Sponsored

Am I the only one annoyed by interior storage?

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I made a simple reply about storage being less with a Jeep and some d*bag trolled me. And my post got deleted. LOL Ok
Sponsored

CantBstill

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"It's funny about all the things that people gripe about. Small gas tank, blown motors, QC issues, etc."

What!? so lack of QC on a 40k+ vehicle and blown engines aren't something to complain about lol.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two weeks in and loving it. It's funny about all the things that people gripe about. Small gas tank, blown motors, QC issues, etc. My one and only gripe so far is the lack of storage. I'm not sure how this was overlooked at Ford being that they got so many things other complicated things right?!?! The console is a joke, the glove box is 90% full with the normal literature, the wireless charger holds your phone, so pretty much all that is left is the door mesh pockets. The only other place is under the rear cargo area and that is approximately big enough to hold a half a sandwich.

Rant over. Happy Monday!
What exactly did you drive before your Bronco?? An Ikea wallunit on wheels? šŸ¤·
Lol
And...what are you needed to stash in the Bronco that you have no room for?
We gotta know!

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think itā€™s fine. I might be one of the few that like the cargo net doors, it holds my 40oz water bottle. The center console is fine, the area near the shifter is fine, there are slots on the dash that I donā€™t use, trunk area has pockets on both sides and under the floor.

what stuff do you need frequent access to while youā€™re driving, anyway?

i also added molle storage on the tailgate and center, so that helped some.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Two weeks in and loving it. It's funny about all the things that people gripe about. Small gas tank, blown motors, QC issues, etc. My one and only gripe so far is the lack of storage. I'm not sure how this was overlooked at Ford being that they got so many things other complicated things right?!?! The console is a joke, the glove box is 90% full with the normal literature, the wireless charger holds your phone, so pretty much all that is left is the door mesh pockets. The only other place is under the rear cargo area and that is approximately big enough to hold a half a sandwich.

Rant over. Happy Monday!
I think the console is huge. LOL.

I like that it doesn't allow me to squirrel away a bunch of shit.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"It's funny about all the things that people gripe about. Small gas tank, blown motors, QC issues, etc."

What!? so lack of QC on a 40k+ vehicle and blown engines aren't something to complain about lol.
22 (so far) blown engines out of about 50k vehicles produced is not even worth talking about. Even if we buffered it to 50 vehicles with bad engines that's about .1%

I'm not worried.

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™d love to know what uses there are for the Molle? I have a few in mind, but feel I am missing many more.
Man where to begin? Molle can be used for more stuff than I can even begin to cover.

First cup holders, you can fix the rear not having any cup holders by using the molle on the back of the seats (BD or BL) with something like this: https://www.camelbak.com/military/shop/bottles/everyday-&-outdoor/max-gear-bottle-pouch/CB-1753.html or all of these: https://www.maxpedition.com/collections/pouches/bottle-pouch

You can get a medical kit that will attach to molle like these: https://www.tacticaltailor.com/medicpouches.aspx

I picked up a couple of these vertical pouches for the back of my front seats: https://greyghostgear.com/collections/pouches/products/e-e-vertical-pouch-laminate

In addition to the molle on my future BD seats, I plan to add the molle cage in the back for more lockable storage.

In a nutshell, google molle and just about any additional word and you'll probably find someone making it.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish the mesh pocket on the seat back was actually tall enough to hold an atlas. Also the door mesh is pretty much only good for sunglasses and water bottles, but I understand it makes the doors flat for storing them.

Other than that, I have about the same amount of storage space as the Mazda I traded in. 2 cup holders, center console, glove box and a little shelf ahead of the shifter.

Sponsored
OP
OP
clhman

clhman

Wildtrak
First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super-Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
22 (so far) blown engines out of about 50k vehicles produced is not even worth talking about. Even if we buffered it to 50 vehicles with bad engines that's about .1%

I'm not worried.
@CantBstill I agree with this entirely. That is what warranty is for. I'll take those odds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
clhman

clhman

Wildtrak
First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super-Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What exactly did you drive before your Bronco?? An Ikea wallunit on wheels? šŸ¤·
Lol
And...what are you needed to stash in the Bronco that you have no room for?
We gotta know!
We both live in arctic environments, so in short, quite a bit. Jump box, battery cables, tow strap, ratchet straps, winter gear, boots, winter hat, shackles, trailer hitch, towels, first aid kit. That's the basics.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I miss the storage under the rear seats that I had in my Jeep WJ and that the seat went flat but otherwise I always enjoy being as minimalistic as possible. Full first aid kit in the glove box, Air down tools and a few essentials in the center console, now under the small trunk storage is where I shine! I have a small axe, 2" receiver hook for recoveries of vehicles without rear recovery points, 30' recovery strap, sheathed 18" saw, zip ties, rags, and half a dozen various bungees.

I do wish there was somewhere I could put my booster cables but for now they sit under the back seat. Never know when there is someone in need of a boost! And when we head out I have a fold up crate that has my tire compressor and all the other necessities that I don't need to keep in the vehicle but I need off roading like small stove and a few essentials.

Last edited: