless August was never correct to begin with. Either way, seems odd to launch the month of ordering. Weren’t you able to build a Mach E fairly soon after it was announced?

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco Sport is new vehicle, it’s build and price is up and running
True, but the Bronco Sport is supposed to arrive in dealers this fall, not next Spring/Summer.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The one that’s really getting me here is all the people bitching about not knowing pricing before having to lock in dealers. Reach out, ask if they will honour things like plan pricing, no ADM and other garbage. If they say they don’t know, switch dealers to one that gives you the answers you want to hear.
Valid point, dealer lock in doesnt seem to be very relevant to the conversation since Ford will be setting the pricing that will be in the configurator. All that should matter before 10/31 is finding a reputable dealer to do business with.

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's false dichotomy and a poor analogy then - it supposes that our only options are to be able to order, price, and receive a "not ready for prime time" vehicle in a timely fashion or to continue to be met with delays in order to receive a fully functioning vehicle. Or in the baby analogy: Would you prefer a 28 week premie or an induced pregnancy at 43 weeks?

Let's suppose, just for a moment, that a 3rd option exists: FoCo could actually get it's crap together, hire a competent web designer, provide clear and consistent messaging to it's potential consumers, and actually deliver a 2021 vehicle within the calendar year for those that want one.

How much confidence does anyone have regarding the 3rd option at this point?
Based on his analogy, if I was his “customer,” I’d be looking for another “dealer.”

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That makes no sense, I’m not gonna lock in my dealer by October 31 without knowing the price that I’m gonna be paying

I will cancel my reservation if that’s the case
What does locking in your dealership have to do with knowing pricing? If you’re worried about the dealer charging you more than Ford is listing it for find a different dealer. Otherwise I don’t see how the two have any bearing on one another.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This really a non issue, besides the no switching of dealers. Ford actually can not keep people from switching dealers. There is also ways that dealers can speed up deliveries.

There will also be Broncos on dealer lots unclaimed/non special order prior to you getting your order.

Why is it a non issue?
1. As of today the configurator has no connection to first delivery next spring/summer.
2. We can’t order prior to the config or price anyways.
3. The Bronco itself is still 10-12 months away. This does nothing in delaying the Bronco you already ordered.
4. We all new the Bronco is no where close to arriving to dealers. You reserved knowing that the Bronco was going to be here next summer. It still is.
5. You can still choose what dealer you want to order from.

Carry on with your bitching...

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welp, that answers the question "will Ford screw this up?".
To my knowledge Ford never said it would be live in August, just a “reliable source.”

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty easy isn't it. :)

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how the Hell can i make changes to my reservation by October 31st if the price configuration isn't up until December? I reserved a Base in hoping the Sasquatch package is affordable. If the Sasquatch package is way too much then I want the Black Diamond.
10/31 is only when you can change your dealer up to, you decide your options and trim at time of order in December, AFTER the configurator will be up. The two are non related.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ouch.

On the one hand, hopefully that means they're still actively working on firming up more options (interior colors, white tops, etc.).

On the other hand, this raises 2 very real issues:

First, releasing the tool at essentially the same time they open up orders is just begging for problems. If they make any mistakes in the tool (and judging from the variety of images on the existing site, that's possible), it is going to wreak havoc on the ordering process.

Second, this makes the requirement to lock down your dealer in October ridiculous. You're supposed to commit to a dealer with no information on actual pricing?!
What does dealer selection have to do with pricing exactly?? I just don’t get why so many people are hung up on this, unless you think the dealer is gonna do something to the pricing, it’s otherwise irrelevant. And if you are worried about that find a better dealer.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.