Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I must say that the standard hardtop looks great for colors like Area 51 and Cactus Grey, but the coloration and the name of the color is lacking a proper description.
If I pick a carbonized gray Bronco, I'd 'assume' that the carbonized gray hardtop would match. Be careful on this assumption. carbonized gray are two different colors...

Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray 1596474983486

I'll stick with cactus gray for now, but I do want to see all the colors - and hard tops - in person ASAP.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think a gray hardtop would clash with every color considering the doorhandles, flares, bumpers etc will be black.

In my opinion, there isn't a single color Bronco that wouldn't look better with a black hardtop over a gray one.

I don't get the gray thing at all, and if that's all that's offered, Im just gonna save money and stick with a black soft top. I want black textured or white textured. Not gray, not painted body color.

EDIT: I want black, textured, matte or flat BLACK. Not painted black. Not glossy black.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a gray hardtop would clash with every color considering the doorhandles, flares, bumpers etc will be black.

In my opinion, there isn't a single color Bronco that wouldn't look better with a black hardtop over a gray one.

I don't get the gray thing at all, and if that's all that's offered, Im just gonna save money and stick with a black soft top. I want black textured or white textured. Not gray, not painted body color.
I'd agree, but the black is a high gloss shadow black.

I want black molded in color, not painted black.

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I'm not sure the reason with the gray top. In my opinion it doesn't match any other plastic on the bronco. Then it looks like you got a sun bleached top from the factory. I will at a minimum getting the molded black top. It just looks better.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the gray hardtop - fine with the color. I wouldn't care for gloss black. Maybe more of a semi/flat black hardtop as on my Jeep would be ok. White looks cool, and while I wouldn't go that route, hoping Ford offers white because I'd like to see those driving around. Kind of a classic style.

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One nice thing about the molded in color top vs a painted too. It'll greatly reduced how long it takes to wash and wax it

Not having to worry about water spots on the top is sweet

They really shouldn't use the same name for gloss body paint and a matte molded in plastic color. That's almost certainly going to cause a problem later

Last edited:

XTurtle

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While I would also like to see it in a black hard top, I am planning on getting the 2 door in Carbonized Gray and this combo looks amazing to me

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I don't like the MIC gray with my CG, I'll just roll some white bed liner on it and call it a day! ?

DingoDog

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do we know for sure it’s gray and not black?
It’s listed every where as Carbonized Gray. Some pictures do look darker/more black. Most pics and even on the Ford website it’s gray even with black door handles which is weird

GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do we know for sure it’s gray and not black?
The Ford website lists the hard top as Grey but all other components as Black. Here is the demo model they are currently showing to the press, which matches what Ford has on their website.

Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray IMG_4365-scaled

Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray u725_21_2dr_cyber_orange_env_9

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It seems a little odd but I think it will be fine with all colors. Once a soft top is available for the 2 door I'll probably only use the hard top 3 months out of the year.

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Ford website lists the hard top as Grey but all other components as Black. Here is the demo model they are currently showing to the press, which matches what Ford has on their website.

Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray u725_21_2dr_cyber_orange_env_9

Goodness that looks awful - what a way to ruin that amazing orange
Sponsored