Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger/2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive been eyeing the new bronco for awhile and have been kicking myself for not ordering one at a dealer promising sticker pricing. I know some of you are still waiting on your order, so I wouldn’t have necessarily gotten one yet.

I haven’t had a newer car since 2005 when I bought my GTO. I’ve had a couple beater Rangers as daily drivers. The current one is lifted with some bigger tires and exhaust, but otherwise stock.

Im not set in stone on which Bronco Id want, but likely a Badlands, 2 door, and must be manual as that is all I care to drive (only my 1st car i ever bought was an auto). White and Blue are my 2 favorites, but anything other than Black I’d entertain.

Hopefully within the next few months I find one at a decent price, otherwise I’ll have to wait.

I attached pictures of my GTO and Ranger along with my previous Ranger.

800CF209-853A-4BE1-8B47-90ABB88FB8AC.jpeg

40469441-860A-4F3D-851A-3378DADCFDE4.jpeg

93B75C60-8F91-4950-AE5D-D924DDD50A96.jpeg
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welcome! Many of us here....I think you'll find us in the Northern Illinois THREAD not group....

Broncoguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Welcome! I miss the size of the older Rangers. The new ones are a lot bigger now.

Nice GTO! I’ve always wanted a GTO. I think 2005 is when they got a bigger engine and separate dual exhaust.:)

Are you hoping to find a Bronco on dealer lots? I was hoping to do that and maybe get lucky finding one, but I’m sure dealerships will mark them up.

OP
OP
Hot cheetos

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome! I miss the size of the older Rangers. The new ones are a lot bigger now.

Nice GTO! I’ve always wanted a GTO. I think 2005 is when they got a bigger engine and separate dual exhaust.:)

Are you hoping to find a Bronco on dealer lots? I was hoping to do that and maybe get lucky finding one, but I’m sure dealerships will mark them up.
Agreed on the size of the old rangers, part of why I was excited by the bronco, I don’t care for what they did to the Ranger.

You are correct about the GTO getting the LS2 in the 05 model and having the 2 exhaust exits.

I am open to either slightly used or new, but the price needs to be right since I don’t NEED a new vehicle. If I did find a Sasquatch badlands 2 door with manual at MSRP I’d walk away with it that day for sure.

Sponsored

Broncoguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed on the size of the old rangers, part of why I was excited by the bronco, I don’t care for what they did to the Ranger.

You are correct about the GTO getting the LS2 in the 05 model and having the 2 exhaust exits.

I am open to either slightly used or new, but the price needs to be right since I don’t NEED a new vehicle. If I did find a Sasquatch badlands 2 door with manual at MSRP I’d walk away with it that day for sure.
Hopefully we’ll both luck out! I miss the days of dealerships having a full inventory. I wish I could go to a Ford dealership and choose from a whole line of Broncos. Maybe one day...

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully we’ll both luck out! I miss the days of dealerships having a full inventory. I wish I could go to a Ford dealership and choose from a whole line of Broncos. Maybe one day...
Seems like you end up settling tho. I prefer getting exactly what I want... Well to the extent of Ford's stupid build packages.....

Broncoguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seems like you end up settling tho. I prefer getting exactly what I want... Well to the extent of Ford's stupid build packages.....
I can see that. When I bought cars off the lot in the past, they weren’t always the exact color I wanted or they didn’t have some options I wanted. It was a compromise.

I would order a Bronco if they had normal production times and not a long delay. I am also hesitant to order because some dealerships are marking up Broncos on people’s orders they placed a year and a half ago. I know they can, and probably are, marking up Broncos that weren’t ordered.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the forum!
I always liked the mid-late 90’s 4WD Rangers. Used to off-road with a buddy who had one and it was pretty capable!
I had a lowly ‘93 2.3 Manual one but one of the best trucks Ive ever had. Picked up a ‘96 Splash and it was the worst one I’ve ever had (bought it well used and it was horrible).
Always liked the GTO as well. One of the few rides GM did ok by, even if it was a rebadged Holden. I liked the style, size, and power they brought.
always dreamed of finding a wrecked one and transplanting the power train and interior into my old 78 C10. But that never happened.
best of luck on your Bronco journey.
If it were me, I’d find a good MSRP (at most) deal and get one ordered.
keep that ace in your pocket while you look for one for sale on a lot.
Worst case is you save up funds as you search and end up with your order at some point maybe sooner or maybe later than you anticipated.
Stranger things have happened in this whole ordeal.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should join our Chicagoland Broncos Facebook group (link in signature) to network with other locals.

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Order what you want from a dealer that has already been proven to deliver on the MSRP promise. You might have it delivered a lot sooner than you think and you can still keep your eyes open while you wait.

Nice GTO. Reminds me of my '06 that was also black with 6 sp. I absolutely loved the way it drove and handled. Only GM product I've ever had.

OP
OP
Hot cheetos

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Appreciate the welcomes and advice.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ive been eyeing the new bronco for awhile and have been kicking myself for not ordering one at a dealer promising sticker pricing. I know some of you are still waiting on your order, so I wouldn’t have necessarily gotten one yet.

I haven’t had a newer car since 2005 when I bought my GTO. I’ve had a couple beater Rangers as daily drivers. The current one is lifted with some bigger tires and exhaust, but otherwise stock.

Im not set in stone on which Bronco Id want, but likely a Badlands, 2 door, and must be manual as that is all I care to drive (only my 1st car i ever bought was an auto). White and Blue are my 2 favorites, but anything other than Black I’d entertain.

Hopefully within the next few months I find one at a decent price, otherwise I’ll have to wait.

I attached pictures of my GTO and Ranger along with my previous Ranger.

Ford Bronco New from IL 93B75C60-8F91-4950-AE5D-D924DDD50A96

Welcome! I got my Bronco from Grangers in Iowa below invoice!