First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The newer version of the air suspension (which the new defender has) isnt a main concern of mine, it supposedly is pretty reliable. (and has 'overflow' to push the opposite wheel down when one side is stuffed to improve traction)
As for the box, that is an accessory and you can take it off. You can also 'delete' the metal panel behind it if you get the 110. (I think it is permanent on the 90)
My main concern with the Defender is who makes it (not known for reliability and parts are expensive after warranty) and the cost to buy it.
I have had at least 3 Xterra 4x4 as Company owned sleds. Those are great vehicles and I should have bought one. If Nissan does a correct redo of the Xterra that would be a vehicle to check out.
Sponsored

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m lost on Land Rover. They build seven crossovers on 20” wheels with low profile tires. I can’t imagine there is much legitimate off-road capability In any of them. Reliability as a whole is terrible. They’ve completely lost sight of who they were.
You are right in so many ways. But for me the drawbacks aren't all that great. I lived in Utah (owned and thrashed a Scout II in the Wasatch Front) and my adult kids live ther now. I routinely go from SoCal the 725 miles up route 15 (posted at 80mph) to get to the mountains. In all the hunting, fishing, riding, camping and beer drinking I have ever done my non-Rubicon Jeep got me there as I imagine a Defender and Bronco will as well.

Some own 4x4's to "wheel". I own 4x4's to get me to where I can do the outdoor activities I like. To each their own, but rock crawling and overlanding not my thing. Truthfully, I love way too many different types of automotive transportation and see value in many even if not to may taste.

I was a "factory" guy for Ford, Nissan, Hyundai and retired from Toyota. I can get deals on all those makes, but don't even own one lol. My Jeep is my personal favorite so far and hoping the Bronco is as good for my soul.

Spencer

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m a HUGE fan of the old defenders, but man did LR brick the new one. where does it even fit amongst their currently line up?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a DINO - Defender In Name Only

I wanted the classic Defender looks with enough safety features to be sold in the US and maybe some GPS tech and cameras, but no nannies. LR didn't come anywhere close.

2004 is the newest Disco I would consider and even then I would have to replace so much to make it reliable; had a 1999 to over 100K miles.

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For what its worth, I was talking to a friend who has been a lifelong Land Rover fan. His father owned them, he owns a Defender 90, they've owned them for a long time, restored them, etc... He interacts with others in the LR community as well. We were talking about the Bronco, and how much we liked them. He said that LR had a great opportunity to bring back the Defender and they totally dropped the ball. Then he said a lot of people that had Defenders reserved, cancelled when the Bronco was launched, and reserved a Bronco. ?
Land Rover enthusiast here, can confirm. Owned a Disco and loved wheeling with it all over Southeast Idaho. Would love to own another Disco I or II or a Range Rover Classic or even an L322 in a heartbeat if the right one came along. I anxiously awaited the new Defender, and have wanted to buy an old defender for many years but have a hard time justifying $50k+ for a 25-year-old vehicle. When I saw the new Bronco, I said "that's my new Defender". I still have a soft spot for Land Rovers, but the Bronco quickly overrode my interest in the new Defender.

Love the front camera system that allows you the view from under the vehicle to see the front tires. Love the top end motor.

Hate the price
Hate the looks

Clueless on the box hanging off the right quarter???
I'd say it's a convenient place for all your service records :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For an all-weather vehicle rather than true off-road, the new Defender looks pretty legit. But all that expensive tech will surely make a bad situation worse in terms of reliability. And not to mention the cost. I do love those steel rims on the base 110 though.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You are right in so many ways. But for me the drawbacks aren't all that great. I lived in Utah (owned and thrashed a Scout II in the Wasatch Front) and my adult kids live ther now. I routinely go from SoCal the 725 miles up route 15 (posted at 80mph) to get to the mountains. In all the hunting, fishing, riding, camping and beer drinking I have ever done my non-Rubicon Jeep got me there as I imagine a Defender and Bronco will as well.

Some own 4x4's to "wheel". I own 4x4's to get me to where I can do the outdoor activities I like. To each their own, but rock crawling and overlanding not my thing. Truthfully, I love way too many different types of automotive transportation and see value in many even if not to may taste.

I was a "factory" guy for Ford, Nissan, Hyundai and retired from Toyota. I can get deals on all those makes, but don't even own one lol. My Jeep is my personal favorite so far and hoping the Bronco is as good for my soul.
Completely understand, I think a lot of different types of vehicles have their place. I don’t have much interest in “wheeling” mine either, but I guess my point is that Land Rover doesn’t make a single true SUV anymore, they’re all crossovers. I don’t think what LR did to the defender name is much different than what GM did to the blazer.

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have had at least 3 Xterra 4x4 as Company owned sleds. Those are great vehicles and I should have bought one. If Nissan does a correct redo of the Xterra that would be a vehicle to check out.
I own an 05 Xterra. Look up what they did to those of us that own them and had issues with our transmissions due to THEIR F***up. Class action lawsuit, multiple other issues. They screwed people hard. Ill never own another Nissan.

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I own an 05 Xterra. Look up what they did to those of us that own them and had issues with our transmissions due to THEIR F***up. Class action lawsuit, multiple other issues. They screwed people hard. Ill never own another Nissan.
That's bad sorry to hear that.

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not here to defend Nissan but we luckily have never had any kind of problem like that. Maybe it was tranny specific ?

My son in Titan, wife Pathfinder, daughter Rogue, wife Infiniti. Over the years maybe 15 or more never had an issue. I am sorry you had that problem.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don’t get what they were thinking with the Defender. Yea I get it you want to have soft vehicles in off-road brands that are completely incapable but help pad the real deal.

Jeep was able to figure it out, they can add as many wannabe minivans to their lots as possible as long as there is at least one true body on frame off-road vehicle.

LR? What the hell man, they replaced the halo vehicle with a minivan, who’s idea was that? I’m not sure what LR is any more but they don’t have any real off-road vehicles available and without that the brand only has image to sell on.
How long does image last without anything to back it up?

I was actually pretty excited when I heard there was going to be a new defender because America would finally get it back, then it started to leak and I would have bet money it was a bad joke.
It’s been urbanized like the rest of their lineup. I’ll bet bigger wheels and lower profile tires on black is a very popular option.