bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'd like to apologize to this guy, I was sure that glass top would break before anything just from day-to-day use... that shit held up.
Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yikes! Not saying a 4dr would have necessarily done better than the 2dr but the longer wheelbase does have it's advantages in certain situations.
And disadvantages in others … This appears to be just a bad line with the front wheel getting snagged in a hole.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The one important fact to always remember when posting your trail tales on B6G.......

Ford Bronco Oh Sh!$  2 Door Bronco with custom glass hardtop rolls over on trail images (6)

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys,
I’m good and THANKFUL to be abele to post AND drive 8.5 hours home

Ford Bronco Oh Sh!$  2 Door Bronco with custom glass hardtop rolls over on trail 8C1D8238-79AB-45CB-8F96-7BBA96802ABB

Ford Bronco Oh Sh!$  2 Door Bronco with custom glass hardtop rolls over on trail 8C1D8238-79AB-45CB-8F96-7BBA96802ABB

Glad you’re OK. Can you explain what happened? Also, please tell us more about that trailer. Thanks.

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He's here! Glad you are ok and were able to drive it out. I won't judge. I'm a novice also and I know even on the blue trails I've done, there is the possibility of rolling over if I screwed something up.

I'm interested in knowing what happened. You might get some that judge, but I think it would be helpful for those of us learning to get some idea of what we can do differently.

I am curious if this was due to trail turn assist. It looks like his steering is locked all the way to the inside of the rollover and he was trying to navigate a tight turn. In my experience on an area like this, where it is steep, off camber, and loose, using trail turn assist caused us to lose traction and the vehicle skidded to the inside, only stopping when it caught a rock. I could have very well done this same thing, if it was steeper. I'm wondering if he tried to use that to navigate the turn and slid down, then hit something and the momentum tipped him over.

Dewreckingcrew

Badlands
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 3.5 Boost and 2009 6.4 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys,
I’m good and THANKFUL to be abele to post AND drive 8.5 hours home

Thanks for posting. I'm a newb so I'd also like to hear what happened? What mode were you in? Were you using hill assist? Did you have sway bar disconnected? Did you have a spotter? Were you using the trail cameras? Did you shit your pants?

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for posting. I'm a newb so I'd also like to hear what happened? What mode were you in? Were you using hill assist? Did you have sway bar disconnected? Did you have a spotter? Were you using the trail cameras? Did you shit your pants?
Yes send Picts of your pants.

Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe around the x axis, but not the y.
Plus who can say with certainty that a four door subject to the exact same set of forces wouldn’t have rolled as well. Both a two and four door will roll to the side along a 90 degrees angle to the body - they are the same width. If you were to place both on a tilting plane straight forward, the 2 door would roll head over heels first. Any position between the two extremes will react proportionally - with lessening difference as the angle approaches perpendicular to the long axis of the body.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just for additional context, the guy commented on FB that he was at MERUS adventure park here in Texas. He has little to no experience and was on either a black diamond or a double black diamond trail(Plus was not using a spotter). Previous to this rollover he had to be pulled out/rescued once already by a trail operator because he got stuck in a canyon or something. Which the big door scratch is from, not from laying on the side.
Maybe around the x axis, but not the y.
Lets agree to disagree.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the absence of any detailed and nuanced conversation … sure.
Ok Bronco 2 door 174 L x 76 W 4 door 189 L X 79 W so Like I said 2 door is more prone to tip over then 4 door both laterally and horizontally and diagonally 4 door has a wider stance and length. so unless you know something about angles and gravity that I don't I would say I am right on this one. Either way that goofball would have flipped either I am sure

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok Bronco 2 door 174 L x 76 W 4 door 189 L X 79 W so Like I said 2 door is more prone to tip over then 4 door both laterally and horizontally and diagonally 4 door has a wider stance and length. so unless you know something about angles and gravity that I don't I would say I am right on this one. Either way that goofball would have flipped either I am sure
Is that the body dims or the wheel dims?
Sponsored