Sponsored

If Ford were to make a full size bronco...

If Ford were to make a full size Bronco again would you like to see it F150 based or F250 based?

• F-150

Votes: 61 69.3%
  • F-250

Votes: 27 30.7%

• Total voters

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure if this exact topic has been covered. To those who would like to see Ford launch a full size Bronco after the new Ranger based Bronco in 2021 what platform would you like to see adopted/adapted? This may sound silly at first as the super duty platform is seemingly overkill but there are plenty of pros and cons to start a discussion.

Assumptions:
Similar classic styling in either case, much like what we expect for the midsize Bronco
Size (exterior profile) we can pretty much assume they will be the same, right now they actually share the same cab.
The Super Duty is a couple grand heavier in the chassis/powertrain.
Both platforms would have gas and diesel offerings.

Pros/cons
Super Duty platform already has a chassis designed for solid front axle (for you SFA boys ;) )
F-150 already has a Raptor DNA (for you go fast boys ;) )
Super Duty has the axle twisting Powerstroke diesel
Raptor has the lighter peppier HO Eco boost
Super Duty is heavier, beefier powertrain and chassis, but more to lug around

and many more I'm sure, but I'm curious what you guys think?

Here is a good build for a short wheelbase Super duty, representative of what an F-250 based Bronco could be like
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is quite possibly the dumbest thread Iā€™ve seen on this board yet.

ā€œIf my grandma had wheels she wouldā€™ve been a bikeā€

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey now, Nickp I've gone easy on you and your "source" ;). Its no secret you and I are fans of the midsize Bronco for reasons we have BOTH expressed. Now if and that's obviously a big IF Ford makes a full size Bronco it very well could be on either of these platforms. Are either likely anytime in the next 5 years? No. Do you or your source know definitively the product development trajectory in 5-10+ years? no!

They already announced the Tremor, and I know that they would like to expand the off-road cred of the Brand. Do I think a "superduty" Bronco is particularly likely? no, not really, specifically because they already announced the Tremor...

This is a discussion where we can explore the pros and cons of either option, for fun, as you do on forums. NOT speculation, just good ole preference.

Next time I want to discuss something fun, i'll consider constructing a safe space instead

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is the Bronco6G forum, and as Iā€™ve stated before stuff like this continues to muddy the waters about what the Bronco will be. Thereā€™s enough misinformation as it stands and everything posted about a ā€œfull size broncoā€ continues that. If you want to discuss future vehicles that died before they even became an idea you can start a Bronco āˆžG forum.

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is literally the "General Ford Bronco" discussion. I could care less if you think this muddies the waters, if readers are too stupid to tell the difference between intelligent speculation and creative discussion that's on them. You for example have your own source, so you "know" what's coming. I too know what's coming, I AM a source, there's not a single thing I have learned or can learn from you, your source, or anyone on here. There is still obviously information I have withheld that is confidential. I am here to occasionally steer the discussion the right way on intelligent speculative posts, and to see what people want/are interested in with creative discussion posts, and to have a good time with fellow Bronco/off-road enthusiasts. I suggest you try enjoying it too, leave a vote, or not, IDC.

It's in the post, right now I'm interested to see what people want/like. And guess what, maybe 5 years down the road I'll have some say in this stuff at Ford, and I'll build FSB's just to spite you ;)

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree with your thoughts for discussion but even being the big FSB fan I am, I agree with NickP on this one.

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:thumbsup:

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I donā€™t think a raptor based FSB is half assing it. No one would tow more than a pop up trailer or motorcycles/atv with a short wheelbase set up. Since the cab is the same on the super duty and f150 the interior dimensions of this hypothetical vehicle would be similar. I know thereā€™s the argument for a SFA if super duty based but thatā€™s about it.
Raptor FSB all the way!

DonovanJM

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, 2014 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Damn there are some serious if you don't think my way you are wrong people in this forum. I didn't realize "what if?" posts along with fun were banned on here. I actually think it's fun. Especially since there hasn't been any real new information in awhile. Though there has been a lot of people tying to point out how they are smarter than everyone else on here. Maybe that is what people think of as entertainment nowadays.

Me? I think a shorter wheelbase SD based FSB would kickass. Not really practical but kickass anyway!

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get how it could be skewed as anti-fun but I just would rather see discussion thatā€™s grounded in reality. You donā€™t see any discussion for if the Bronco is going to have a hand cranked engine or be a hovercraft because itā€™s simply not going to happen. I wonā€™t discount that maybe 5+ years from now Ford may build a FSB again but it may as well be 1,000 years away for the context of this forum.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As soon as I saw this thread I knew Nickp would be running around in it like a Nun with a ruler in an orgy. This is all blasphemous talk that gets his panties twisted up.
Only real news articles are going to "muddy the waters".

I think it's fun to hypothesize about and always brings up an interesting take on how people like to use their Broncos. That's the beauty of an all purpose off-road vehicle. The Bronco is the perfect platform to design it for your wants and needs. I mean this is the place to discuss this. These are all valid wants and needs. Plus who knows maybe if the Bronco is highly successful Ford will take a look at what they can do more with the Bronco name. They are already thinking of a Gladiator competitor. A Bronco SD or Raptor sounds like an even better idea if you ask me. None of these may ever happen and I'm perfectly content with (finally) a new midsize Bronco. However, it's great to think and discuss other future possibilities. This is how progress is made and how the Bronco6G came to be in the first place.

Now to answer the perfectly reasonable question: I'd rather see a fullsize Raptor Bronco and keep the midsize for trails. It sure would be cool to have a SD Bronco though. In a perfect world Id have a fleet of Broncos.

Last edited:

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
IF they make an FSB, I would want to see it on F150 Raptor running gear (preferably with a wheelbase at least as short as that mule we saw) rather than SD.

With how good Ford has been at keeping secrets in the past, I'll never rule anything out. Most other manufacturers I would be more skeptical about, but they somehow made the Ford GT materialize out of nowhere...

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I vote F-250 frame and axles with F-150 engine and trans to save a little weight.
Sponsored