Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some more Ford patents were dug up, relating to removable doors and airbags. The caricature would suggest the Bronco is what they had in mind during the process.

https://www.motor1.com/news/367234/ford-patent-filing-bronco-doors/

https://www.caradvice.com.au/786823/2021-ford-bronco-patents-hint-at-removable-doors/

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/ford-bronco-removable-doors-patent/
removable doors.png

ford-patent-app-airbag-screenshot (1).jpg

Hopefully they have a way to turn these things off, so you don't get the tar knocked out of you for bumping into a tree or rock out on the trail.
Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting and I like it. Some new innovative ways to removed doors is definitely welcomed. Another reason for people to switch from Jeep.

I like the diagram too. Suzuki Samuri / early Bronco.

At this point I'm going to be very disappointed if the Bronco doesn't come with some kind of removable doors.

Last edited:

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m hard as a rock right now.

Hell yes.
While I know those patent drawings don't have to be 'accurate', them going that far kind of implies a very EB type of look, small A pillar, wont have the completely removable 'c' pillar, tailgate type 5th door, possibly even a built in cage for the back like the CJ-5s/7s. I'm not sure that last thing would fly though, they'll likely be required to have something similiar to the newer jeeps over the rear seat, unless it comes with only the front two, and a (one can hope) $1 'customer installed' rear seat, like the demon has on the front wheels and roll cage.

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I know those patent drawings don't have to be 'accurate', them going that far kind of implies a very EB type of look, small A pillar, wont have the completely removable 'c' pillar, tailgate type 5th door, possibly even a built in cage for the back like the CJ-5s/7s. I'm not sure that last thing would fly though, they'll likely be required to have something similiar to the newer jeeps over the rear seat, unless it comes with only the front two, and a (one can hope) $1 'customer installed' rear seat, like the demon has on the front wheels and roll cage.
The idea is a great one and I love that they seem determined to bring the Bronco removable doors. However, don't put much stock into the renderings. These are just basic generic images to show the idea. It's still encouraging to see though.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We know removable doors are the plan now if we'd get to see the real thing.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which part?

The telescoping metal tube that inflates an airbag seems like an injury waiting to happen, but as long as it only deploys during a collision and it is supposed to be inactivated during technical driving, they can probably avoid liability. People get black eyes etc from airbags in little fender benders and it's 'working as intended'.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Which part?

The telescoping metal tube that inflates an airbag seems like an injury waiting to happen, but as long as it only deploys during a collision and it is supposed to be inactivated during technical driving, they can probably avoid liability. People get black eyes etc from airbags in little fender benders and it's 'working as intended'.
Poor dog.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Using the structural tubing as a conduit for pressurized gas for deployment is a pretty cool idea too. Most of the mechanism could remain hidden.
Sponsored