First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
His bad? We've got a 38 page thread ripping Ford a new one LOL. Ford might want to look for a new North America Product Communications Manager. WTH?
Because a multi billion, multi national business hangs on baited breath over what a couple thousand internet dweebs think. ??

But it is nice to see clear communication. But it’s still kinda vague and subject to change. ?

JK
Sponsored

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because a multi billion, multi national business hangs on baited breath over what a couple thousand internet dweebs think. ??

But it is nice to see clear communication. But it’s still kinda vague and subject to change. ?

JK
Actually, without the strong reaction here, there would've been no reason for Levine to clarify his poorly worded tweet. Clearly he recognized he caused enough "confusion" and we know they monitor the forum closely.

Yea a lot of people overreacted but in the end it got us some clearer answers as a group so it's a positive in my book.

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

JK
As much as I hate to say it your right, there’s 9,xxx members on this forum and 150,000 preorders. So even if every single member reserved one we don’t even make up 10%. I would say roughly half of us reserved two so even then it’s only 10% :LOL:

Sponsored

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Put on your tin foil hats everybody. What if the leaks/reveal and reservations were just to guage market interest and generate income to maybe produce something we might see in the next 3-5 years? Ford just got a $20mil plus loan from all of us for nothing. Just saying

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Put on your tin foil hats everybody. What if the leaks/reveal and reservations were just to guage market interest and generate income to maybe produce something we might see in the next 3-5 years? Ford just got a $20mil plus loan from all of us for nothing. Just saying
Did Ford really get the money or the Dealer? I know when I checked my statement it showed the dealers name on the reservation payment.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did Ford really get the money or the Dealer? I know when I checked my statement it showed the dealers name on the reservation payment.
I can't answer that honestly, I'm pretty sure that both of mine said FoMoCo, and not specific dealers. But I could be wrong

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
In the original now closed 40 page thread:

1) 1/2 the people were upset that build/price was “moved” to Dec

2) 1/2 the people were upset that the first 1/2 were upset

All of the upset could have been prevented by communicating ALL major milestones and related timing in the FAQ at launch. It would have eliminated at least a further 20% of other forum posts/subjects that have come about due to that same lack of upfront communication.

If you’re not ready to communicate that info, wait on the launch. DON’T communicate anything for the first time on Twitter.

The communication side of this, done correctly, would have taken a lot of pre-launch time and asking themselves a lot of hypothetical “what if“/“what will people want to know” questions.

Ford didn’t invest that time.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yup! Check your statements, money went to dealer you reserved with. Ford got none of the reservation money. This whole reservation process/dealer changes might have been smoother if the deposits went to them though

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Relax everybody, once they hit 250,000 reservations at $100 a piece, (25 mil) they'll be able to design, develop and test a new Bronco
150,000***. The 250,000 number was inaccurate. During their most recent earnings call a few days ago, they publicly stated they had 150,000 reservations for the Bronco.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup! Check your statements, money went to dealer you reserved with. Ford got none of the reservation money. This whole reservation process/dealer changes might have been smoother if the deposits went to them though
I completely believe you, I knew I spent $200 on reservations and to be honest, was too excited to really care where it went. But if Ford isn't getting a cut out of that reservation money I'll eat my boot
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.