Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
I felt like this topic needed it's own thread . . .

In the small SUV thread "Nanook" had an epiphany that we might have been looking at the Ranger based bronco the whole time. I think he might be right and Ford wants to surprise with a Raptor based Bronco (I know this has been disputed by people more knowledgeable than me). This logic makes sense when you put together the puzzle pieces of all the spy shots. Plus, all of the mule shots.

Look closely at the front end (headlights) of the pics from dealer meeting. These are two different vehicles. In my opinion we are looking at the crossover and ranger based broncos.

both.png

Crossover Lightened, rendered & mule:

lightened.jpg

ford-baby-bronco-render.jpg

bronco scout.jpg

All available Ranger Bronco pics & mule:

Ranger Bronco.jpg

bronco sport.jpg

If the above is true, than what is this?

fsb leaked.jpg

FSB rendered & mule:

fsb tarp.jpg

New-Bronco-Rendering-gear-patrol-slide-7-1940x1300.jpg

bronco.jpg

Hidden in plain sight? or maybe I lost my mind?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
This has been absolutely beaten to death. There is no full size bronco in the pipeline. The F-150 mule is not Bronco related. The test mules we’ve been seeing are so god awful and shitty because they are powertrain mules, they are 0% what the Bronco will actually look like. Ford themselves have confirmed the Bronco will be ranger based as well.

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well...I like yer imagination, it gives me something to think about VS Nothing substantial from Ford, Yet!

Within the next two weeks, we'll be discussing how much we Love or Hate the BB!

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good job on the renderings, the baby broncos are spot on.

I agree everything Ford has released states the next gen Ranger will be the base for the new Bronco and that will compete with the 4Runner and stock Wranglers/Rubicons in the market.
BUT
Fords good at keeping secrets
People would be saying “no way” if they heard before announced:
2005 Ford GT
Original Raptor
Flat Plane Crank V8
10spd transmission designed with GM
New Ford GT to win LeMans
Return of 7.3L pushrod V8
Twin Turbo v6’s would be the volume selling motors for F150’s

It’s wishful thinking right now that a FSB will happen and as I’ve stated before it’s fun to dream.
However, a FSB raptor f150 based creates a vehicle that doesn’t compete with anything, gives them freedom to create a retro limited run specialty vehicle based on an aging platform, cheap for ford to make, gets media attention, people into dealerships and “if” it doesn’t sell after its first year it can easily be scrapped and not configured on the new F150 line.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mountain Bronco

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree it is probably wishful thinking that a full size bronco is in the pipeline.

However, ignoring the mules and FSB debate, just focusing on the pics that Ford has released it appears there are three completely different vehicles:

1. Maroon crossover looking one - lower to ground - Small Rugged Utility ?
2. Orange & Silver - higher to ground, no spare on back - Baby Bronco ?
3. Shadow behind pic - spare on back - Flag Ship Bronco ?

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The maroon crossover looking one was the first rendering/prototype for the Baby Bronco. I can't remember the source right now but apparently they went in a different direction wanting a more rugged look to it. Hence now the more squared off front end.

The tarp Bronco's dimensions are that of a midsize. A user on here did some rendering and a video. That should be what the 6G is going to be for the most part though it was said that was just a clay model.

As for the FSB that is just a pipe dream right now. Apparently that Raptor mule was just for drivetrain testing but honestly who really knows.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mountain Bronco

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the video, I have not seen that yet.

I hope the vehicle under the tarp is the 2 door version. The author of the video estimates the wheelbase at 103". The Jeep JL 4 door wheelbase is 118" (2 door 97").

For my family of 4, with two grown boys, I need the rear legroom of the Jeep JL 4 door. If there is not enough rear legroom of the 4 door bronco, it will eliminate me from a buyer. I will be disappointed.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the video, I have not seen that yet.

I hope the vehicle under the tarp is the 2 door version. The author of the video estimates the wheelbase at 103". The Jeep JL 4 door wheelbase is 118" (2 door 97").

For my family of 4, with two grown boys, I need the rear legroom of the Jeep JL 4 door. If there is not enough rear legroom of the 4 door bronco, it will eliminate me from a buyer. I will be disappointed.
The thing under the tarp is a pile of clay and filler, but it was probably representative of the 2-door Bronco. The shadow silhouette behind the small utility (baby) from the NV dealer meeting is probably representative of the 4-door Bronco.

From what little we can decipher from the mules, the 4-door looks like it will be a 112" wheelbase ( same as the Everest). The Frankenmules use Ranger bodies, and the long one is an extended cab while the short one is a regular cab, so that probably puts the 2-door Bronco toe to toe with the Wrangler at a 96" wheelbase.

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The maroon crossover looking one was the first rendering/prototype for the Baby Bronco. I can't remember the source right now but apparently they went in a different direction wanting a more rugged look to it. Hence now the more squared off front end.

The tarp Bronco's dimensions are that of a midsize. A user on here did some rendering and a video. That should be what the 6G is going to be for the most part though it was said that was just a clay model.

As for the FSB that is just a pipe dream right now. Apparently that Raptor mule was just for drivetrain testing but honestly who really knows.
The thing that bugs me about the SWB raptor and the claims that it’s a test mule for running gear, just doesn’t seem right. Like they’re testing a shortened drive shaft? The raptor drive train has been in production for nearly 5 years. We all know it’s getting a limited edition model with the gt500 motto but the odds of that being in that truck and Ford making a SWB raptor are much slimmer than a FSB.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The thing that bugs me about the SWB raptor and the claims that it’s a test mule for running gear, just doesn’t seem right. Like they’re testing a shortened drive shaft? The raptor drive train has been in production for nearly 5 years. We all know it’s getting a limited edition model with the gt500 motto but the odds of that being in that truck and Ford making a SWB raptor are much slimmer than a FSB.
I agree. Have you noticed the deep scratches on the body of that truck? It looks like it’s been out wheeling somewhere.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The thing that bugs me about the SWB raptor and the claims that it’s a test mule for running gear, just doesn’t seem right....
Drivetrain. Engines, transmisions, transfer cases, differentials, knuckles, brakes, etc. There is tons of stuff that doesn't care what the wheelbase is, or how long the axle or drive shaft is --- or in some cases is easier to test when those parts are shorter because it has less parasitic loss.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had a very lengthy discussion on this when that test mule was first spotted and posted and you can check that thread.

Apparently, according to Mr Buzzkill Nickp, the short Raptor test mule was for testing the parts of the new Tremor package for the F250. He claims to know everything because of a “buddy”. However, I do tend to believe him as user Carmaker1, tended to confirm his statements and I believe him/her.

It is indeed still very odd that they would create this weird shortened Raptor as a test mule but alas it appears to be just that.
Sponsored