First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
TravisC91, you should lemon law it, then reorder, or do you want to be the fix-ginnea-pig? I can tell you, if my 2.7 fails, I am seriously going to consider a full exit. One of the reasons I bought Bronco was because a) they know how to build trucks, so how could they screw up a Bronco and b) I thought there ecoboosts were bullet proof. So if my engine fails, half of my motivation just died, and I refuse to put my Bronco for 2-3 months on some lot awaiting an engine that first needs to be redesigned...............
Have you ever lemon law returned a vehicle? I have not, but my concern is that you will still end up with a few thousand in lost fees, add-ons, ESP, maintenance package etc.
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should’ve seen the crap from half the forum when @mpeugeot started original thread to collect data. Where’d they go??
Oh they’re still around. Just getting a little more quiet as data builds.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One of the reasons I bought Bronco was because a) they know how to build trucks, so how could they screw up a Bronco and b) I thought there ecoboosts were bullet proof.
If any of you guys are on the Lightning Forum, you might want to give those folks in a hurry to buy Ford's new science experiment a heads-up on how their core offerings are holding up

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: Today the dealer called me and said he can't order a new engine because the Ford engineers need time to redesign it. So it's gonna be a while.
This can’t be real.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it is a design issue wouldn't there be more failures besides the ones were seeing built June-August '21 ??
I wonder how many 2.7s outside of this window have even been delivered.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If any of you guys are on the Lightning Forum, you might want to give those folks in a hurry to buy Ford's new science experiment a heads-up on how their core offerings are holding up
I am not on that forum but have a reservation......................

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They will almost certainly give you an extended warranty for this kind of failure. They reached out to me on here and doubled my warranty length after my coolant hose issue, in addition to reimbursing my trip expenses.

I bet @flip could confirm whether these engines are on an engineering hold.🤯
Did you already have the extended warranty? How long was yours in the shop?

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder how many 2.7s outside of this window have even been delivered.
Wouldn't many thousands of 2.7's have been delivered? Ford only stopped building them recently and there's no 2.7 dirt mountain with 15,000 vehicles...that we know of.
Right?

awkward-stare.gif

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are we sure this relegated to only July-August builds? I thought I saw someone with a November build that went kaboom

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are we sure this relegated to only July-August builds? I thought I saw someone with a November build that went kaboom
November engine production date? Or November blend date for the vehicle? The engines are not produced the same time the vehicle itself is.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And people gave me crap for being so adamantly in favor of the 2.3L 🤣
I know there are several Focus RS owners on the forum. Despite using basically the same engine as the Mustang 2.3L I4, Ford just had to go and tweak it, and in the process ended up putting the wrong head gasket on several thousand of them.

So track record means nothing when it comes to Ford motors, even if the same basic design is bulletproof when used in another application.

TravisC91

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man, new Ford response now . .

- how's it going w engine ser# ?
- if too much hassle asking Service Dept, it may be easier w last-8 digits of VIN, if you like, our Ford rep can lookup engine ser# in OASIS
After getting the call from them today I told them I'd swing by tomorrow, I'll get that info then.

cashgolfer44

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep reading through all the comments and just cringe..... I have a 2.7 2 door badlands with a build date of 8/12 but then it sat at Dirt Mountain till the end of November for a new hard top. My Bronco was delivered on 12/22 but I was immediately told they couldn't sell it to me because it is one of the Bronco's that has a defective passenger side airbag. Which they still have not been able to get a replacement for. So there it sits in the dealer showroom, waiting for me to find out if I have a bad engine or not. Sigh............... Maybe that will be a good thing, might know more about the issue and possible future updates from Ford. Knowing how Ford communicates.....probably not. LOL

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there are several Focus RS owners on the forum. Despite using basically the same engine as the Mustang 2.3L I4, Ford just had to go and tweak it, and in the process ended up putting the wrong head gasket on several thousand of them.

So track record means nothing when it comes to Ford motors, even if the same basic design is bulletproof when used in another application.
Focus RS owner here who got a mustang gasket swapped out a few thousand miles in AMA
Sponsored