Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford,
If there is a way you can fit the ZF-5 speed from the 1990’s F250 with the low granny gear it would be a huge success with the 2.7 engine
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They'll have an aftermarket solution by the end of next year

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most people aren't going to void a warranty to put in an aftermarket transmission. Only the 1% wealthy and sponsored YouTubers will.
It’s not going to be in warranty forever, and wealthy people shun manuals as we can see from their availability(or lack there of) in ultra high end cars.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It’s not going to be in warranty forever, and wealthy people shun manuals as we can see from their availability(or lack there of) in ultra high end cars.
After warranty expires, I will do anything to the vehicle and do my own work on it.

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The zf5 actually has a lower torque rating than the 7 speed... (for the st-42, the s5-47 is barely higher than the 7 speed), also the zf5 has worse low gears than the mti550.

The reason the 2.7 isn’t being offered with a manual is because ford expects these engines to be tuned, and a mildly tuned 2.3 will still be within that rating, while a tuned 2.7 will quickly exceed it. The 2.7 is also not offered with a manual transmission anywhere, so it is not set up for it, and doing so would require changing/modifying the engine design. Couple this with the fact that manual sales aren’t going to be very many in the grand scheme of things, and there is not enough incentive for Ford to justify altering that engine’s production line, and adding another variant.

OC4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I might be stating the obvious here, but when I heard Ford was reintroducing the Bronco, I had visions of the glory years of 1969 to mid 70's, with a v-8 and manual transmission....love the sound of a V-8 with an aftermarket cam and headers. At least that's what I envisioned with the retro styling, but with modern safety and tech. Don't get me wrong, I think Ford has done a fantastic job with the new Bronco, its just a different driving experience.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I might be stating the obvious here, but when I heard Ford was reintroducing the Bronco, I had visions of the glory years of 1969 to mid 70's, with a v-8 and manual transmission....love the sound of a V-8 with an aftermarket cam and headers. At least that's what I envisioned with the retro styling, but with modern safety and tech. Don't get me wrong, I think Ford has done a fantastic job with the new Bronco, its just a different driving experience.
Half the fun of it was shifting through the gears hearing that amazing engine note.

Now you can listen to the weed eater noises while shifting.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ZF’s are a mile long and have an integrated bell housing. I don’t think they’d make a special case for a sub-par transmission with a long throw. Maybe for a 4-door but a 2-door you may as well direct couple the t-case output to the rear axle. I’ll be extremely happy with a short throw manual. But I’m coming off driving T18’s and ZF’s most of my life.
Sponsored