Sponsored

Soft top owners - how are you washing your bronco?

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Winter has finally hit Michigan and the salt trucks are out in full effect working as hard as they can to ruin our vehicles.

Ive never owned a soft top vehicle before… how are y’all keeping yours clean? My last new vehicle got weekly touchless car washes to keep the salt away… but I’ve heard even touchless can mess up a soft top?

Any advice? I’m certainly not washing it in my driveway when it’s 15 degrees outside…
Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stop at a diy wash bay for a quick sud and spray.
I haven't cleaned the soft top yet.
I'm debating parking it for the rest of winter to keep it salt free, but it's just so fun to drive!
Might try this to wash in the garage at home...
Chemical Guys CWS20916 Swift Wipe Sprayable Waterless Car Wash, Easily Clean - Just Spray & Wipe, 16 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079JY1HD...abc_2YTCG5BFWRPCAHW68WE5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

timgarrett

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m curious too. A previous thread had a general consensus that we shouldn’t. Obviously never for those with brushes. Also never with guide tracks (that pull your Bronco through the car wash) if you have Sasquatch.

But I want to know if any B6G member has taken a soft top through a touch-less, self drive car wash and noticed any damage or problem.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Car wash. Just like any other car.
Yep, I ran mine through a tunnel type with no issues
edit: I can’t say that I wasn’t nervous while doing so 🤣

Last edited:

Sponsored

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I plan on buying a Bestop soft top for my 2dr this spring so I have no specific experience with the Bronco yet but I’ve had a dual top Wrangler for several years and I’ve never had any issues with the car wash (and yes, a touch-less, self drive car wash).

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m curious too. A previous thread had a general consensus that we shouldn’t. Obviously never for those with brushes. Also never with guide tracks (that pull your Bronco through the car wash) if you have Sasquatch.

But I want to know if any B6G member has taken a soft top through a touch-less, self drive car wash and noticed any damage or problem.
Ya I’ve heard these no no’s as well. While I get using touchless wash if possible(non existent in my area) what I don’t get is the no guide tracks. I’ve ran my F350 with 35x12.50’s through a track wash 2-3 times a week for years. Not a single issue.

The only thing I get worried about is will the idiot in front of me put their car in drive and move as I inch closer. There have been some close calls.

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ya I’ve heard these no no’s as well. While I get using touchless wash if possible(non existent in my area) what I don’t get is the no guide tracks. I’ve ran my F350 with 35x12.50’s through a track wash 2-3 times a week for years. Not a single issue.

The only thing I get worried about is will the idiot in front of me put their car in drive and move as I inch closer. There have been some close calls.
I have ran my soft top Sasquatch through a guide track touch less car wash a couple times now. No issues whatsoever. I think some guide track car washes may not be wide enough is the concern. Not a problem at my local car wash.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My touchless last week left a pretty good amount of soap on the back window. Got home to wipe down, top was barely dried and dripping onto the body and freezing.

Wiped off the excess water, top eventually dried, and soap came right off using the excess water from earlier.

Overall would do again, but definitely not the best.

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

went through reg car wash yesterday and all fine. i have the JCR pre runner bar. Like always, I stop at the gas station and use the window wiper bush to clean off the grill, etc, before I go through.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Touch less car wash that you pull into and sit there while it does its thing. Not amazingly clean, especially if I've got mud on it, but only $25 a month for 8 washes, which is twice a week if needed. Does just fine in the car wash. A TINY bit of water gets through on the rear drivers side part of the soft top, but I probably just need to open it and close it to reseat it. NBD.

Last edited:

BroncoPVC

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,Sas, 4dr, Soft Top, Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I ran mine through a tunnel type with no issues
edit: I can’t say that I wasn’t nervous while doing so 🤣
Me too. Now I do it all the time.

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ran my badlands Sasquatch soft top through a touch less wash that had a wheel track the other day. Zero issues. It was perfectly fine. It was pretty loud but i looked around and water did not get in anywhere.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I get my Trektop installed on Friday, so I’ll be through my first touchless car wash with a soft top soon!
Sponsored