First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape/Jeep Sahara 4XE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am a day one reservation holder with many of the options that are affected by the delays (Wild Track, MIC, Tow, Lux..) Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who have taken the time to share the information and updates about the ordering process, never ending delays, and constant bad news about the roll out of the new Bronco. It is sincerely appreciated.

With that said, I wanted to highlight my frustration with the dealer I chose to work with on my Bronco order. I made my reservation with Apple Ford thinking that going with a high-volume dealer would increase my chances of getting my Bronco early. That was an epic fail. They are about an hour away from where I live, so it isn't easy to walk in and confront them directly. I have been calling and e-mailing the dealer asking for updates, and inquiring about changing my order (dropping the tow package) and not gotten a single response back. The people I talk to always say it is some other persons job and they will have them call me back. I was also curious if it will be possible to switch to a MY22 if the Everglades Green is confirmed, as that is the color I truly want (it hadn't been announced when I placed my order). But until this morning - hadn't gotten any reply.

What is incredible is that my frustrations finally drove me to post a bad review of Apple Ford on Google (I rarely ever leave reviews). So I posted this at about 11:00 AM EDT on 6/26.:

"I’m a day one Bronco reservation holder and I greatly regret having chosen Apple Ford as my dealer. They have been completely incompetent throughout the process and have not communicated anything to me. 100% of the information I have been able to obtain has been through the forums on non-Ford websites from other dealers that have updated their customers throughout the process. When I converted my reservation to an order in January, I knew more about the option packages, codes and combinations than Apple Ford. It was sad. I have called and emailed multiple times and no one can answer my questions and they completely fail to get back to me when they say they will. At this point I want to change my order to increase my chances of getting a MY21, but I can’t get any response. I feel completely helpless. I suppose they have no incentive to take care of me as a customer since the price of the Bronco is locked in. Who knows. Last note - when someone screws up my order at a restaurant, I just eat it and say thanks. I’ve left maybe 4-5 reviews in my entire life. So the fact that I am even posting this should be indicative of my frustration level. Just go somewhere else. These guys don’t care."

1624722126319.png

And incredibly - I finally got a response from the dealer within 15 minutes!

Apparently there are two Shane Sanders with Bronco orders at Apple Ford! So when he hit reply to my e-mails, apparently they went to the wrong one. Also love the BS in the email. How are these guys not paying attention? Did they not read the mass e-mails Ford sent out on 6/25? Chips had nothing to do with it! Everything I have read about the delays are associated with constraints *other* than the global chip shortage (I read that impacted the Bronco Sport but not the Bronco. Wait--- I wonder if the guys at Apple Ford submitted my order for a Sport and not an actual Bronco! I better call Ford directly and see if they can tell me)

Whatever. Does anyone know if there is a way to change dealers at this point? I am guessing no.

I think the purpose of this post was primarily therapeutic. I'm sure may of us are feeling this way at this point. Thanks for listening. Let's hope the deliveries start rolling out in force sooner than later.

1624728205013.png
Just checking; did you ever get your bronco? Did they try to charge beyond the MSRP? I was assigned Apple (never got the chance to pick) and I had to stop by the office to get info..... Just wanted to know how it ended up....
Sponsored

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey.. did you ever get your Bronco? Did they try to up the cost?
Hey long story short (I forget where I was in my process when I posted) but I backed out with AF and focused on finishing the deal with KF since I was told I’d still get a 2021 model (found out the salesman lied about that and it was going to be a 2022). They sprung the whole “dealer markup” situation on me later on but couldn’t specify how much it would be. Said “…it could be $1k, could be $5k, it could be $10k.” Once they told me that I basically could end up paying $70k-$80k I backed out quick.

I custom ordered a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited with a dealer in Parkville and got it delivered in 4 weeks and a day. It’s been over 3 months and I have zero regrets, haha.

OP
OP
BuckSatan666

BuckSatan666

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not yet. My build was a 21 WildTrak and it had not been scheduled when Ford pulled the plug on all 2021 hard top orders back in August. I went to Apple Ford in October and converted my order to a MY22 and went with the soft top and dropped the tow package. My order was scheduled a few weeks later for the week of 12/13. I believe all MY22 orders got pushed back a couple of times and now my build date is the week of 1/3. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it holds (please no omicron outbreaks at the MAP!!!!)

The dealership has been very responsive ever since this exchange. I know I was incredibly frustrated by all of the delays and did not understand why I couldn't get a call back or reply to e-mail, but everything has been good since.

I spoke with the lead Bronco sales manager in October and he was incredibly friendly and I am hopeful that everything will work out at MSRP. I haven't been given any reason as to why it won't be at this point. We'll see. I do have a signed sales agreement with the expected price, to include TT&L Everything I have read on Bronco6g indicates that is one of the most important things you can have to avoid ADM hassles.

Are you still waiting on an order? If so, what has been your experience?
Just checking; did you ever get your bronco? Did they try to charge beyond the MSRP? I was assigned Apple (never got the chance to pick) and I had to stop by the office to get info..... Just wanted to know how it ended up....

OP
OP
BuckSatan666

BuckSatan666

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey long story short (I forget where I was in my process when I posted) but I backed out with AF and focused on finishing the deal with KF since I was told I’d still get a 2021 model (found out the salesman lied about that and it was going to be a 2022). They sprung the whole “dealer markup” situation on me later on but couldn’t specify how much it would be. Said “…it could be $1k, could be $5k, it could be $10k.” Once they told me that I basically could end up paying $70k-$80k I backed out quick.

I custom ordered a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited with a dealer in Parkville and got it delivered in 4 weeks and a day. It’s been over 3 months and I have zero regrets, haha.
So Apple Ford told you there could be a markup on your 21 Bronco order? I would be curious to know who told you that at Apple Ford. Again, I have a signed sales agreement at MSRP plus a small dealer processing fee (which I am fine with paying). I hope it holds up.

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So Apple Ford told you there could be a markup on your 21 Bronco order? I would be curious to know who told you that at Apple Ford. Again, I have a signed sales agreement at MSRP plus a small dealer processing fee (which I am fine with paying). I hope it holds up.
No it was Koons Ford that told me about the dealer markup. That’s great they got a sales agreement situated with you.

Sponsored

sage729

Big Bend
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Big Bend soft top, Area 51, non SAS, mid pack
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am a day one reservation holder with many of the options that are affected by the delays (Wild Track, MIC, Tow, Lux..) Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who have taken the time to share the information and updates about the ordering process, never ending delays, and constant bad news about the roll out of the new Bronco. It is sincerely appreciated.

With that said, I wanted to highlight my frustration with the dealer I chose to work with on my Bronco order. I made my reservation with Apple Ford thinking that going with a high-volume dealer would increase my chances of getting my Bronco early. That was an epic fail. They are about an hour away from where I live, so it isn't easy to walk in and confront them directly. I have been calling and e-mailing the dealer asking for updates, and inquiring about changing my order (dropping the tow package) and not gotten a single response back. The people I talk to always say it is some other persons job and they will have them call me back. I was also curious if it will be possible to switch to a MY22 if the Everglades Green is confirmed, as that is the color I truly want (it hadn't been announced when I placed my order). But until this morning - hadn't gotten any reply.

What is incredible is that my frustrations finally drove me to post a bad review of Apple Ford on Google (I rarely ever leave reviews). So I posted this at about 11:00 AM EDT on 6/26.:

"I’m a day one Bronco reservation holder and I greatly regret having chosen Apple Ford as my dealer. They have been completely incompetent throughout the process and have not communicated anything to me. 100% of the information I have been able to obtain has been through the forums on non-Ford websites from other dealers that have updated their customers throughout the process. When I converted my reservation to an order in January, I knew more about the option packages, codes and combinations than Apple Ford. It was sad. I have called and emailed multiple times and no one can answer my questions and they completely fail to get back to me when they say they will. At this point I want to change my order to increase my chances of getting a MY21, but I can’t get any response. I feel completely helpless. I suppose they have no incentive to take care of me as a customer since the price of the Bronco is locked in. Who knows. Last note - when someone screws up my order at a restaurant, I just eat it and say thanks. I’ve left maybe 4-5 reviews in my entire life. So the fact that I am even posting this should be indicative of my frustration level. Just go somewhere else. These guys don’t care."

1624722126319.png

Apparently there are two Shane Sanders with Bronco orders at Apple Ford! So when he hit reply to my e-mails, apparently they went to the wrong one. Also love the BS in the email. How are these guys not paying attention? Did they not read the mass e-mails Ford sent out on 6/25? Chips had nothing to do with it! Everything I have read about the delays are associated with constraints *other* than the global chip shortage (I read that impacted the Bronco Sport but not the Bronco. Wait--- I wonder if the guys at Apple Ford submitted my order for a Sport and not an actual Bronco! I better call Ford directly and see if they can tell me)

Whatever. Does anyone know if there is a way to change dealers at this point? I am guessing no.

I think the purpose of this post was primarily therapeutic. I'm sure may of us are feeling this way at this point. Thanks for listening. Let's hope the deliveries start rolling out in force sooner than later.

1624728205013.png
I had a reservation with Apple as well but after I submitted my order with them in March 2021. I didn't hear anything from them until Nov when they told me my Bronco would be a 2022 because they just submitted the order to Ford. I'm glad that I had a reservation with Koons (Silver Springs) at the same time. Kyle Robson was great got my order submitted, had great communication, and I got my 4dr BB in Nov (MSRP). I'll probably even do all my maintenance there as well even though Koons is about 20-30 minutes away.

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1624722126319.png

1624728205013.png
Run away as fast as you can!! My dealer has been a rock star! Answered every call, e-mail and text! RUN FOREST RUN ! Got my truck last night for MSRP! No ADM! They are installing all my accessories for pickup Wednesday.
Ford Bronco Thank you, Bronco6g (Apple Ford in MD) 20211231_161844

Last edited:

maneal411

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape/Jeep Sahara 4XE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not yet. My build was a 21 WildTrak and it had not been scheduled when Ford pulled the plug on all 2021 hard top orders back in August. I went to Apple Ford in October and converted my order to a MY22 and went with the soft top and dropped the tow package. My order was scheduled a few weeks later for the week of 12/13. I believe all MY22 orders got pushed back a couple of times and now my build date is the week of 1/3. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it holds (please no omicron outbreaks at the MAP!!!!)

The dealership has been very responsive ever since this exchange. I know I was incredibly frustrated by all of the delays and did not understand why I couldn't get a call back or reply to e-mail, but everything has been good since.

I spoke with the lead Bronco sales manager in October and he was incredibly friendly and I am hopeful that everything will work out at MSRP. I haven't been given any reason as to why it won't be at this point. We'll see. I do have a signed sales agreement with the expected price, to include TT&L Everything I have read on Bronco6g indicates that is one of the most important things you can have to avoid ADM hassles.

Are you still waiting on an order? If so, what has been your experience?
Well, just like everyone else APFord was horrible at first. I put in my order in October 20' and heard nothing...for months, I was the one calling them. Finally, I said screw it and stopped by...I have had open communications with them for the last 6 months.. I do not have a sales agreement, but I reordered in October 21 and now have a production date of 1/17....do you have your window sticker? I'm patiently waiting..... Black Diamond, 2.7, tow, soft, rims, carbonized gray...fingers crossed.

OP
OP
BuckSatan666

BuckSatan666

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, just like everyone else APFord was horrible at first. I put in my order in October 20' and heard nothing...for months, I was the one calling them. Finally, I said screw it and stopped by...I have had open communications with them for the last 6 months.. I do not have a sales agreement, but I reordered in October 21 and now have a production date of 1/17....do you have your window sticker? I'm patiently waiting..... Black Diamond, 2.7, tow, soft, rims, carbonized gray...fingers crossed.
You know I hadn't checked to see if the window sticker was available in a while. Had lots of trouble with the tracking link that came in the e-mail from Ford when I was scheduled. Been relying on the "backdoor tracker" link that another forum member posted awhile back.

Ford Bronco Thank you, Bronco6g (Apple Ford in MD) 1641070035306

Just checked and still no window sticker posted. However it still says it is scheduled for production next week (1/3). When do the window stickers become available? Should it be posted by now? Or something that is created during or after production?

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They sprung the whole “dealer markup” situation on me later on but couldn’t specify how much it would be. Said “…it could be $1k, could be $5k, it could be $10k.” Once they told me that I basically could end up paying $70k-$80k I backed out quick.
At what point in the process did Koons Baltimore tell you about ADM?

Sponsored
OP
OP
BuckSatan666

BuckSatan666

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Run away as fast as you can!! My dealer has been a rock star! Answered every call, e-mail and text! RUN FOREST RUN ! Got my truck last night for MSRP! No ADM! They are installing all my accessories for pickup Wednesday.
Ford Bronco Thank you, Bronco6g (Apple Ford in MD) 1641070035306
Congrats! I hope i'll being doing the same soon. I tend to be a glass is half empty type, so not going to relax until I have the keys and am about to drive off the lot at Apple Ford.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have ordered multiple vehicles from Apple over the decades. During “ normal” times I never had an issue. That being said, my overall experience in my quest for a Bronco ,with EVERY local area dealer has been pretty lousy, except two. The dealer I ordered from ( not Apple) has not provided any updates via email or phone. I have to visit the dealership to acquire any info. My original sales rep has been absent, but a new sales rep I had the pleasure to connect with has been very good. A smaller Ford dealership, Academy Ford, has a fantastic rep who was well versed on Bronco facts and ordering process ( shenanigans). After speaking with them I wish I had ordered through them. Watching local dealers posting Broncos for sale I have noticed Koons is the king of gouging, and I am glad I didn’t go through them. In my many many years of Ford buying, I have realized that no dealership is “ there for you”. I have ordered and purchased Ford’s from about ten different local Ford dealers in my time. Unless you are a Fat Cat who buys a car every year, fleet purchases or exotics, you mean nothing to them. Trying to buy a vehicle under the current conditions, let alone one like a Bronco is painful to put it mildly.

jmjoyas

Big Bend
First Name
Joyas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSport, 2016 Volvo XC90 T8, 2010 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just checked and still no window sticker posted. However it still says it is scheduled for production next week (1/3). When do the window stickers become available? Should it be posted by now? Or something that is created during or after production?
Typically, the window sticker is available 5-7 days before the blend date. One is first scheduled to a "week" (your case 1/3/2022) and then to a "day" within that week. This day is the blend date and will be shown on your window sticker.
Try this direct link for the window sticker (add your vin after the =) -https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=

OP
OP
BuckSatan666

BuckSatan666

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Typically, the window sticker is available 5-7 days before the blend date. One is first scheduled to a "week" (your case 1/3/2022) and then to a "day" within that week. This day is the blend date and will be shown on your window sticker.
Try this direct link for the window sticker (add your vin after the =) -https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Much appreciated. Happy New Year!

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

At what point in the process did Koons Baltimore tell you about ADM?
Did you take your order with you? Or did you leave it with them to prosper off of someone else?
Sponsored