First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Defender Trophy Edition, 20 Ranger, 911SC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, I went through the first 7 pages of this thread and then the last. I have a possible theory that I haven’t seen yet. If this theory is already out there, I apologize.

Could it possibly be that Ford underestimated the reservations so severely, that they would rather keep pushing things back with the hope that a large number of people will cancel their reservations, as opposed to the pr disaster that will result in not being able to fulfill our reservations for 1 1/2 years?
Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This mike Levine talks in tounges he says one thing than 2 min later does a 180 a d says the opposite how can you trust someone like that wtf
He is a little bit of a squirrel

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If that’s the case, I’d be happy. I’d be surprised if getting to lux cost only $3,000. That’s a lot of upgrades coming all the way from the bottom.
Yeah that's why I put $4000. This would probably be the option I would give up if pricing gets stupid. I'd settle for the High Package.

There is NO way a maxed out badlands is going to cost the starting cost of a wildtrak. Think AT LEAST 5k more
Yep I agree with you but a 4-door Wildtrak is $51,370. My estimate is $4K over that.

I think if this were an OB build, lux will be less than $3k, since mid is standard. I think Sasquatch will be $3-4k.
Yeah I think you are right on the Lux on the OB. Sasquatch I think will be fairly cheap on the Badlands since it already includes pretty much everything standard except for the 35s and wheels.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4-door is 51.3k so relatively close. And that starts with the medium package. Lux is still 2 away. Going from standard to lux is going to be stupid pricey
If you want to change the goalposts, he was still close to the 5k estimate put forth. ??‍♂

Giddy Up

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer, 2021 Bronco, 2019 Yamaha
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We lived through the Great Toilet Paper Shortage of 2020 - Ford Motor is experiencing their second wave of a shortage now. It probably wouldn't be so bad for Ford if Chevy didn't mess their pants with the Blazer and Jeep didn't do the same when they saw the new Bronco.

Sponsored

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If it would save the rest of us from having to listen to a bunch of whiners, I certainly agree with you. Bail on out. There’s no indication December wasn’t always the time when it was going to be revealed, everyone just ran with a “reliable source” that seems to be unreliable. Literally nothing has changed except your expectations because you listened to someone in the internet instead of waiting for Ford to announce it.
Where's the fun in not whining? Pretty sure that's what most message boards are, especially when regarding a consumer product. Youre always welcome to not read my comments if you're bothered by the "whining", especially on a thread basically dedicated to bitching.

I'll leave my $100 deposit for the time being, if they fix or change things before my $100 is no longer refundable, ill pull it.

Now back to complaining

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s not about us knowing the pricing it’s about the dealer knowing it. Locking a dealer before we know how they will respond to the pricing is insane.
It seems regardless of when you or the dealer know the price, it will still be MSRP. It seems like some expect to be able to negotiate. That probably won't happen until at least the 2nd year. The only reason you wouldn't want to lock in a dealer is if you think they' pull something shady. If you lock into that kind of dealer, nothing will stop them from pulling their tricks at purchase.

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In a world of immediate gratification... there are a lot of disgruntled and disappointed people.

Patience people, patience.
Its not immediate gratification though.... We've been waiting years for the reveal... they delayed the reveal again for covid, then again for a stupid Birthday conflict. Then the vehicle production is probably going to be delayed some more. Then the news of how we can option our vehicles/pricing (you know the most important thing) gets delayed to the same month we are supposedly ordering the darn thing. Don't tell me this is instant gratification as we've been waiting a long time for this. Everyone has the right to be annoyed.

Last edited:

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you want to change the goalposts, he was still close to the 5k estimate put forth. ??‍♂
lux from standard is going to be like 6k+. People just have pie in the sky expectations and theres going to be a lot of disappointment when pricing goes live. 4-door Fe was like 63k? Expect a loaded badlands to be very similar.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Build & Price is not the configurator - Dealer Build Tool

Let's wait and see when it really comes out.

Been out of pocket today and this firestorm shure took off.

Terminology is important so be careful with the auto industry terminology

The 3rd tweet indicated it but no one picked up on it...

There is only so much Mark can say in public.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve got to admit, this has been a wild ride. I’ve never bought a new vehicle, and I’ve never paid attention to a new vehicle release before, but I’ve been beyond hyped about the Bronco for a long time.

The lack of communication has been incredibly frustrating, as has the contradictory information put out in official releases by Ford.

I was riding high after the reveal, managed to snag a FE reservation, and a second one for a badlands as a backup. Even bought some Ford stock (first stock purchase ever), not for X-plan, just for the fun of watching it and getting immersed in the whole process.

But now, I feel like the hits just keep on coming, in a bad way. My biggest complaints (as if anyone cares) In order of frustration level:

1. no tailgate - mind blowing miss in my opinion
2. Fifty shades of grey - full disclosure, I’d probably get gray or silver anyway, unless there was a nice green, but having almost no fun/unique colors seems silly
3. Limited interior options - Or at the least poor communication of what’s available
4. Tow rating - I know they benchmarked Wrangler for everything, but I have no interest in a Wrangler and don’t care what its capabilities are, I want a Bronco to be a Bronco, not a replacement Wrangler.
5. delays, radio silence, terse/non-committal responses - self explanatory

Having said all that, I’m not canceling my reservations yet, and I may still buy one. I was pleasantly surprised to see how big it is, was expecting it to be too small for me. Love the off-road tech (which I admittedly have little use for) and of course the factory Squatch looks amazing. They did so much right, but did some major things wrong, in my opinion, and it’s caused me quite a bit of internal back and forth about whether to buy, wait, or jump ship altogether.

/rant off

*edit: corrected non-communal to non-committal

Nailed it.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my guesstimate on my build. I think it will be pretty close, but who knows.

44,600....................4-Door Badlands
4,000.......................Lux Package Upgrade
3,000.......................2.7 / 10 Speed
1,500........................Sasquatch
1,500........................Color Matched Hardtop
500...........................Towing Package

55,100.....................Total MSRP
I hope you’re right with this, but Im not sure. I think this is just the leather seats away from the first edition which is 62k. I think that makes this a 60k build.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So how the Hell can i make changes to my reservation by October 31st if the price configuration isn't up until December? I reserved a Base in hoping the Sasquatch package is affordable. If the Sasquatch package is way too much then I want the Black Diamond.
If we want to change our model we have to do by Oct 31st?!

phishphood

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Build & Price is not the configurator - Dealer Build Tool

Let's wait and see when it really comes out.

Been out of pocket today and this firestorm shure took off.

Terminology is important and everything so be careful with the auto industry terminology
people like torches and pitchforks, so your logic may not be appreciated ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.