Sponsored

Am I the only one annoyed by interior storage?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this issue exclusive to the bronco or is it consistent with the wrangler?
It's consistent with the Wrangler

Once again for those in the back, you can compare the Bronco to any vehicle you want, as long as it's a Wrangler.

RunNGunArk

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lack of storage in the center console has become somewhat common with the incorporation of wireless charging pads.

I traded in my volvo S60 for an XC90 a few months ago. They have an identical console layout, but the XC90 has a wireless charger in lieu of a storage cubby. So the area where I once put my wallet was lost to the wireless charging pad. it leaves you with 2 cupholders, and a useless coin tray. The Bronco is not that much different (actually slightly better). But typically, if you have two drinks, and want to charge your phone, you need to reshuffle your wallet/keys/gum, etc. Most vehicles have the shifter, two spots dedicated to cupholders, one storage area, and a coin tray. The wireless charging pad now robs one of those spaces.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah the storage is definitely lacking.

Obvious Ford's approach was "hey... we'll just give you a bunch of MOLLE grid stuff and you can use it however you want". Which... eh... honestly is fine, though I do wish there was more.

The Lux package folks are definitely are short on storage, a lot of the space that is storage on the other package levels is occupied by the B&O speakers for those with the Lux package... including my favorite storage compartment in the back passenger side (which is occupied by the sub on Lux).
I'm not Lux and that little bin is very useful, they should have put one on the drivers side as well as I'm sure there's a void there too. I keep my tow bar adapters and a roll of TP in there.

I stuffed an army shovel, tow strap and top bags between the roll bar and window in the very rear. I can get to them no matter how much stuff I have in the cargo area.

Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is a bunch of options you can add to give yourself some more storage in back and molle system.

My gripes are: cup holders... I have to use the kids carseat cup holders some times :LOL:, my knees hit the headlamp selector all the time, but that is more a personal issue I think, and I don't like how loose my vents are - I had to ditch my wireless phone charger clip because it just swung all over the place. I think a big thing Ford missed was cup holders in the doors... like they did in the Maverick.

Other than that, I've been loving every second in my Bronco. Also, it stops me from just stashing random crap in places, because I "have" the space.

Last edited:

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree with you, I've definitely noticed the storage lacking. I don't like to mount my ezpass to my windshield and reaching in the center console every time I need to use it is horrible. I can't keep it where the phone charger is because that's where the phone goes!

Not enough cup holders and not enough storage. Here's another gripe, why does the center console door not stay up? It doesn't clip or click in the up position so you're always fighting with it biting at your arm while looking for stuff.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good gripe. What's under the armrest? I had trouble finding images in google.

Sponsored

Booker34

Badlands
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d love to know what uses there are for the Molle? I have a few in mind, but feel I am missing many more.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love it! Less cubbies to squirrel things away means less junk in your car… less is more to me in this arena
Agreed. My Audi has a laughable amount of storage space, and only 1 regular sized cupholder. It makes it so it's always clean!
Sponsored