Status
Not open for further replies.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wait rubicons are now 0-72?

Jeep website Still says 3.9 for 72.
Jeep is putting lipstick on a pig. Since Jeep doesn't reign in on their stealerships over pricing, a customer is still going to over pay if he or she doesn't do the homework.

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
My guess is we’ll see pricing the first part of December and orders won’t be until the end of the month.
Thats what I think as well. But I can see all kinds of stuff getting pushed back because of Covid-19.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stupid question, what does locking down a dealer and placing our orders have to do with each other?
If you're not already familiar with your dealer, it's a little challenging to have a useful conversation when no one knows anything. Nobody knows prices or option availability, so that makes things tougher when trying to feel out a dealer.

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Richtor I totally understand that, I am far from new to the game...

That being said the car business like many others has a language of its it's own.

If you go back and look at the first 3 twits (yes that is what I call tweets) you will see the differentiation.

Mike should not be leaving things like that in the air, however I think he just answers correctly but without total context.
Maybe the Communications Director of freaking Ford should give a S about things like context. That guy isn't good at his job. He's worse at Twitter than Trump. Ok. Maybe not that bad.

Sponsored

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What happened to August? And why is it that we have to get our info from Levine’s Twitter replies? Such bs.

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve got to admit, this has been a wild ride. I’ve never bought a new vehicle, and I’ve never paid attention to a new vehicle release before, but I’ve been beyond hyped about the Bronco for a long time.

The lack of communication has been incredibly frustrating, as has the contradictory information put out in official releases by Ford.

I was riding high after the reveal, managed to snag a FE reservation, and a second one for a badlands as a backup. Even bought some Ford stock (first stock purchase ever), not for X-plan, just for the fun of watching it and getting immersed in the whole process.

But now, I feel like the hits just keep on coming, in a bad way. My biggest complaints (as if anyone cares) In order of frustration level:

1. no tailgate - mind blowing miss in my opinion
2. Fifty shades of grey - full disclosure, I’d probably get gray or silver anyway, unless there was a nice green, but having almost no fun/unique colors seems silly
3. Limited interior options - Or at the least poor communication of what’s available
4. Tow rating - I know they benchmarked Wrangler for everything, but I have no interest in a Wrangler and don’t care what its capabilities are, I want a Bronco to be a Bronco, not a replacement Wrangler.
5. delays, radio silence, terse/non-committal responses - self explanatory

Having said all that, I’m not canceling my reservations yet, and I may still buy one. I was pleasantly surprised to see how big it is, was expecting it to be too small for me. Love the off-road tech (which I admittedly have little use for) and of course the factory Squatch looks amazing. They did so much right, but did some major things wrong, in my opinion, and it’s caused me quite a bit of internal back and forth about whether to buy, wait, or jump ship altogether.

/rant off

*edit: corrected non-communal to non-committal
Many, including myself, are in the same boat. I think it's just easier to turn off until Mid October and hope some of this works itself out. Not much we can do anyway, except get frustrated.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Richtor I totally understand that, I am far from new to the game...

That being said the car business like many others has a language of its it's own.

If you go back and look at the first 3 twits (yes that is what I call tweets) you will see the differentiation.

Mike should not be leaving things like that in the air, however I think he just answers correctly but without total context.
Welcome to the world of Mr Levine. Nothing he says means much of anything, whether on purpose or not I can't figure out. The fact his title is Product Communications manager is mind boggling because he is probably the worst communicator on the face of the planet.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He is inside Ford.

Dealers get our information somewhat after that.

Still plenty of time prior to Oct 31st.

Told you they were watching 6G.

I dont think they liked the uproar out here.

Excellent job Forum members!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.