Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 285/70R17 tires fit fine on the vehicle. I haven't had any rubbing of any kind with the Cooper tires. I also haven't tried any major articulation or taken it off road. I did have to trim the two rubber stops that are used to support the spare tire on the back swing door. We couldn't tighten the lugnuts securing the spare tire in place without trimming the rubber stops. I used a razor blade and took around 3/8" off the backside of the rubber stop. In this area here:

1641252931204.png

As for the General tires, what I'll say is that there was a notable buzz or harmonic type vibration in my Bronco. Especially at particular speeds (45-50 MPH AND 65-72 MPH). If I went 75, it would mostly go away. Right at speeds that are normal everyday speeds. I had the General tires rebalanced and rotated twice in 2000 miles. It was bad enough that I thought it was in the drivetrain since I balanced the tires twice. I finally decided to change the tires to some larger slightly less aggressive tires before going to the dealer to get the drivetrain looked at. Never had to go to the dealer. All of that loudness and vibration went away with the new tires. It was a major annoyance. So much so that I didn't want to drive it. Glad I spent the money on the new tires. Smooth as butter now. Maybe I had a bad set or something. IDK. But I don't want that tire on my Bronco anymore.
thanks for the info.
So I wonder if this means the rubber stop off of a stock badlands would work?
Sponsored

Sponsored

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Love my Black Diamond 2 door 😁

Ford Bronco Show me your Black Diamond Bronco's! 1641760975424
Those are my favorite wheels of the whole Bronco range. Generally, I'm not a fan of black cars, but that looks awesome. 2-door is best door (y) .

Sponsored

Sassy BD

Black Diamond
First Name
DD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Grand Wagoneer, 16 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love the fastback soft top! Gonna order one when my Bronco is delivered. Question, hard to tell from photo is this Iconic Silver or Cactus Gray?
Thats what I love about this color! Subtle changes. Cactus Gray.

Sassy BD

Black Diamond
First Name
DD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Grand Wagoneer, 16 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You guys ever take yours off any sweet jumps?

205A9365-59E0-4619-8AFB-6DEB27E6C9CB.jpeg

rhymeswithbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think this is the first BD I've seen with the capable bumper, looks great! I'm glad I didn't spend the extra money on the modular now because about the only modifications I have planned at this point are adding a bunch of mud and dog hair.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Show me your Black Diamond Bronco's! Black Diamond
Sponsored