Sponsored

Gillespie Ford charges 10 grand in dealer hardship fees?!

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Those guys over there are an absolute joke. I ordered a GT500 from them back in 2013, and waited and waited, and turns out they never had an allocation, so my order was never going to be placed, even though I watched the forums religiously and was in contact with them about the status all the time and they reassured me it was coming in a few weeks. Total shit show.
I'm reluctant to post with a refrain from bashing. It's a tough time to buy or sell a vehicle.
I am not connected to any dealer.
I have bought 2 new cars from Gillespie in the last two years. A 2020 and a 2021. They have been fair and straight with me, but the times are changing. The 2020 was lower than sticker, and the 2021 at sticker. Their service department has fixed what needs fixing, and they have held to their word for me. I have friends that have bought from Gillespie as well. Sorry your experience was not the same.
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have any documentation stating vehicle sale price? Email/text/anything at all that can solidify the deal you made?

Here in NC verbal/email is enough to be held up as a legally binding contract(not sure about your state). If they didnt state it anywhere unfortunately not much you can do but try to negotiate with them and/or show them a loss in business with poor reviews from the bronco6g army. These types of dealer's disgust me. We all have to make a living but these types of markups are pure greed.

Broski5738

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pretty much the same thing happened with me at Napleton Ford in Illinois. Surprise 5k ADM about the same time I got my VIN. They wouldn't remove it, so I had to find a new dealership and place a brand new order. It's really shitty what they're doing. Hope your experience is better than mine.
I would never set foot in a Napleton dealership after my experience with Hyundai a few years ago.

Ledbetter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would never set foot in a Napleton dealership after my experience with Hyundai a few years ago.
I learned that the hard way. I called another Ford dealership and I swear they called Napleton "shitty". They also got me a purchase agreement with no ADM immediately.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I called my dealer this morning to let them know I received my window sticker, the blend date was on the fifth, so it should be showing up fairly soon. After a few horror stories I wanted to make sure there were no surprises. I was told that even though Iā€™ve been waiting for a year and had a ā€˜locked inā€™ price, there may be ā€˜dealer hardshipā€™ fees. Wtf?? Has anyone else dealt with this? Is there any recourse?
the dealer is telling you that it is YOUR fault they aren't doing well? Total bullsh!t I am so sick of these dealers

Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I called my dealer this morning to let them know I received my window sticker, the blend date was on the fifth, so it should be showing up fairly soon. After a few horror stories I wanted to make sure there were no surprises. I was told that even though Iā€™ve been waiting for a year and had a ā€˜locked inā€™ price, there may be ā€˜dealer hardshipā€™ fees. Wtf?? Has anyone else dealt with this? Is there any recourse?
Againā€¦.as you stated ā€˜myā€™ window sticker from Ford built to your trim package and configuration. This specific vehicle would not be on their lot without your order.
these dealers need to stop screwing with the reservation holders.
Iā€™ll say it again: dealer stock, abandoned orders, Iā€™ll even add deals in which financing falls through due to customer issueā€¦ā€¦all fair game in my book to add ADM or ā€˜DEALER HARDSHIPā€™ give me a fuggin break.

Last edited:
OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I learned that the hard way. I called another Ford dealership and I swear they called Napleton "shitty". They also got me a purchase agreement with no ADM immediately.
What dealership did you go to if you don't mind me asking? I read Gillespie's reviews, and it looks like I'm not the first one with a Bronco order that they sprung this on. Napleton look like a no go too, so I was curious where you had your good experience.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the Far North Suburban Illinois dealers suck. I've dealt with Gurnee, Libertyville and Antioch. None of them were straight with me from the outset. Now I'm with Granger and we know what that's looking like courtesy of FoMoCo. McHenry was a little different angle in their swindling. They seemed almost unaware the Bronco was being released. This is a debacle by any metric.

Ledbetter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What dealership did you go to if you don't mind me asking? I read Gillespie's reviews, and it looks like I'm not the first one with a Bronco order that they sprung this on. Napleton look like a no go too, so I was curious where you had your good experience.
Give Rae at Wickman in Barrington a call. She was an absolute rockstar for me. Couldn't ask for a better experience.

Sponsored

EStepCG2022

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Give Rae at Wickman in Barrington a call. She was an absolute rockstar for me. Couldn't ask for a better experience.
So they did end up giving you a purchase agreement? I just emailed my salesman basically saying there are so many instances of ADMs that I need some reassurance.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The salesman texted and apologized and said itā€™s the owners fault, not theirs. Donā€™t know if he was supposed to send me this, but this is what he got from their higher ups...

A1CF0700-817B-48D1-AFB6-C0D96661C172.jpeg
RELEASE THE HOUNDS Bronco6G!