Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just don’t understand why ford would charge 3k for the mid package when you could just get the black diamond with marine grade vinyl for cheaper
Yes but the black diamond only gives you the washout floors and marine vinyl as far as interior items go. Mid package is a lot of the creature comfort stuff

Remember the stuff in the mid package isn't standard equipment until you get to the Outer Banks trim
Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes but the black diamond only gives you the washout floors and marine vinyl as far as interior items go. Mid package is a lot of the creature comfort stuff

Remember the stuff in the mid package isn't standard equipment until you get to the Outer Banks trim
true. I guess i’m still pissed about having to spend 37k for the big bend that doesn’t have simple comfort features that most other vehicles have at that price point

ndegnan1992

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

This is causing me to wonder if it would make more sense just to get the base OBX... since I’m gonna have to upgrade to the auto trans anyway for the remote start. The build tool can’t come soon enough lol.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is causing me to wonder if it would make more sense just to get the base OBX... since I’m gonna have to upgrade to the auto trans anyway for the remote start. The build tool can’t come soon enough lol.
That is the same situation I found myself in when I reserved a BB. The next day I reserved an OBX as a "just in case" based on the pricing tool.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reserved a 4dr BB so I can get the mid package but all I need from that is the 110v plug in,is real handy in my current truck.May change to Base with squatch if can get other items separately.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is the same situation I found myself in when I reserved a BB. The next day I reserved an OBX as a "just in case" based on the pricing tool.
I am in the same boat as you both. Do I get a loaded big bend or base outerbanks.

Mid package, auto, hard top and if the budget allows 2.7 lol but I think im realizing that is not likely for me lol

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am in the same boat as you both. Do I get a loaded big bend or base outerbanks.

Mid package, auto, hard top and if the budget allows 2.7 lol but I think im realizing that is not likely for me lol
Yup ... same here. Wanted to cover my bases with costs, options and design (BB headlights and fender flares vs OBX's). Now I just need to see them in person. I will say that the BB headlights, and grill, are starting to look better to me than the OBX ?‍♂

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup ... same here. Wanted to cover my bases with costs, options and design (BB headlights and fender flares vs OBX's). Now I just need to see them in person. I will say that the BB headlights, and grill, are starting to look better to me than the OBX ?‍♂
if the big bend had black rims and a black grille it wouldn’t be a difficult choice. but we just won’t know until we see all of our options i guess

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

if the big bend had black rims and a black grille it wouldn’t be a difficult choice. but we just won’t know until we see all of our options i guess
That's true ... but I do believe those are very easy remedies to be had once the truck is in my hands ;). I personally can't wait to see what everyone else does with theirs rigs out on the town. Will be good times for sure!

ndegnan1992

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

This is literally the same situation I find myself obsessing over. I need the auto, hard too, and auto start, those are nonnegotiable. I WANT the 2.7 and the rest of the goodies in the mid package.

If the difference in price is only a few grand it may make more sense to go OBX, but that likely means sticking with the 4 banger which wouldn’t be ideal.

Does the OBX still come standard with the soft top? Or do you get the hard right off the bat? That would also make an impact.

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is literally the same situation I find myself obsessing over. I need the auto, hard too, and auto start, those are nonnegotiable. I WANT the 2.7 and the rest of the goodies in the mid package.

If the difference in price is only a few grand it may make more sense to go OBX, but that likely means sticking with the 4 banger which wouldn’t be ideal.

Does the OBX still come standard with the soft top? Or do you get the hard right off the bat? That would also make an impact.
all 4 door trims come with the soft top..... annoying

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yikes... that may end up being a deal breaker for the OBX then. It really cuts into the potential savings.
same here brudda.... same here..... maybe ford is listening and realizes that majority of us want the hard top as the standard option. but that’s probably why they’re making us pay for it lol

ndegnan1992

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
same here brudda.... same here..... maybe ford is listening and realizes that majority of us want the hard top as the standard option. but that’s probably why they’re making us pay for it lol
They’re gonna end up having it almost perfect to want me to spend just that LITTLE bit more for what I want. Gonna bleed me dry lol

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They’re gonna end up having it almost perfect to want me to spend just that LITTLE bit more for what I want. Gonna bleed me dry lol
if the hard top was standard i’d go for the obx.
Sponsored