Sponsored

Switching from a MIC Top to a Soft Top - quicker delivery or not?

Firebug11

Badlands
First Name
brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra( Ford Bronco Badlands on order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I attempted to contact my sales representative from the dealership I placed my order from 11 months ago regarding my 4 door, shadow black, 2.7, Badlands with MIC Top. I asked if changing from the MIC top to the stock soft top would get me my Bronco any quicker at this point. I was told “it makes no difference, hopefully we’ll start to see movement on the 2022 models.”
Since the beginning of this process I’ve felt completely dismissed as I’m sure most of you have as well. My question is, Is he right or am I being dismissed?
Sponsored

Golytely710

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have similar build at a local high volume dealer. My rep told me that changing to a soft top would definitely speed up delivery and she was right. I literally got a VIN 1 week after changing my order from MIC to soft top. Still waiting for my bronco to be built. Best of luck!

OP
OP

Firebug11

Badlands
First Name
brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have similar build at a local high volume dealer. My rep told me that changing to a soft top would definitely speed up delivery and she was right. I literally got a VIN 1 week after changing my order from MIC to soft top. Still waiting for my bronco to be built. Best of luck!
I certainly thought it would help and I thought he would be all over the idea! Which makes me think I’m being dismissed. Thank you very much for sharing.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Could be allocations are making them hedge. Just because you change to a soft top, doesn't mean you immediately get a VIN. Dealer allocations play a role. I'm a Day 2 reservation with soft top and am still waiting.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It makes a huge difference. I ordered with no res on Nov 27th and already have a build date.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Firebug11

Badlands
First Name
brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could be allocations are making them hedge. Just because you change to a soft top, doesn't mean you immediately get a VIN. Dealer allocations play a role. I'm a Day 2 reservation with soft top and am still waiting.
So If they have a lower allocation nothing I do will help, correct?

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was told by my dealer it would “only help by 2-3 months” I ended up liking the soft top more than I expected.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a 7/14 reservation and got bumped to a 2022. At the first opportunity, back in October 2021, to go through the re-order process for a 2022 I switched to a soft top. I was scheduled for production the week of 1/10 the very first week scheduling resumed and My Bronco arrived at the dealer yesterday 1/21. I will say through the build process I received no Build or Shipped status emails from Ford. I did receive a You have been scheduled for production email that had a handy link in it to the Pizza delivery tracker that did help me see where I was in the build process. Outer Banks, Advance 4X4, 2.3, Lux, Tow, Rear Locker, 4.27 Gearing. I’m definitely going to snag a hard top of some kind in the after market I can use in the winter though.
Ford Bronco Switching from a MIC Top to a Soft Top - quicker delivery or not? F9FF6D6A-9C6B-40C1-B54C-49D82660D1F8
Sponsored